• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia DCB -> Infinia. Need tips

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello.
So I first started with a hdfc money-back card. Took a long while but finally got regalia in March 23 with 3L limit. That's when I decided to up the NRV. From 1-3L, I jumped to 50L family banking nrv. Got upgraded to imperia. Decided to do some expenses on regalia. CL bumped to 5L only in oct. Got DCB in nov.

Now I've tried everything. My RM posted a request for infinia (I meet spend criteria and decent NRV), I met a tier 3 town cluster head and told him I'll shift if he gives infinia (but didn't work... He thought that regalia gold would be better vs DCB and kept offering that). I could try going to tier 1 branch (city outskirts branch). My current spends is 7L from Nov to till date. I then saw that hdfc doesn't accept upgrade requests within 6 months. Is that true? Or shall I mail pno? Greveiance also said no. Virtual RM promised he'll keep trying.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you’re salaried then 2.7 L is the requirement for infinia.
Else ITR of 36-40 L should also do good.
You need to meet spends of 7.5L in 6 months and fulfill the income/ITR criteria to get an infinia as per their policy.

drsel

TF Legend
You need to meet spends of 7.5L in 6 months and fulfill the income/ITR criteria to get an infinia as per their policy.
What if you only have high income tax returns and no relationship with HDFC.?
(Millennia card was closed 4 months ago)

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Infinia is still possible, if ITR range is 36L and above, serviceable pin code then infinia can be secured.
Speak to an area sales manager or a cards center sales head and the job would be done. For infinia NRV, TRV only matters if you’re planning to seek a approval route ( Through branch or virtual banking verticals ) but if your ITR is meeting the criteria and no existing card you can go for infinia.

D₹V

TF Prestige
What is the difference between start conversation and start chat in DM?
Chat is new feature which recently implemented by TFC but no one uses, which you see in TF bottom page.

While start conversation will go in DM icon on top & messages will be like threads but private*.

*Not end to end encrypted because TFC owner have rights to see anything 🤭.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Salaried but don't have that much credit. Nor do I have that much itr. No other method? They stopped giving based on NRV?!

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
As I keep repeating every few months on various forums, for a good number of people DCB is even better than Infinia. How?

1. DCB Plastic, in case it is not LTF, has a spend-based waiver of 5L v/s 8L for Infinia and 10L for Infinia Metal Edition. Yes, Infinia does refund the fees as equivalent RPs which DCB does not.
2. DCB Plastic has a spend based monthly milestone of Rs 80k. You get 1k worth of vouchers (I get 500 BMS, 2x250 OLA). Infinia has none.
3. DCB offers 2X RPs (6.66% returns) on weekend dining at actual restaurants (i.e. no Swiggy, Zomato).

The places where Infinia defeats DCB is the refund for annual fees, 5X multiplier for vouchers via Gyftr v/s 3X for DCB and higher SmartBuy bonus RPs limit per day/month. DCB's acceptance issues though real are exaggerated. I have not once had an offline acceptance issue despite using it in at least 7 states in India across merchants though I have had a few issues online at minor / mid-level enterprises. All the big online merchants (Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Reliance Digital and even LIC) accept it just fine.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As I keep repeating every few months on various forums, for a good number of people DCB is even better than Infinia. How?

1. DCB Plastic, in case it is not LTF, has a spend-based waiver of 5L v/s 8L for Infinia and 10L for Infinia Metal Edition. Yes, Infinia does refund the fees as equivalent RPs which DCB does not.
2. DCB Plastic has a spend based monthly milestone of Rs 80k. You get 1k worth of vouchers (I get 500 BMS, 2x250 OLA). Infinia has none.
3. DCB offers 2X RPs (6.66% returns) on weekend dining at actual restaurants (i.e. no Swiggy, Zomato).

The places where Infinia defeats DCB is the refund for annual fees, 5X multiplier for vouchers via Gyftr v/s 3X for DCB and higher SmartBuy bonus RPs limit per day/month. DCB's acceptance issues though real are exaggerated. I have not once had an offline acceptance issue despite using it in at least 7 states in India across merchants though I have had a few issues online at minor / mid-level enterprises. All the big online merchants (Amazon, Flipkart, Croma, Reliance Digital and even LIC) accept it just fine.
Agreed.
Mine is LTF. So spend waiver isn't a criteria.

If I get back annual fees as points, I can use them for travel and hotels. My spends on the both are approx 20k - 30k per month. However DCB's daily cap of 2.5k points get hit too frequently.

I don't hit 80k milestone every month but gyftr higher cashback makes more sense.

Weekend dining is good. That I really enjoy. However most of the high spending restaurants have swiggy dineout. Only cap problem in swiggy dineout. 2 PPL dining often doesn't make the minimum spend. (but there I use swiggy money vouchers from gyftr)

Acceptance in India is 99%. However I also travel internationally. Over there the acceptance is very bad.

blew

TF Buzz
I'm also having doubts on the same. I've DCB plastic ltf and tata neu infinity ltf. Got DCB as my first credit card in sept (9L limit, ~2.5L salary credit) and spent ~7L in 5 months already.

I emailed pno asking them for Infinia LTF. They offered Infinia FYF. Does anyone know if pno or central escalations team can provide Infinia Metal LTF?
RM is pushing for ULIPs everytime and that's not the route I want to take.

I don't wanna lose my DCB as it's harder to get it back as LTF and it's practically similar to Infinia except for gyftr and higher smartbuy limits and no-one knows when infinia stops giving 12.5k points as renewal bonus.
Also, would it be possible to ask them to upgrade tata neu to Infinia while keeping DCB?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm also having doubts on the same. I've DCB plastic ltf and tata neu infinity ltf. Got DCB as my first credit card in sept (9L limit, ~2.5L salary credit) and spent ~7L in 5 months already.

I emailed pno asking them for Infinia LTF. They offered Infinia FYF. Does anyone know if pno or central escalations team can provide Infinia Metal LTF?

I don't wanna lose my DCB as it's harder to get it back as LTF and it's practically similar to Infinia except for gyftr and higher smartbuy limits and no-one knows when infinia stops giving 12.5k points as renewal bonus.
Also, would it be possible to ask them to upgrade tata neu to Infinia while keeping DCB?
don't give up ltf dcb... try whatever else..

csantosh15

TF Buzz

Did you ask them if they can provide infinia as an additional card while you also continue with your DCB which is LTF ? I heard HDFC is allowing us to have 2 core cards (plus any co-branded cards ) now . TataNeu is a anyway a co-Branded card so it must not be an issue to retain it as well.

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Did you ask them if they can provide infinia as an additional card while you also continue with your DCB which is LTF ? I heard HDFC is allowing us to have 2 core cards (plus any co-branded cards ) now . TataNeu is a anyway a co-Branded card so it must not be an issue to retain it as well.
I dont think 2 core cards these days is possible. Are you sure about this ?

csantosh15

TF Buzz
I dont think 2 core cards these days is possible. Are you sure about this ?
You can just try asking . I've heard they give 1 core plus 2 co-branded cards per person these days.
In that case you may have to choose between DCB and Infinia.
Since you mentioned upgrading Tata Neu to Infinia , that might not be possible, since Tata Neu is co-branded & Infinia is core.

But you can ask if you can get both Infinia along with your existing DCB, you never know :)

blew

TF Buzz
Yep, PNO said it's not possible. I then tried to get it through RM. He also said that it's not possible and confirmed with the credit card team and mentioned that it's only possible if limit is 15L plus.

Decided to stay with DCB Plastic.