• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia with same 4 last digits as DCB

yashwanthms

TF Buzz
So, last month I got upgraded to Infinia from DCB. Weirdly, both my Infinia and DCB(which got deactivated after I activated Infinia) have the same 4 last digits. I used Infinia a lot and already spent close to 2L in a month. Even statement got generated and I can see the reward points in my HDFC app or in hdfc banking website.

But, when I try to add Infinia to mycards site, it only asks for last 4 digits, phone number and DOB. It always picks the DCB and adds only DCB showing in inactive state. I am not able to add Infinia there. If I try to add one more card after it adds DCB, it says card already added.

Even in smartbuy, it never shows reward points for me to use it for flight bookings or to get Tanishq voucher. There also, it asks to add the card to unlock rewards summary and it again asks only last 4 digits, phone number and DOB. Here, after giving these details, it says unable to fetch reward points. If I try in infinia specific site, there it says card not yet activated! The root cause is because the last 4 digits are same and these portals ask for only last 4 digits. They should have ideally asked for first 4 and last 4 digits. Nobody foresaw this issue? Is it so rare?

I have sent multiple mails and did multiple calls. Initially they used to tell me that I need to wait till statement is generated. But I know it isn't the case. Once card is activated, within 2-3 days everyone are able to add their cards on both smartbuy and mycards. In mail, after explaining everything also, their reply seemed to be from a bot. It just said I need to activate the card! I have been trying again and again.

Anyone from here faced similar issue? If yes, what did you do to get it resolved?
I have a feeling their backend doesn't handle this scenario yet, since old DCB metal card would still be in their database for some more weeks/months and maybe I need to ask them to block this card and issue a new one, which hopefully has different last 4 digits!

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So, last month I got upgraded to Infinia from DCB. Weirdly, both my Infinia and DCB(which got deactivated after I activated Infinia) have the same 4 last digits. I used Infinia a lot and already spent close to 2L in a month. Even statement got generated and I can see the reward points in my HDFC app or in hdfc banking website.

But, when I try to add Infinia to mycards site, it only asks for last 4 digits, phone number and DOB. It always picks the DCB and adds only DCB showing in inactive state. I am not able to add Infinia there. If I try to add one more card after it adds DCB, it says card already added.

Even in smartbuy, it never shows reward points for me to use it for flight bookings or to get Tanishq voucher. There also, it asks to add the card to unlock rewards summary and it again asks only last 4 digits, phone number and DOB. Here, after giving these details, it says unable to fetch reward points. If I try in infinia specific site, there it says card not yet activated! The root cause is because the last 4 digits are same and these portals ask for only last 4 digits. They should have ideally asked for first 4 and last 4 digits. Nobody foresaw this issue? Is it so rare?

I have sent multiple mails and did multiple calls. Initially they used to tell me that I need to wait till statement is generated. But I know it isn't the case. Once card is activated, within 2-3 days everyone are able to add their cards on both smartbuy and mycards. In mail, after explaining everything also, their reply seemed to be from a bot. It just said I need to activate the card! I have been trying again and again.

Anyone from here faced similar issue? If yes, what did you do to get it resolved?
I have a feeling their backend doesn't handle this scenario yet, since old DCB metal card would still be in their database for some more weeks/months and maybe I need to ask them to block this card and issue a new one, which hopefully has different last 4 digits!
talk to cc or ask. for. replacement card saying lost..

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Very strange issue, best option would be to get ur infinia replaced.. if they ask for issue you can maybe tell them contactless is not working due to chip issue in the card.
Also did you mail on priority redressal? They would ussally reply after looking and understanding the mail..

Shoxie

TF Premier
True, as others are pointing out, the best option would be to get the card replaced. There are usually no charges for it in HDFC. Correct me if I'm wrong. Even if there are charges, you should mail their priority team, state that this is the reason why you're facing the error, and ask for charge free replacement.

Pawan_KS

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

try adding it in payzapp app, it redirects to mycards only after adding.

I have a feeling their backend doesn't handle this scenario yet, since old DCB metal card would still be in their database for some more weeks/months and maybe I need to ask them to block this card and issue a new one, which hopefully has different

PayZapp asks for full card number to add. MyCards has option to remove linked products from profile. SmartBuy has option to add new card with full card number. Please explore these options also.

parasf

TF Premier

Call to customer care
Says LOST YOUR CARD, block it

And ask for new card
they will issue new card with new number

wiizzard

TF Buzz
Block and get a new card, that's the fastest option you have.
Or, if you have another number, then update your registered contact number for Infinia and resister using that on my cards
Alternately, write to grievance redressal, but it will take more than a dozen follow ups and months to get a resolution, but you would have the satisfaction of resolving the issue for every one :)

dileep423

TF Neo

Hi, Please try hdfc infinia smart buy web page or please use hdfc smart buy. You can add Infinia card in HDFC smart buy infinia web page and use reward points for Apple or Tanishq

yashwanthms

TF Buzz
Well, I had tried all options mentioned above but was not able to fetch reward points on smartbuy, infinia portal and even in mycards after removing and adding new card.
They only told they will block and issue new card and new number is already reflecting in hdfc app.

Is there any way where I can get full card details online, like in icici? Because I wanted to use the card this week for a transaction, but printing of new card and its delivery will take approximately 7 days.

Shoxie

TF Premier
Well, I had tried all options mentioned above but was not able to fetch reward points on smartbuy, infinia portal and even in mycards after removing and adding new card.
They only told they will block and issue new card and new number is already reflecting in hdfc app.

Is there any way where I can get full card details online, like in icici? Because I wanted to use the card this week for a transaction, but printing of new card and its delivery will take approximately 7 days.
Well, you're out of luck. You'll not be able to get the card details before it gets delivered. I tried it in all methods, but it was not at all helpful.

yashwanthms

TF Buzz
So, now I have received a new Infinia and one more Priority pass card with a different number. My old Infinia was blocked. Does that mean old PP is also blocked, or do I have 2 valid PP now?