• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Is it possible to get FYF/Paid Infinia if I hold a LTF DCB ?

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I hold a DCB ltf with 8L limit. I was thinking of getting an Infinia (even paid is fine) but without losing this ltf DCB.

I am a preferred customer with hdfc with 10+yrs salary account there. Is there any way I could get an Infinia.

Generally I see they upgrade from DCB to Infinia. But is it possible to keep both ?

PS : Before I got my DCB, I could see both Infinia and DCB as pre approved for me in HDFC portal. I opted for DCB as it was ltf and I had magnus as my Target. But now seeing all this vistara/accor fiasco, thinking of opting for an Infinia.

@TechnoFino @bhavyegoel @anirban.choudhury @TheMentalist @RewardsAlert @WhoU @ltf4ever @Abhishek012 @Cardmarvel @Wealth is my birth right! @Tejas @cardwizard @mgforce @CVR @CMG @pprakash11 @4uziaul @Walter White

smuff

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Infinia approval is tricky, it required 2 levels of approval after your RM or BM submits the request. your credit limit , spend thresholds e.t.c are all just some reference items and excuses, what I felt is bank should see you mean business to them for approval or you got to be lucky, so better discuss with your BM and may be convert you classic sal account to either preferred or imperia which also might help to some extent
Thanks for your suggestion. Will discuss with BM.

yolosingh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
2 core cards from HDFC Bank is really very rare as long as you’re having a very high NRV with a knowledgeable cum supportive RM
Else only upgrade is possible
Make ur limit to 10l and move to infinia that’s my 2 cent suggestion
How does one increase the limit? I see an option in the app, but I don't think does anything. Just says someone will reach out to you

I currently hold two core HDFC cards with me - DCB alumni and Regalia LTF.
How I got it:
I had Regalia LTF with 7.5 Lakh limit. I was offered DCB LTF based on Alumni status. I requested the sales manager that I wish to retain Regalia as well. So, he took my consent/signature on another limit split form. My current limit was split into two parts - 5 lakh for new DCB and 2.5 lakh for old Regalia. Both LTF. However, I haven't received any Limit enhancement since last 1 year of DCB use.

Interestingly, mine was a unique case (purely because of knowledgeable sales manager). After around 1-2 months, my other batchmate with same case reached out to the HDFC Diners Alumni POCs....who told my batchmate that the split thing cant happen for random xyz reasons.
Can you please share the rm contact?

I had availed alumni offer in late September 2023 and got dcb ltf card.

I had regalia ltf since 5-7 years but sparingly used that as it did not have good returns. No account or any other relationship with hdfc. Alumni offer is really good if one wants dcb ltf.

Now, how do I get infinia ltf based on salary, itr and other card spends basis? I don't have a NRV criteria with hdfc, but can create one if someone can share a jugaadu hdfc employee who can arrange for a ltf infinia (I am quite sure that paid infinia won't be an issue if I try but I wanted ltf hence searching for a jugaadu hdfc employee if someone can please share the contact)

TF Premier
Can you please share the rm contact?

I had availed alumni offer in late September 2023 and got dcb ltf card.

I had regalia ltf since 5-7 years but sparingly used that as it did not have good returns. No account or any other relationship with hdfc. Alumni offer is really good if one wants dcb ltf.

Now, how do I get infinia ltf based on salary, itr and other card spends basis? I don't have a NRV criteria with hdfc, but can create one if someone can share a jugaadu hdfc employee who can arrange for a ltf infinia (I am quite sure that paid infinia won't be an issue if I try but I wanted ltf hence searching for a jugaadu hdfc employee if someone can please share the contact)
I think infinia as LTF does not make much difference as most people will get it as FYF and after paying second year fee you get equivalent points. Effectively you only pay
2.25K GST. Also the waiver criteria is not that high at 10L spends.
I personally think that the main task is to get infinia itself.

I think infinia as LTF does not make much difference as most people will get it as FYF and after paying second year fee you get equivalent points. Effectively you only pay
2.25K GST. Also the waiver criteria is not that high at 10L spends.
I personally think that the main task is to get infinia itself.
Can you please help me understand why 2.25k gst is negligible? Please don't mind me asking this question but I have seen this with many tf members for infinia, they don't mind paying gst. Is infinia that good card - I never understood the savings part of a super premium card and hence asking this naive question. Also, I strongly believe that paid infinia should not be a big hassle on my profile hence checking

infinia_finally

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you please help me understand why 2.25k gst is negligible? Please don't mind me asking this question but I have seen this with many tf members for infinia, they don't mind paying gst. Is infinia that good card - I never understood the savings part of a super premium card and hence asking this naive question. Also, I strongly believe that paid infinia should not be a big hassle on my profile hence checking
Infinia had effective reward rate of 3.33% (when redeemed for travel). To recover 2250 GST, you have to spend 67.5k. And with 5X points on certain spends), you can recover the fees with even lesser spends.

Now Infinia is offered for folks spending a lot (think 8L+ per year). So 67k is a small fraction of spends gone to recover the fees. Rest of the bulk of spends are earning handsome rewards (25k+). Hope that helps.