• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Get the DCB or Hold for Infinia?!

panthr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have a LTF Diners Privilege for more than 2-3 years with a CL 5.25L.
I am pushing all my spends through my DCP to get the 7~8L spends in 6 months (Currently spend around 2L in last 2 months)

I've been offered a FYF DCB upgrade (10K fees on renewal next year) today, no limit enhancement.

I am aiming for Infinia but from what I know minimum 7L spend and 8L CL is required for Infinia upgrade.

My question -
1) Should I get the FYF Diners Black and try for Infinia later? Any cooling period in HDFC after I get a card?
2) Should I hold on and try for Infinia? My CL is 5L, so I'm not sure if HDFC will upgrade without some fight. Also spending 7-8L in 6 months might be a little difficult as my monthly spends are almost 1L.
3) Does DCB Metal 10K renewal fee make sense? I couldn't see any points on renewal nor any good vouchers! Infinia rewards 10K points on renewal, so that still makes sense.
4) Any idea how long this Upgrade offer might stay valid?! I hope I dont lose DCB waiting for Infinia 😂

PS- DCP reward redemption rate is 1point = 0.5 Airmile. DCB offers 1point = 1 Airmile. Thats one major reason I am interested in upgrade!

Update - I applied for the DCB! When I went ahead with the upgrade process, it mentioned my renewal fees would be 0! Seems like I got DCB Metal LTF :)

Last edited:

panthr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hey,

I'm eyeing to upgrade my Regalia LTF to DCB based on my CL. However, I am concerned on the lower acceptance rates of Diners network which will have an impact on my spends through DCB.

Can you please let me know your experience with the acceptance rates on Diners network (offline and online).

Thanks
It's a hit and miss. Sometimes, it won't work even online. For offline, major shops accept Diners, but your regular restaurants and stores mostly don't accept Diners and Amex. I always carry a Visa/Mastercard backup.
Acceptance is worse abroad! I was in Prague for 6 months, my Amex and Diners did not work anywhere! It might have worked some places, but the owners would insist I used Visa/Mastercard when they see multiple cards in my wallet!

girish3456

TF Premier
It's a hit and miss. Sometimes, it won't work even online. For offline, major shops accept Diners, but your regular restaurants and stores mostly don't accept Diners and Amex. I always carry a Visa/Mastercard backup.
Acceptance is worse abroad! I was in Prague for 6 months, my Amex and Diners did not work anywhere! It might have worked some places, but the owners would insist I used Visa/Mastercard when they see multiple cards in my wallet!
How about visa credit card then

panthr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am not entirely sure what worked!

My first credit card was the Diners Clubmiles, 5 years ago when I first opened my salary account with HDFC.
Fast forward couple years, I got upgraded to LTF DCP and now have a limit of 5.25L. Few things I did -
1) Pestered my Virtual RM with request for upgrade to Infinia card. That guy used to pester me for ULIP, so tit for tat!
2) Created a joint account with my parents in a different branch. Pestered the Branch RM for Infinia upgrade. Bought Term Insurance through him (that I wanted to buy either way)
3) Email to grievances and priorityredressal and pno, every few weeks for an upgrade to Infinia and credit limit increase.
4) Moved all my expenses to my DCP for 3 months (spent around 3L in last 3 months).

I don't know what worked, but out of nowhere I got a WhatsApp message from HDFC for upgrade to FYF DCB on my LTF DCP.

Ofcourse I applied, and during the process I saw a screen that said 'Renewal Fee of 0' during the application process. The first screen did say Joining Fees free, Renewal would be 10K, but the second screen said 0!

Got the card in few days, then sent email to grievances and mentioned in the email that I received offer for LTF DCP to LTF DCB. I attached the screenshot from the application and said I wanted evidence on email that my card is LTF. And boom, they replied on email and said they've converted my DCB to LTF 🕺🏻

girish3456

TF Premier
I am not entirely sure what worked!

My first credit card was the Diners Clubmiles, 5 years ago when I first opened my salary account with HDFC.
Fast forward couple years, I got upgraded to LTF DCP and now have a limit of 5.25L. Few things I did -
1) Pestered my Virtual RM with request for upgrade to Infinia card. That guy used to pester me for ULIP, so tit for tat!
2) Created a joint account with my parents in a different branch. Pestered the Branch RM for Infinia upgrade. Bought Term Insurance through him (that I wanted to buy either way)
3) Email to grievances and priorityredressal and pno, every few weeks for an upgrade to Infinia and credit limit increase.
4) Moved all my expenses to my DCP for 3 months (spent around 3L in last 3 months).

I don't know what worked, but out of nowhere I got a WhatsApp message from HDFC for upgrade to FYF DCB on my LTF DCP.

Ofcourse I applied, and during the process I saw a screen that said 'Renewal Fee of 0' during the application process. The first screen did say Joining Fees free, Renewal would be 10K, but the second screen said 0!

Got the card in few days, then sent email to grievances and mentioned in the email that I received offer for LTF DCP to LTF DCB. I attached the screenshot from the application and said I wanted evidence on email that my card is LTF. And boom, they replied on email and said they've converted my DCB to LTF 🕺🏻
Also once get it confirmed with customer care to double check the LTF offer has been enabled for your card successfully or not.