• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pre approved Kotak CC application rejected.

doomlord

TF Select
Recently I got a pre approved offer on my sister's account of Kotak Ltf League cc. My sister is having a Kotak 811 account from past 1 year. She doesn't have a CIBIL history and this was a first credit card which we applied for her . Since it was showing pre approved offer so I thought of giving it a chance. I filled the application 3 4 days ago. Yesterday my sister received a mail that the application has been rejected. I wanted to know what's the point of having a pre approved offer if it is gonna rejected like this . I thought the card will get accepted since I'd applied for HDFC pre approved offer and without any CIBIL check they accepted my application. Pls guide if anything can be done on this behalf. Needed kotak cc for occasional offers .

Attachments

• IMG_20230303_091924.jpg
    IMG_20230303_091924.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 179
  • Screenshot_2023-03-03-09-16-15-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-03-09-16-15-38.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 168

tappukepapa

TF Premier
1. Pre-approved offer was available in app or net banking?
2. Banks can reject pre-approved applications, if they found you are not fitting in their eligibility criteria.
3. You can complaint to Nodal then RBI regarding their faulty system.

doomlord

TF Select
1. Pre-approved offer was available in app or net banking?
2. Banks can reject pre-approved applications, if they found you are not fitting in their eligibility criteria.
3. You can complaint to Nodal then RBI regarding their faulty system.
It was available in the app, and she gets emails too from them, even after rejection, they're still sending mails to apply for the same cc.

I thought pre approved means no further checks are required, thanks for the clarification.

Will complaining work in this case? No CIBIL history.
Pre-approved offers do not guarantee credit cards. Both you and the bank have mentioned there is no history of CIBIL associated. Hence it got rejected,
Thanks got it. I thought they'll accept the application because they were continuously sending mails after mails and app notifications as well everyday even after rejection. Weird people.

tappukepapa

TF Premier
It was available in the app, and she gets emails too from them, even after rejection, they're still sending mails to apply for the same cc.

I thought pre approved means no further checks are required, thanks for the clarification.

Will complaining work in this case? No CIBIL history.

Thanks got it. I thought they'll accept the application because they were continuously sending mails after mails and app notifications as well everyday even after rejection. Weird people.
Generally, many people got pre-approved or normal credit cards despite no CIBIL History. You can try complaining to Nodal regarding denial of pre-approved card. It's worth a try.

Recently I got a pre approved offer on my sister's account of Kotak Ltf League cc. My sister is having a Kotak 811 account from past 1 year. She doesn't have a CIBIL history and this was a first credit card which we applied for her . Since it was showing pre approved offer so I thought of giving it a chance. I filled the application 3 4 days ago. Yesterday my sister received a mail that the application has been rejected. I wanted to know what's the point of having a pre approved offer if it is gonna rejected like this . I thought the card will get accepted since I'd applied for HDFC pre approved offer and without any CIBIL check they accepted my application. Pls guide if anything can be done on this behalf. Needed kotak cc for occasional offers .
I got pre approved offer from ICICI Bank about 4 years ago, card generated instantly. That's called pre approved offer. I don't believe other banks' pre approved offer as my wife's hdfc pre approved card declined instantly

doomlord

TF Select
Generally, many people got pre-approved or normal credit cards despite no CIBIL History. You can try complaining to Nodal regarding denial of pre-approved card. It's worth a try.
Sure I'll try that.
I got pre approved offer from ICICI Bank about 4 years ago, card generated instantly. That's called pre approved offer. I don't believe other banks' pre approved offer as my wife's hdfc pre approved card declined instantly
Yeah same thing happened here, let's see if complaining works here.

sudhirsiddhi

TF Select
In which state are you, it is not even approved in many states. I was also rejected for the first time because I had given the address of Bihar. After 3 months again kotak give me pre-approved Then I give random address of Delhi then after 2 days my credit approved without verification then I see my virtual card in Kotak App. Then my card is dispatched to Delhi address but I request to return then I updated my address through Internet banking then I re dispatch through customer care then successfully received my Card with limit 25k.

doomlord

TF Select
Kotak's software is possibly the worst I've seen of any bank.
I agree, even after rejection, they're sending those notifications daily on app and mail that you're pre approved for league cc ( see attached screenshot)
In which state are you, it is not even approved in many states. I was also rejected for the first time because I had given the address of Bihar. After 3 months again kotak give me pre-approved Then I give random address of Delhi then after 2 days my credit approved without verification then I see my virtual card in Kotak App. Then my card is dispatched to Delhi address but I request to return then I updated my address through Internet banking then I re dispatch through customer care then successfully received my Card with limit 25k.
I'm in Kota, Rajasthan, had applied for 811 account here itself and everything was done smoothly including offline KYC. Raised the complaint through website, no response.

If anyone is having Kotak credit card team's email, pls share with me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-07-13-08-10-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-07-13-08-10-57.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 48

sudhirsiddhi

TF Select
I agree, even after rejection, they're sending those notifications daily on app and mail that you're pre approved for league cc ( see attached screenshot)
I'm in Kota, Rajasthan, had applied for 811 account here itself and everything was done smoothly including offline KYC. Raised the complaint through website, no response.

I have sales department team number Please dm on Instagram @sudhir_siddhi

Chupaxabra

TF Select

I had directly called up customer care, who first said maybe I applied through an incorrect method. When I then showed him how I applied and he realised it was a software issue, he told me to directly phone my RM and get it issued.

I've decided to wait for a while now, instead of breaking my head trying to deal with them.

doomlord

TF Select
I have sales department team number Please dm on Instagram @sudhir_siddhi
Dmed
I had directly called up customer care, who first said maybe I applied through an incorrect method. When I then showed him how I applied and he realised it was a software issue, he told me to directly phone my RM and get it issued.

I've decided to wait for a while now, instead of breaking my head trying to deal with them.
That means calling them is useless, no details of email on their website, they'll reveal the email only if we complain to lower level and get the compliant id.

Chupaxabra

TF Select

Update: Kotak's system finally let me through and application submitted. Let's see if I get the card now.

uvaid786

TF Buzz
I also had pre approved credit card offer and i applied they rejected my application but i had complained in Banking Ombudsman they said due to the internal policy we have rejected your application. I complained again in banking ombudsman then suddenly they approved my credit card and now i am using that card.

doomlord

TF Select
I also had pre approved credit card offer and i applied they rejected my application but i had complained in Banking Ombudsman they said due to the internal policy we have rejected your application. I complained again in banking ombudsman then suddenly they approved my credit card and now i am using that card.
It's been few months since the application, will this work now?