• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Makes sense to get a paid SC Ultimate? (Already have LTF DCB and LTF Eterna)

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi team,

My paid card portfolio currently stands as:-

1. AmEx MRCC (Used for monthly rewards)
  2. AmEx Platinum Travel (Used for one time large purchases)
  3. SC Manhattan (Used for 5% cashback on grocery, but hardly hit the renewal fee waiver spends)
  4. Axis Ace (Used for all the places where AmEx Plat Travel and HDFC DCB are not accepted)
  5. Citi Indian Oil (Very easy to reach fee reversal with fuel alone)
  6. SBI SimplyClick (Used for SBI offers mostly)

I already have two supposedly Super Premium cards HDFC DCB (used for offline spends) and BoB Eterna (used for online spends).

My strategy going forward will be surrendering Axis Ace, SC Manhattan and SBI Simplyclick, and get the SC Ultimate instead. I will be using the SC Ultimate at all the offline places where my DCB / AmEx is not accepted. My Questions are:

1. Does this makes sense? I feel my portfolio is already cluttered and reducing the number of paid cards is only going to make it better
2. I will get renewal benefits on SC Ultimate every year even if I am unable to hit any milestones?

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi team,

3. SC Manhattan (Used for 5% cashback on grocery, but hardly hit the renewal fee waiver spends)
  4. Axis Ace (Used for all the places where AmEx Plat Travel and HDFC DCB are not accepted)

I already have two supposedly Super Premium cards HDFC DCB (used for offline spends) and BoB Eterna (used for online spends).

My strategy going forward will be surrendering Axis Ace, SC Manhattan and SBI Simplyclick, and get the SC Ultimate instead. I will be using the SC Ultimate at all the offline places where my DCB / AmEx is not accepted. My Questions are:

1. Does this makes sense? I feel my portfolio is already cluttered and reducing the number of paid cards is only going to make it better
2. I will get renewal benefits on SC Ultimate every year even if I am unable to hit any milestones?
Can you please share how did you get BoB eterna LTF?

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you please share how did you get BoB eterna LTF?
Just a guess — I keep a significant sum of money in my BoB savings account as that gets counted towards the principal of my home loan with them. I applied for a LTF premiere under the LTF offer that was running till March 2022. They sent an Eterna card instead and I gladly accepted it.

The LTF confirmation was given by the CRM on the email.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just a guess — I keep a significant sum of money in my BoB savings account as that gets counted towards the principal of my home loan with them. I applied for a LTF premiere under the LTF offer that was running till March 2022. They sent an Eterna card instead and I gladly accepted it.

Lucky guy😅

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Today I had a brief discussion with Bank of Baroda Customer Care on Eterna/Eterna LTF.
What I have come to know is, if somebody has an income of 20 Lakhs/Annum then he/she must be eligible for Eterna LTF.
Although I'm not falling in that bracket but still I got it since I have an outstanding 10 years of Cibil History along with some other Super Premium Cards.
While applying I have mention all these details along with gave a front phase photo of my credit card.

I think all of that together supported me to get Eterna LTF.
Yes, one more information, whoever is getting Eterna now a days is being issued 99% on LTF only.
Let me know if somebody has got Eterna after March on chargeable basis.

P:S:- I don't have any BoB account.

Last edited:

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Today I had a brief discussion with Bank of Baroda Customer Care on Eterna/Eterna LTF.
What I have come to know is, if somebody has an income of 20 Lakhs/Annum then he/she must be eligible for Eterna LTF.
Although I'm not falling in that bracket but still I got it since I have an outstanding 10 years of Cibil History along with some other Super Premium Cards.
While applying I have mention all these details along with gave a front phase photo of my credit card.

Yes, one more information, whoever is getting Eterna now a days is being issued 99% on LTF only.

This is possibly true.

Despite ticking the check box on existing relationships while applying, they had asked for salary etc.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Hi team,

Ofcourse it does. 3.3% value back in everything. As joining bonus, you'll be getting 6000 RP which is equal to 6000 Rs of gift voucher. From next year onwards it'd be 5000 RP. First year it's even covering up the GST, and from 2nd year only pay the GST out of pocket. This a must have card imo, even if you hold Infinia.

chinmay

TF Select

I was issued BOB Eterna in April 2022. Had applied in the March offer but Eterna was shown as a Paid Card. (Fees Rs.2500)

On seeing your above message, even I was curious. On the BoB website, it says that the Card Fees are charged in the 1st Bill itself, however as checked in my last 2 bills, the fees are not yet charged. However I've also spent over 25k in 1st month itself which was the Fees reversal criteria for 1st year.

I've still written to the customer care email to confirm on the card fees and waiver/LTF if any. Will keep you'll posted on it.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I was issued BOB Eterna in April 2022. Had applied in the March offer but Eterna was shown as a Paid Card. (Fees Rs.2500)

On seeing your above message, even I was curious. On the BoB website, it says that the Card Fees are charged in the 1st Bill itself, however as checked in my last 2 bills, the fees are not yet charged. However I've also spent over 25k in 1st month itself which was the Fees reversal criteria for 1st year.

I've still written to the customer care email to confirm on the card fees and waiver/LTF if any. Will keep you'll posted on it.
If the joining fees were to be charged it would have been in the first month itself. Reversal would have happened on the 4th Month. billing cycle
If it has not been that means your card is a Life Time Free, even you can confirm that by calling dedicated Eterna Customer Care as well. (1800-103-1002).

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

It took a few follow-ups but I have a written confirmation of the card being LTF. Hope you get yours too :)

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Hi team,

Spot on.
Close 3,4,6.

Before closing try and call axis cc one time, if they are willing to make ace LTF for you or not.

Nocash

TF Select

Interesting
Let me confirm it from someone in BoB cards.

wolfdalalstreet

TF Premier
I got a BOB Premier LTF Issued and I mailed the conversions BOB to see if they can upgrade it to LTF Eterna. Sent the Salary slips (good enough) & ITRs. They refused stating "We would like to inform you that ETERNA card is not lifetime free card it is chargeable with Joining and Annual fee, Hence we regret to inform you that we are unable to upgrade your PREMIR card into ETERNA with LTF(life time free). We can upgrade only into ETERNA without LTF."

Anyone has ideas/experiences with them on the upgrade process? This thing is stopping me to ask them for a conversion to RuPay CC.

viveksingh1005

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I got a BOB Premier LTF Issued and I mailed the conversions BOB to see if they can upgrade it to LTF Eterna. Sent the Salary slips (good enough) & ITRs. They refused stating "We would like to inform you that ETERNA card is not lifetime free card it is chargeable with Joining and Annual fee, Hence we regret to inform you that we are unable to upgrade your PREMIR card into ETERNA with LTF(life time free). We can upgrade only into ETERNA without LTF."

Anyone has ideas/experiences with them on the upgrade process? This thing is stopping me to ask them for a conversion to RuPay CC.
where did u sent the salary slip ?
I have also sent the same to conversions email id . They are not even replying to me . Its been more than 25 days now.
I also wanted to convert from premier to Eterna but no so far no luck in even getting response.

What should I do ?

chinmay

TF Select
It took a few follow-ups but I have a written confirmation of the card being LTF. Hope you get yours too :)
If the joining fees were to be charged it would have been in the first month itself. Reversal would have happened on the 4th Month. billing cycle
If it has not been that means your card is a Life Time Free, even you can confirm that by calling dedicated Eterna Customer Care as well. (1800-103-1002).
Just got an email confirmation from BOB CC Team; they have issued the Eterna as LTF :love:

1654859150008.png

wolfdalalstreet

TF Premier

'The income of 20 Lakhs/Annum then he/she must be eligible for Eterna LTF' part should be not true. Did not work for me despite the salary slips & ITR showing the same.