• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Myntra Pre-approved LTF issue/scam.

Chimera-san

TF Select
Recently got call from Kotak bank where I hold a 811 account telling me I have pre-approved LTF Kotak Myntra card, I asked for other card, they said only Kotak Biz and Myntra available as pre-approved. Applied through them without any income docs and got approved within 2 days, no VKYC, etc was required.

Got the card with 2.25L Limit, and can see nothing is yet charged in my card.

To confirm if the CC is LTF or not, mailed the Customer care, got some vague answer of being Paid.
Here is the response from Kotak,

1702402001301.png

I have no other Kotak card, and this card has the highest limit compared to my other cards, should I close it or not.
Need advice and Suggestions.

Hitarth

TF Buzz
So finally some progress with RBL bank.

I received call and said they can get approval for 10k Amazon/any brand gift voucher as compensation.
I asked for LTF world Safari, but they denied saying I can't apply within 3 months since I closed shoprite.

Shall I take 10k voucher and end this chase?
I got call from kotak nodal officer and they are saying that you can take a Kotak league platinum as a life time free but we cannot offer you kotak Myntra as ltf.

I said that kotak league platinum is already offered as ltf so I denied it.

I offered them kotak white credit card to give me as ltf but they are not agreeing to it.

after that they clearly saying that we can not do anything now even I said that I'm going to escalate this issue and they are like ok do it.

What should be the next step please advise if anyone know it.

Hitarth

TF Buzz
I got call from kotak nodal officer and they are saying that you can take a Kotak league platinum as a life time free but we cannot offer you kotak Myntra as ltf.

I offered them kotak white credit card to give me as ltf but they are not agreeing to it.

after that they clearly saying that we can not do anything now even I said that I'm going to escalate this issue and they are like ok do it.

@Guidence @FinoGuy what are your thoughts

So finally some progress with RBL bank.

I received call and said they can get approval for 10k Amazon/any brand gift voucher as compensation.
I asked for LTF world Safari, but they denied saying I can't apply within 3 months since I closed shoprite.

Shall I take 10k voucher and end this chase
Some have got it. I think @Guidence

@Guidence @FinoGuy what are your thoughts
If You Talk politely then they will approve...

Don't use words like i will escalate n all..

After all u want something from bank...

LTF depends on your existing relationship with bank

Hitarth

TF Buzz
If You Talk politely then they will approve...

Don't use words like i will escalate n all..

After all u want something from bank...

LTF depends on your existing relationship with bank
Yes right, but I got three calls and in every call they are saying that we can not offer it but we will check it. And same thing is repeating.

vijay.vj

TF Ace

They cheated you with mis-information & mis-selling.
Gave you paid card by claiming LTF.

If you enough evidence to prove your claims, they will try to make amends via compromise. I have seen cases where people managed to get LTF card after escalation to RBI. And I got compensation of 10k voucher. In return, they want me to settle the case.

As you said, League platinum is already LTF on Rupay platform & its not anything special they are doing. So I see no reason why you should settle, unless you really want Kotak card.

Your approach should be like, "how you suffered due to lies from bank and why you deserve compensation". If your evidence is strong, they will settle it outside RBI by giving you something.

Hitarth

TF Buzz
They cheated you with mis-information & mis-selling.
Gave you paid card by claiming LTF.

If you enough evidence to prove your claims, they will try to make amends via compromise. I have seen cases where people managed to get LTF card after escalation to RBI. And I got compensation of 10k voucher. In return, they want me to settle the case.

As you said, League platinum is already LTF on Rupay platform & its not anything special they are doing. So I see no reason why you should settle, unless you really want Kotak card.

Your approach should be like, "how you suffered due to lies from bank and why you deserve compensation". If your evidence is strong, they will settle it outside RBI by giving you something.
Yes right, I will try to get kotak Indian oil credit as ltf if they agree because Indian oil card will be helpful to me for fuel and it will also work for me as a Kotak card for a online sell discounts.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
I got call from nodal desk and they are still saying that we can only offer you league rupay platinum card as LTF no other card, I asked for Zen and IOCL as well. What should I do @vijay.vj @Guidence should I take it ane close the case?
Explain how you got duped by Kotak agent & how you ended up with card you never wanted, which caused you severe mental agony. Tell them you are not interested in League rupay.

Ask them how they are going to fix it. Tell them you seek what is originally promised. Else seek monetary compensation.

As I explained over DM, guys did manage to get better card as LTF after getting duped, by raising it to RBI. So keep trying.

Hitarth

TF Buzz
Explain how you got duped by Kotak agent & how you ended up with card you never wanted, which caused you severe mental agony. Tell them you are not interested in League rupay.

Ask them how they are going to fix it. Tell them you seek what is originally promised. Else seek monetary compensation.

As I explained over DM, guys did manage to get better card as LTF after getting duped, by raising it to RBI. So keep trying.
Let me try one more time.