DCB Get the DCB or Hold for Infinia?!

panthr

I have a LTF Diners Privilege for more than 2-3 years with a CL 5.25L.
I am pushing all my spends through my DCP to get the 7~8L spends in 6 months (Currently spend around 2L in last 2 months)

I've been offered a FYF DCB upgrade (10K fees on renewal next year) today, no limit enhancement.

I am aiming for Infinia but from what I know minimum 7L spend and 8L CL is required for Infinia upgrade.

My question -
1) Should I get the FYF Diners Black and try for Infinia later? Any cooling period in HDFC after I get a card?
2) Should I hold on and try for Infinia? My CL is 5L, so I'm not sure if HDFC will upgrade without some fight. Also spending 7-8L in 6 months might be a little difficult as my monthly spends are almost 1L.
3) Does DCB Metal 10K renewal fee make sense? I couldn't see any points on renewal nor any good vouchers! Infinia rewards 10K points on renewal, so that still makes sense.
4) Any idea how long this Upgrade offer might stay valid?! I hope I dont lose DCB waiting for Infinia 😂

PS- DCP reward redemption rate is 1point = 0.5 Airmile. DCB offers 1point = 1 Airmile. Thats one major reason I am interested in upgrade!

Update - I applied for the DCB! When I went ahead with the upgrade process, it mentioned my renewal fees would be 0! Seems like I got DCB Metal LTF :)

I have a LTF Diners Privilege for more than 2-3 years with a CL 5.25L.
I am pushing all my spends through my DCP to get the 7~8L spends in 6 months (Currently spend around 2L in last 2 months)

I've been offered a FYF DCB upgrade (10K fees on renewal next year) today, no limit enhancement.

I am aiming for Infinia but from what I know minimum 7L spend and 8L CL is required for Infinia upgrade.

My question -
1) Should I get the FYF Diners Black and try for Infinia later? Any cooling period in HDFC after I get a card?
2) Should I hold on and try for Infinia? My CL is 5L, so I'm not sure if HDFC will upgrade without some fight. Also spending 7-8L in 6 months might be a little difficult as my monthly spends are almost 1L.
3) Does DCB Metal 10K renewal fee make sense? I couldn't see any points on renewal nor any good vouchers! Infinia rewards 10K points on renewal, so that still makes sense.
4) Any idea how long this Upgrade offer might stay valid?! I hope I dont lose DCB waiting for Infinia 😂

PS- DCP reward redemption rate is 1point = 0.5 Airmile. DCB offers 1point = 1 Airmile. Thats one major reason I am interested in upgrade!
DCB is. grt card. take it if you can derive value and spend to get fee waived...it will be a step towards infinia

Shoxie

It is 7.5 Lakhs spend in the last 6 months and 8-10L credit limit for Infinia. One can be waived, since you've spent 7 Lakhs, try spending 7.5 Lakhs and then asking them for an upgrade to Infinia. It is possible to get if you're lucky.

nrj1007

Get DCB and continue spending on DCB if your spends are more than 8 lakhs in a year to get fee waiver. With your spends with DCB, you will get much better rewards.

There is no cooldown period for upgrade. I was upgraded from Millenia to DCP to DCB in 2 months.

panthr

It is 7.5 Lakhs spend in the last 6 months and 8-10L credit limit for Infinia. One can be waived, since you've spent 7 Lakhs, try spending 7.5 Lakhs and then asking them for an upgrade to Infinia. It is possible to get if you're lucky.
I'll try to get the 7.5 lakh spend, but the credit limit part is something I don't have control over!!

panthr

Get DCB and continue spending on DCB if your spends are more than 8 lakhs in a year to get fee waiver. With your spends with DCB, you will get much better rewards.

There is no cooldown period for upgrade. I was upgraded from Millenia to DCP to DCB in 2 months.
Thanks for the tip on cool down! I might get and try to upgrade to Infinia in the first year 😂

Shoxie

I'll try to get the 7.5 lakh spend, but the credit limit part is something I don't have control over!!
Yes, you need not have the required credit limit. You can still get it if you try after spending 7.5 Lakhs. You might have to speak with RM/BM and others to get it approved. I've seen people getting it without having enough credit limit.

Open a Burgundy savings account, deposit 30 lacs fixed deposit and then apply for Magnus Burgundy lifetime free card.
Magnus Burgundy lifetime free is much better than paid Infinia (2250) in every way.

panthr

Open a Burgundy savings account, deposit 30 lacs fixed deposit and then apply for Magnus Burgundy lifetime free card.
Magnus Burgundy lifetime free is much better than paid Infinia (2250) in every way.
Open Burgundy Savings Account - Can Do 😎
Deposit 30L FD - No Can Do 😂
From what I hear, Magnus Burgundy is lifetime free as long as I stay Burgundy, right?

SmartSave

Yes, you need not have the required credit limit. You can still get it if you try after spending 7.5 Lakhs. You might have to speak with RM/BM and others to get it approved. I've seen people getting it without having enough credit limit.

I've been pushing hard to get the upgrade after meeting spend criteria yet from top to bottom, they aren't approving despite having all sorts of other TRV.

However, their investment division suggested they can get an approval if we invest 3L/yr for the next 6 years which does not make any sense for this kinda card.

Shoxie

I've been pushing hard to get the upgrade after meeting spend criteria yet from top to bottom, they aren't approving despite having all sorts of other TRV.

However, their investment division suggested they can get an approval if we invest 3L/yr for the next 6 years which does not make any sense for this kinda card.
Ah, that's bad. Yeah it depends.

The invest just doesn't make sense though.

panthr

While the 'official' document circulated in TF says you can get Infinia with 8L CL and 7L spends, the Branch folks are either not aware or just don't want to help you out till you help them achieve their targets.

apply. directly with docs + Upgrade form + ITR + Salary slip ( self attested) and bank statement showing salary ( sekf attested) + Address proof.. Skip the branch