• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Is it possible to get FYF/Paid Infinia if I hold a LTF DCB ?

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I hold a DCB ltf with 8L limit. I was thinking of getting an Infinia (even paid is fine) but without losing this ltf DCB.

I am a preferred customer with hdfc with 10+yrs salary account there. Is there any way I could get an Infinia.

Generally I see they upgrade from DCB to Infinia. But is it possible to keep both ?

PS : Before I got my DCB, I could see both Infinia and DCB as pre approved for me in HDFC portal. I opted for DCB as it was ltf and I had magnus as my Target. But now seeing all this vistara/accor fiasco, thinking of opting for an Infinia.

@TechnoFino @bhavyegoel @anirban.choudhury @TheMentalist @RewardsAlert @WhoU @ltf4ever @Abhishek012 @Cardmarvel @Wealth is my birth right! @Tejas @cardwizard @mgforce @CVR @CMG @pprakash11 @4uziaul @Walter White

Avid_snake

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you meet Infinia's NRV and earning/income conditions based on salary/ITR, I see no issues why you should not get infinia.

That said, if you don't then I really hope HDFC keeps up the wall high to not let Infinia devalue by adding in people simply based on just touching the bare minimum 8L limit criteria.

Sorry but after Magnus devaluation, I am just looking out for my interest and other Infinia members.
I meet all Infinia's criteria and HDFC is ready to give me Infinia but only as an upgrade to DCB. I don't want to leave my LTF DCB to paid Infinia. I wanted to keep the LTF DCB and get the Infinia as an additional card so that in case Infinia is devalued further in future, I can always close my Infinia and continue with my LTF DCB.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I meet all Infinia's criteria and HDFC is ready to give me Infinia but only as an upgrade to DCB. I don't want to leave my LTF DCB to paid Infinia. I wanted to keep the LTF DCB and get the Infinia as an additional card so that in case Infinia is devalued further in future, I can always close my Infinia and continue with my LTF DCB.
Just want to know.. Is it possible to upgrade your DCB to Infinia and when you feel like closing infinia, then you can again downgrade it to LTF DCB?
Or am I expecting too much?

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have another possibility.

Me & my wife both have ltf DCB.

Actually I want to keep both DCB & Infinia.
Can I upgrade my ltf DCB to paid Infinia and also get an add-on card from my wife's DCB.
Would it be possible as I won't be primary account holder of DCB then.

bitsst

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have another possibility.

Me & my wife both have ltf DCB.

Actually I want to keep both DCB & Infinia.
Can I upgrade my ltf DCB to paid Infinia and also get an add-on card from my wife's DCB.
Would it be possible as I won't be primary account holder of DCB then.
Both me(FYF) and my spouse(LTF) have Infinia. We have issued each other add on cards. So, in your case also, it should be possible.

Avid_snake

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just want to know.. Is it possible to upgrade your DCB to Infinia and when you feel like closing infinia, then you can again downgrade it to LTF DCB?
Or am I expecting too much?
Not confident HDFC will give me DCB LTF if I downgrade later. Will try for an additional card for next few months. Else have to take the risk and upgrade to Infinia

sangeeth

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I am holding both DCB LTF as well as Infinia FYF. Not even under Alumni program. The RMs never do the work of pressing the credit card department. They will just keep telling that HDFC doesn't allow 2 Super Premium cards together, but it's a lie.
Wow. How did you go on about getting this? I have DCB LTF and have been trying to prep to get Infinia. Whose buttons do I need to push? :D

bitsst

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What you do with 2 infinia's per person??
Good question. Reasons:

1. Sometimes different spend based offers pop up for each infinia, and sometimes on only one. They are used accordingly.
2. No need of remembering one another's card numbers.
3. We have in all 7 add on cards issued to respective family members, helps with priority passes for lounge access.

Last edited:

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Let me tell you my overall HDFC Credit Cards journey then.

In 2011, when I got my first job, I had received the very basic version of credit card from HDFC, don't even remember the version. After a few years, it was changed to HDFC Moneyback credit card. While I was holding onto this card, I found out that I met eligibility for HDFC Diners Club Black, which was one of the best cards at that time (6-7 years ago). When I was applying for DCB, they had conveyed me over the phone that they can upgrade Moneyback to DCB, but can't issue new DCB. I strongly asked them WHY? Interestingly, over the same phone call, they agreed to give me separate DCB and not an upgrade. This was a pivotal moment.

I continued using DCB, meanwhile my Moneyback card had an offer to upgrade to Regalia First LTF, which I accepted. Later, I got an offer to make my DCB LTF if I opened a savings account with HDFC Bank, which I accepted. So this way I got my DCB as LTF. Then when the embargo hit HDFC when they could not issue new credit cards, they started offering higher credit limits to most customers with good CIBIL scores. This way, my credit limits kept increasing on both Regalia First as well as DCB. This was the second important moment.

In March 2023, I started pestering my RM at HDFC Bank to upgrade my Regalia First to Infinia. I didn't want to upgrade DCB because of 3 reasons, DCB has good annual milestone benefits which Infinia doesn't, can have separate accelerated rewards on both cards because both have caps and a different lounge access system compared to Priority Pass. My RM took my form and in a few days straightaway said that it is not possible to have 2 super premium cards.

This did not stop me, I wrote to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com in April 2023. I tried to make my case regarding how I am eligible based on my spends on Regalia First in the last 6 months (which I purposely did to upgrade that card), my credit limit, my CIBIL score and my long standing relationship with them. At the onset, they refused citing internal criteria of the bank. I responded to them, citing that I had offers for Axis Magnus, Axis Reserve, Kotak White Reserve, etc and again told them about my long standing relationship with them, I tried to convince them to reconsider this decision.

Finally after 5 days, they responded saying that they are offering me Infinia FYF as an upgrade on Regalia First. The FYF was not asked by me but it was a nice touch by HDFC.

I also hold Axis Magnus, but have to say, Infinia and DCB will always edge it out for me because in the long run, they do believe in taking care of customers and giving best benefits to customers.

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My story is slightly different. I held a Regalia since 2013 (my first card from HDFC, also the first premium card as it used to be back then). Then in early 2020 some HDFC agent reached out to me out of the blue and pitched me DCB in addition, while I could continue to keep the Regalia. I hadn't even heard of that card but was happy to sign up. But down the line, I soon realised Infinia is the real deal and started itching for it. Many mails and calls to RM went nowhere. But finally a mail thread that I started in Oct 22 culminated in Dec (!) with HDFC agreeing to offer me Infinia on two conditions:

1. Close Regalia (despite it being my oldest surviving card)
2. Upgrade DCB to Infinia FYF.

I weighed all my options and went for the above. My reasons were:
1. My DCB wasn't LTF and at that time I didn't think I would meet the spend limits on both cards. (I was wrong and I had to finally get the Magnus in May to meet my high value card needs.) My thinking was, Infinia will return back equivalent points even if I didn't meet the spend target, but DCB will always charge me 10k for no renewal benefits.
2. Limit enhancement offers are rare enough from HDFC, and splitting spends across two cards would limit my chances of getting such offers. This in fact is what happened with me during the Regalia + DCB days where I didn't get a single offer.
3. DCB had already started getting devalued so Infinia was clearly the better card.

db51

TF Buzz
My story is slightly different. I held a Regalia since 2013 (my first card from HDFC, also the first premium card as it used to be back then). Then in early 2020 some HDFC agent reached out to me out of the blue and pitched me DCB in addition, while I could continue to keep the Regalia. I hadn't even heard of that card but was happy to sign up. But down the line, I soon realised Infinia is the real deal and started itching for it. Many mails and calls to RM went nowhere. But finally a mail thread that I started in Oct 22 culminated in Dec (!) with HDFC agreeing to offer me Infinia on two conditions:

1. My DCB wasn't LTF and at that time I didn't think I would meet the spend limits on both cards. (I was wrong and I had to finally get the Magnus in May to meet my high value card needs.) My thinking was, Infinia will return back equivalent points even if I didn't meet the spend target, but DCB will always charge me 10k for no renewal benefits.
2. Limit enhancement offers are rare enough from HDFC, and splitting spends across two cards would limit my chances of getting such offers. This in fact is what happened with me during the Regalia + DCB days where I didn't get a single offer.
3. DCB had already started getting devalued so Infinia was clearly the better card.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. This should be super helpful to everyone hoping to get two cards.

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

So now you just gave one hdfc card ie Infinia

CC_Exuberant

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Let me tell you my overall HDFC Credit Cards journey then.

In 2011, when I got my first job, I had received the very basic version of credit card from HDFC, don't even remember the version. After a few years, it was changed to HDFC Moneyback credit card. While I was holding onto this card, I found out that I met eligibility for HDFC Diners Club Black, which was one of the best cards at that time (6-7 years ago). When I was applying for DCB, they had conveyed me over the phone that they can upgrade Moneyback to DCB, but can't issue new DCB. I strongly asked them WHY? Interestingly, over the same phone call, they agreed to give me separate DCB and not an upgrade. This was a pivotal moment.

I continued using DCB, meanwhile my Moneyback card had an offer to upgrade to Regalia First LTF, which I accepted. Later, I got an offer to make my DCB LTF if I opened a savings account with HDFC Bank, which I accepted. So this way I got my DCB as LTF. Then when the embargo hit HDFC when they could not issue new credit cards, they started offering higher credit limits to most customers with good CIBIL scores. This way, my credit limits kept increasing on both Regalia First as well as DCB. This was the second important moment.

In March 2023, I started pestering my RM at HDFC Bank to upgrade my Regalia First to Infinia. I didn't want to upgrade DCB because of 3 reasons, DCB has good annual milestone benefits which Infinia doesn't, can have separate accelerated rewards on both cards because both have caps and a different lounge access system compared to Priority Pass. My RM took my form and in a few days straightaway said that it is not possible to have 2 super premium cards.

This did not stop me, I wrote to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com in April 2023. I tried to make my case regarding how I am eligible based on my spends on Regalia First in the last 6 months (which I purposely did to upgrade that card), my credit limit, my CIBIL score and my long standing relationship with them. At the onset, they refused citing internal criteria of the bank. I responded to them, citing that I had offers for Axis Magnus, Axis Reserve, Kotak White Reserve, etc and again told them about my long standing relationship with them, I tried to convince them to reconsider this decision.

Finally after 5 days, they responded saying that they are offering me Infinia FYF as an upgrade on Regalia First. The FYF was not asked by me but it was a nice touch by HDFC.

I also hold Axis Magnus, but have to say, Infinia and DCB will always edge it out for me because in the long run, they do believe in taking care of customers and giving best benefits to customers.
I too hold HDFC salary accounts and cards since 2011. In Feb 2023 I got offer to upgrade to DCB card but chargeable from Regalia LTF. Later when I wrote mail to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com for LTF on ground of university , they changed DCB card to LTF. I requested them for Infinia but they denied saying internal reasons , but informed if I spend 7.5 lakhs I might get it.
Now when I met the spent criteria , they denied my upgrade saying mine credit limit is 7.94 only when does not fulfil the other criteria.
But I did not loose hope and keep on writing them for reconsider , but which went to the deaf ears. :D
I escalated them to nodal officer saying they promised earlier to upgrade if I meet spend criteria. But they denied my request. Now I have reached to Corporate Salary Relationship Manager (CSRM) and asked him to help here.
He told he will ask for upgradation of credit limit whatever deviation is there for Infinia and then he will ask credit card team to approve the upgrade.
It seems his initial request for credit limit also declined by automatic system check . LOLs
He is now asking reginal head to approve and now we are waiting for approval for Majestic holy Infinia .. This is the last hope .. I can't go beyond this .. :p Will update on the next status soon !!

sangeeth

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I too hold HDFC salary accounts and cards since 2011. In Feb 2023 I got offer to upgrade to DCB card but chargeable from Regalia LTF. Later when I wrote mail to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com for LTF on ground of university , they changed DCB card to LTF. I requested them for Infinia but they denied saying internal reasons , but informed if I spend 7.5 lakhs I might get it.
Now when I met the spent criteria , they denied my upgrade saying mine credit limit is 7.94 only when does not fulfil the other criteria.
But I did not loose hope and keep on writing them for reconsider , but which went to the deaf ears. :D
I escalated them to nodal officer saying they promised earlier to upgrade if I meet spend criteria. But they denied my request. Now I have reached to Corporate Salary Relationship Manager (CSRM) and asked him to help here.
He told he will ask for upgradation of credit limit whatever deviation is there for Infinia and then he will ask credit card team to approve the upgrade.
It seems his initial request for credit limit also declined by automatic system check . LOLs
He is now asking reginal head to approve and now we are waiting for approval for Majestic holy Infinia .. This is the last hope .. I can't go beyond this .. :p Will update on the next status soon !!

I was told after having 9L+ spends in 4 months, having a high monthly salary and all to F**k off as well. The new reason they came up with is 12L credit limit and they seem to have denied my credit limit enhancement request also.

I was also considering escalating to PNO but seeing this IDK if it’s going to help my case. I don’t have my salary account here.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Hey please can youy share CRSM email id ? :p this is new to me