• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Aurum - Does it deserve a place after the Magnus catastrophe and for those who cannot get hold of Infinia?

Ramakgmc

TF Buzz
Nobody is looking at SBI Aurum seriously. Should we consider it with the Magnus catastrophe, especially if you cannot get hold of Infinia?
1% cash reward rate - No major exceptions (including government, insurance, etc.)
1 Lakh per month - 1500 Tata Cliq cash voucher
Milestone benefits - 5K Tata Cliq (5L), 10K Taj (10L), and the new Apple 20K (20 L) cash vouchers.
Annual fee exemption - 10K (12L)
If fee paid - 40K points (10K back)
This easily translates into 4-4.5% returns without much effort!
Generally, no need to maintain an Excel sheet and monitor. Decent non-spend benefits (lounge/golf).
I would suggest it for people who do not want to make extra effort (? Boring people)!

ALOAK

TF Ace
The problem with SC ultimate are the redemptions options are pathetic !
I am stuck with some 20k points without knowing, where to spend this - I use spend rather than splurge, coz most options available there seem like you have to splurge .
Same here day before yesterday I checked vouched section now only marriot bonvoy and itc voucher Taj hotels voucher removed. So only two are left rest other vouchers no use at all.

NeoOnWheels

TF Premier
I guess ICICI Emeralde Metal is better than Aurum card. 3% cashback in statement credits. Unlimited lounge access domestic and international. 750/- B1G1 BookMyShow tickets every month, Taj epicure membership and 1 night complimentary stay.

Ramakgmc

TF Buzz
Now, SBI aurum is also getting into miles transfer. ITC/Vistara and Air Asia have started.
What is the yield? Does it stand a chance if M4B and Infinia are not possible?