• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Myntra Pre-approved LTF issue/scam.

Chimera-san

TF Select
Recently got call from Kotak bank where I hold a 811 account telling me I have pre-approved LTF Kotak Myntra card, I asked for other card, they said only Kotak Biz and Myntra available as pre-approved. Applied through them without any income docs and got approved within 2 days, no VKYC, etc was required.

Got the card with 2.25L Limit, and can see nothing is yet charged in my card.

To confirm if the CC is LTF or not, mailed the Customer care, got some vague answer of being Paid.
Here is the response from Kotak,

1702402001301.png

I have no other Kotak card, and this card has the highest limit compared to my other cards, should I close it or not.
Need advice and Suggestions.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Any way to file complain to RBI?

I'm about to file the same, hence have everything handy. You can do the same

Hitarth

TF Buzz

I'm about to file the same, hence have everything handy. You can do the same
Thank you! I will file.

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Yes filled today, let's see
RIP that agent who missold the card.. Kotak agents can do anything to sell card. Similar incident happened with me. It was a lady, after telling them 2 times that I am not interested in their paid cards, third time she planned & called from another number and told me that card is preapproved and absolutely LTF. I told okay.. But send me your ID and offer details in WhatsApp or mail from your official mail id.. She gave phone to some guy and he apologised me that card is paid & then ended the call.. They still bother me by calling repeatedly from different numbers & trying to convince to get a card from them.. Hv blocked almost 10+ numbers till date. Will hv to take legal action if it continues..

Hitarth

TF Buzz
RIP that agent who missold the card.. Kotak agents can do anything to sell card. Similar incident happened with me. It was a lady, after telling them 2 times that I am not interested in their paid cards, third time she planned & called from another number and told me that card is preapproved and absolutely LTF. I told okay.. But send me your ID and offer details in WhatsApp or mail from your official mail id.. She gave phone to some guy and he apologised me that card is paid & then ended the call.. They still bother me by calling repeatedly from different numbers & trying to convince to get a card from them.. Hv blocked almost 10+ numbers till date. Will hv to take legal action if it continues..
I got call from kotak nodal officer regarding the RBI complaint.

I shared the call recording over email. Waiting for update.

Recently got call from Kotak bank where I hold a 811 account telling me I have pre-approved LTF Kotak Myntra card, I asked for other card, they said only Kotak Biz and Myntra available as pre-approved. Applied through them without any income docs and got approved within 2 days, no VKYC, etc was required.

Got the card with 2.25L Limit, and can see nothing is yet charged in my card.

To confirm if the CC is LTF or not, mailed the Customer care, got some vague answer of being Paid.
Here is the response from Kotak,

1702402001301.png

I have no other Kotak card, and this card has the highest limit compared to my other cards, should I close it or not.
Need advice and Suggestions.
Yesterday I got this card but it was LTF..

vijay.vj

TF Ace
So finally some progress with RBL bank.

I received call and said they can get approval for 10k Amazon/any brand gift voucher as compensation.
I asked for LTF world Safari, but they denied saying I can't apply within 3 months since I closed shoprite.

Shall I take 10k voucher and end this chase?