• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Get the DCB or Hold for Infinia?!

panthr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have a LTF Diners Privilege for more than 2-3 years with a CL 5.25L.
I am pushing all my spends through my DCP to get the 7~8L spends in 6 months (Currently spend around 2L in last 2 months)

I've been offered a FYF DCB upgrade (10K fees on renewal next year) today, no limit enhancement.

I am aiming for Infinia but from what I know minimum 7L spend and 8L CL is required for Infinia upgrade.

My question -
1) Should I get the FYF Diners Black and try for Infinia later? Any cooling period in HDFC after I get a card?
2) Should I hold on and try for Infinia? My CL is 5L, so I'm not sure if HDFC will upgrade without some fight. Also spending 7-8L in 6 months might be a little difficult as my monthly spends are almost 1L.
3) Does DCB Metal 10K renewal fee make sense? I couldn't see any points on renewal nor any good vouchers! Infinia rewards 10K points on renewal, so that still makes sense.
4) Any idea how long this Upgrade offer might stay valid?! I hope I dont lose DCB waiting for Infinia 😂

PS- DCP reward redemption rate is 1point = 0.5 Airmile. DCB offers 1point = 1 Airmile. Thats one major reason I am interested in upgrade!

Update - I applied for the DCB! When I went ahead with the upgrade process, it mentioned my renewal fees would be 0! Seems like I got DCB Metal LTF :)

Last edited:

SmartSave

TF Premier
While the 'official' document circulated in TF says you can get Infinia with 8L CL and 7L spends, the Branch folks are either not aware or just don't want to help you out till you help them achieve their targets.

Forget branch, PNO has given 3 different CL requirements to people whenever they have emailed. Sometimes it's 8L, 10L, 12L too. There is absolutely no consistency on these params. We've also seen people getting without meeting many of these criterias because someone got them approval on basis of something else...like just look at how their investment division is casually flaunting about getting upgrade if you invest which essentially means you don't even need to have a decent CL or spends whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets the Infinia as their first card from the bank after opening -> investing -> getting card approved.

Ah, that's bad. Yeah it depends.

The invest just doesn't make sense though.

I wonder if something like this can be done and what would the end result be: So in 2 conversation with their investment division folks at different times, both said they'll get Infinia if we invest a certain amount with one of them saying 1L and another 3L. Both did say there would be a grace period of 30 days to cancel the plan without any charges and fully refunded. What they mean to say is, invest and allow them a time of 10-15 days for them to get an approval on basis of investment and if they fail, we can cancel investment and get the money back...this sounds good as long as we get the money back fully.

However, I wonder what's stopping anyone from doing the same post getting the card? It's not like the investment is linked to the card, it can never be. So whether cancelling within 30 days or later (in which case, I'm wondering how much penalty would it be? is it impossible to break?). Someone who has invested can best share their understanding...

vine

TF Premier
Forget branch, PNO has given 3 different CL requirements to people whenever they have emailed. Sometimes it's 8L, 10L, 12L too. There is absolutely no consistency on these params. We've also seen people getting without meeting many of these criterias because someone got them approval on basis of something else...like just look at how their investment division is casually flaunting about getting upgrade if you invest which essentially means you don't even need to have a decent CL or spends whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets the Infinia as their first card from the bank after opening -> investing -> getting card approved.

I wonder if something like this can be done and what would the end result be: So in 2 conversation with their investment division folks at different times, both said they'll get Infinia if we invest a certain amount with one of them saying 1L and another 3L. Both did say there would be a grace period of 30 days to cancel the plan without any charges and fully refunded. What they mean to say is, invest and allow them a time of 10-15 days for them to get an approval on basis of investment and if they fail, we can cancel investment and get the money back...this sounds good as long as we get the money back fully.

However, I wonder what's stopping anyone from doing the same post getting the card? It's not like the investment is linked to the card, it can never be. So whether cancelling within 30 days or later (in which case, I'm wondering how much penalty would it be? is it impossible to break?). Someone who has invested can best share their understanding...
FYI- charges are never zero. *Hidden charges applicable*

girish3456

TF Premier
Update - I applied for the DCB Metal and seems like I got it LTF! The site says 'Zero fees for first 12 months. After which, there will be renewal fee of 0Rs'
Just now I have logged in to my cards portal of hdfc. Me too see the same as it is as mentioned at your end. However I have called phone banking people and they said it's just a FYF DCB Metal and not LTF DCB Metal card
Update - I applied for the DCB Metal and seems like I got it LTF! The site says 'Zero fees for first 12 months. After which, there will be renewal fee of 0Rs'

Last edited:

Sriky

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have a LTF Diners Privilege for more than 2-3 years with a CL 5.25L.
I am pushing all my spends through my DCP to get the 7~8L spends in 6 months (Currently spend around 2L in last 2 months)

I've been offered a FYF DCB upgrade (10K fees on renewal next year) today, no limit enhancement.

I am aiming for Infinia but from what I know minimum 7L spend and 8L CL is required for Infinia upgrade.

My question -
1) Should I get the FYF Diners Black and try for Infinia later? Any cooling period in HDFC after I get a card?
2) Should I hold on and try for Infinia? My CL is 5L, so I'm not sure if HDFC will upgrade without some fight. Also spending 7-8L in 6 months might be a little difficult as my monthly spends are almost 1L.
3) Does DCB Metal 10K renewal fee make sense? I couldn't see any points on renewal nor any good vouchers! Infinia rewards 10K points on renewal, so that still makes sense.
4) Any idea how long this Upgrade offer might stay valid?! I hope I dont lose DCB waiting for Infinia 😂

PS- DCP reward redemption rate is 1point = 0.5 Airmile. DCB offers 1point = 1 Airmile. Thats one major reason I am interested in upgrade!

Update - I applied for the DCB! When I went ahead with the upgrade process, it mentioned my renewal fees would be 0! Seems like I got DCB Metal LTF :)
Hey,

I'm eyeing to upgrade my Regalia LTF to DCB based on my CL. However, I am concerned on the lower acceptance rates of Diners network which will have an impact on my spends through DCB.

Can you please let me know your experience with the acceptance rates on Diners network (offline and online).

Thanks

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey,

I'm eyeing to upgrade my Regalia LTF to DCB based on my CL. However, I am concerned on the lower acceptance rates of Diners network which will have an impact on my spends through DCB.

Can you please let me know your experience with the acceptance rates on Diners network (offline and online).

Thanks
online acceptance is quite good.. offline acceptance is decent.. i have used for 7+ yrs.. have had non acceptance maybe 10 %.. its nkt bad as it now rides on hdfc machines.. if u spend more online then acceptance is v gd

Sriky

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
online acceptance is quite good.. offline acceptance is decent.. i have used for 7+ yrs.. have had non acceptance maybe 10 %.. its nkt bad as it now rides on hdfc machines.. if u spend more online then acceptance is v gd
May I know your city/cities you've tried spending offline?