• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Myntra Pre-approved LTF issue/scam.

Chimera-san

TF Select
Recently got call from Kotak bank where I hold a 811 account telling me I have pre-approved LTF Kotak Myntra card, I asked for other card, they said only Kotak Biz and Myntra available as pre-approved. Applied through them without any income docs and got approved within 2 days, no VKYC, etc was required.

Got the card with 2.25L Limit, and can see nothing is yet charged in my card.

To confirm if the CC is LTF or not, mailed the Customer care, got some vague answer of being Paid.
Here is the response from Kotak,

1702402001301.png

I have no other Kotak card, and this card has the highest limit compared to my other cards, should I close it or not.
Need advice and Suggestions.

ak95

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was sure 90%, that it was Kotak bank employee.
Kotak normally sends a pdf document of you credit card application via email, there joining and annual fees are clearly mentioned. Just comfirm if it is zero or not.

one more thing… Kotak bank sometimes charges the joking fees in 2nd or 3rd month.

Chimera-san

TF Select
Kotak normally sends a pdf document of you credit card application via email, there joining and annual fees are clearly mentioned. Just comfirm if it is zero or not.

one more thing… Kotak bank sometimes charges the joking fees in 2nd or 3rd month.
didn't received any pdf yet.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Recently got call from Kotak bank where I hold a 811 account telling me I have pre-approved LTF Kotak Myntra card, I asked for other card, they said only Kotak Biz and Myntra available as pre-approved. Applied through them without any income docs and got approved within 2 days, no VKYC, etc was required.

To confirm if the CC is LTF or not, mailed the Customer care, got some vague answer of being Paid.

1702402001301.png

I have no other Kotak card, and this card has the highest limit compared to my other cards, should I close it or not.
Check the number from which you received the call.
Use Truecaller to see if it's the actual Kotak team number.
And yes, the Kotak Credit card backend team calls for pre-approved credit card offers, and the application is done on call only.

If that is the case, mention the number and timing of the call in the next email to nodalofficer@kotak.com
They will help you out.

Hitarth

TF Buzz
I also got the same call from kotak. Person who offered me kotak Myntra as ltf also shared her employee id via email and the emal also came from official @kotak.com Domain.
So I applied for the card. She also told that you will receive the pdf of the application and fees will be mentioned as zero.
I Had applied for the card on 12 dec but didn't received any update.

Last edited:

ak95

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I also got the same call from kotak. Persion who offered me kotak Myntra as ltf also shared her employee id via email and the emal also came from official @kotak.com Domain.
So I applied for the card. She also told that you will receive the pdf of the application and fees will be mentioned as zero.
I Had applied for the card on 12 dec but didn't received any update.

Seems legit to me, but still activate the card only after getting the pdf.

vijay.vj

TF Ace

1702402001301.png

Hi Did you manage to escalate it? Whats the outcome?

I'm travelling in same boat, but with RBL bank.

Chimera-san

TF Select
Hi Did you manage to escalate it? Whats the outcome?

I'm travelling in same boat, but with RBL bank.

I currently see nothing has been charged yet, will mail level 2 grievance if charged, and try to negotiate LTF while closing the card.

rushin

TF Buzz
A similar scam happened to my wife for Kotak Biz card around June.
When LTF was asked to be confirmed since we never got the pdf, the support center guys said charges will be levied and we sadly did not record the phone conversations with the person selling us the card.
Since they did not agree to waive off the charges, we eventually closed the card without activation (and were not charged, but it added a closed account to my wife's cibil).

vijay.vj

TF Ace
A similar scam happened to my wife for Kotak Biz card around June.
When LTF was asked to be confirmed since we never got the pdf, the support center guys said charges will be levied and we sadly did not record the phone conversations with the person selling us the card.
Since they did not agree to waive off the charges, we eventually closed the card without activation (and were not charged, but it added a closed account to my wife's cibil).

I also didn't activate my RBL card. I don't want an entry in my CIBIL just for the sake of mis selling...
I will take it till RBI, but really sure if issue will be solved.

Hitarth

TF Buzz
I got the card and after confirming with customer care executive the card is paid.

I also sent mail to nodal officer but they are not ready to make the card life time free even I have call recording as well.

Please advise whom to contact now.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
I got the card and after confirming with customer care executive the card is paid.

I also sent mail to nodal officer but they are not ready to make the card life time free even I have call recording as well.

Please advise whom to contact now.
I'm in same boat. I do have call recordings & still they denied. Its RBL bank.

They didn't bother when I took RBI Omb... name also.

May be @TechnoFino Can help us my making a video of this mis-selling & sharing relevant evidence in his YT channel.
But most likely he will get sued by big corporate lawyers....