• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Is it possible to get FYF/Paid Infinia if I hold a LTF DCB ?

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I hold a DCB ltf with 8L limit. I was thinking of getting an Infinia (even paid is fine) but without losing this ltf DCB.

I am a preferred customer with hdfc with 10+yrs salary account there. Is there any way I could get an Infinia.

Generally I see they upgrade from DCB to Infinia. But is it possible to keep both ?

PS : Before I got my DCB, I could see both Infinia and DCB as pre approved for me in HDFC portal. I opted for DCB as it was ltf and I had magnus as my Target. But now seeing all this vistara/accor fiasco, thinking of opting for an Infinia.

@TechnoFino @bhavyegoel @anirban.choudhury @TheMentalist @RewardsAlert @WhoU @ltf4ever @Abhishek012 @Cardmarvel @Wealth is my birth right! @Tejas @cardwizard @mgforce @CVR @CMG @pprakash11 @4uziaul @Walter White

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I hold a DCB ltf with 8L limit. I was thinking of getting an Infinia (even paid is fine) but without losing this ltf DCB.

I am a preferred customer with hdfc with 10+yrs salary account there. Is there any way I could get an Infinia.

Generally I see they upgrade from DCB to Infinia. But is it possible to keep both ?

PS : Before I got my DCB, I could see both Infinia and DCB as pre approved for me in HDFC portal. I opted for DCB as it was ltf and I had magnus as my Target. But now seeing all this vistara/accor fiasco, thinking of opting for an Infinia.

@TechnoFino @bhavyegoel @anirban.choudhury @TheMentalist @RewardsAlert @WhoU @ltf4ever @Abhishek012 @Cardmarvel @Wealth is my birth right! @Tejas @cardwizard @mgforce @CVR @CMG @pprakash11 @4uziaul @Walter White
I think you can ask for un upgrade with limit split
As far as I remember the upgrade form has this checkbox .
You can try mailing grievance redressal team and ask the process

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Hi,

To be honest, if the RM is helpful, they will find a way to get you the second card. Otherwise, as Anirban mentioned, you can try contacting them via email and be prepared for a lengthy process of exchanging emails.

Aise na ho jaye ki Infinia FYF ke badle main Regalia Rupay FYF de de 🤣

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Hi,

you have tagged me, but I also have same question.

one more thing - is your DCB really Ltf? if it showed in your portal, then it is probably LIFETIME FREE* with a spend baised waiver.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi,

2 core cards from HDFC Bank is really very rare as long as you’re having a very high NRV with a knowledgeable cum supportive RM
Else only upgrade is possible
Make ur limit to 10l and move to infinia that’s my 2 cent suggestion

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
you have tagged me, but I also have same question.

one more thing - is your DCB really Ltf? if it showed in your portal, then it is probably LIFETIME FREE* with a spend baised waiver.
It showed in portal. But I got it ltf under alumni program. And my institute name is embossed on my card

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I read there are some who have both DCB and Infinia here. If you guys can tag them here and maybe they can tell us how they approached to get both that would be helpful.

cardwizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I read there are some who have both DCB and Infinia here. If you guys can tag them here and maybe they can tell us how they approached to get both that would be helpful.
I already had DCB LTF and Tata neu Infinity as floater card, after this, I applied for HDFC UPI Rupay as well with the intention of upgrading it as it is not a co-branded card. Then I reached out to my RM for upgrading this UPI Rupay card to Paid/LTF Infinia, she asked to wait around 6-7 months and then she will get my card upgraded to paid Infinia. So will be trying this by Oct/Nov this year.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
What is the objective of keeping both the cards?

There was an era where DCB had special privileges / benefits that Infinia did not, hence it made sense to keep both. Now Infinia is any-day better than DCB. And even if you have both, you will end up using Infinia only on most of the occasions.

In my opinion, keeping both the cards is quite difficult. I have tried it but failed. There was some time in between where some people got it, but not sure if it can happen now. Sure RM can make it happen, but for that you will have to do lot of sacrifice, like keeping more money in bank savings account at lesser interest rate of buying expensive insurance policies etc. Is it really worth it?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
What is the objective of keeping both the cards?

There was an era where DCB had special privileges / benefits that Infinia did not, hence it made sense to keep both. Now Infinia is any-day better than DCB. And even if you have both, you will end up using Infinia only on most of the occasions.

In my opinion, keeping both the cards is quite difficult. I have tried it but failed. There was some time in between where some people got it, but not sure if it can happen now. Sure RM can make it happen, but for that you will have to do lot of sacrifice, like keeping more money in bank savings account at lesser interest rate of buying expensive insurance policies etc. Is it really worth it?
DCB still has its own benefits over infinia especially domestic lounge access , smaller airport lounges like Primus etc, do not accept even Infinia neither the PP that comes with it , there DCB can be a saver .

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
DCB still has its own benefits over infinia especially domestic lounge access , smaller airport lounges like Primus etc, do not accept even Infinia neither the PP that comes with it , there DCB can be a saver .
Afaik I visit one Primus lounge and guy at reception said for HDFC they accept both infinia and DCB. There was list written there as well, I doubt if Infinia is not supported in Primus Lounge.

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I also got ltf Tata neu Infinity offer without even completing the league fully. I just reached finals. The sms said I need to apply by 30june, but this card seems to be pretty easy to get. So thinking of skipping it for sometime.

I understand that it's a co-branded card and I can get it along with DCB, but if I take it then definitely I won't get Infinia as that would mean 3 hdfc cards

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
2 core hdfc and one co-brannded, you can apply for tata infinity LTF if needed.
I also got ltf Tata neu Infinity offer without even completing the league fully. I just reached finals. The sms said I need to apply by 30june, but this card seems to be pretty easy to get. So thinking of skipping it for sometime.

I understand that it's a co-branded card and I can get it along with DCB, but if I take it then definitely I won't get Infinia as that would mean 3 hdfc cards

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Also I recall while I was taking the DCB, i raised some concern regarding the diners with my RM. I was told I can get a floater card to use along with DCB. (Maybe regalia).

But if Infinia can be the 2nd card, nothing like that :)