• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Makes sense to get a paid SC Ultimate? (Already have LTF DCB and LTF Eterna)

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi team,

My paid card portfolio currently stands as:-

1. AmEx MRCC (Used for monthly rewards)
  2. AmEx Platinum Travel (Used for one time large purchases)
  3. SC Manhattan (Used for 5% cashback on grocery, but hardly hit the renewal fee waiver spends)
  4. Axis Ace (Used for all the places where AmEx Plat Travel and HDFC DCB are not accepted)
  5. Citi Indian Oil (Very easy to reach fee reversal with fuel alone)
  6. SBI SimplyClick (Used for SBI offers mostly)

I already have two supposedly Super Premium cards HDFC DCB (used for offline spends) and BoB Eterna (used for online spends).

My strategy going forward will be surrendering Axis Ace, SC Manhattan and SBI Simplyclick, and get the SC Ultimate instead. I will be using the SC Ultimate at all the offline places where my DCB / AmEx is not accepted. My Questions are:

1. Does this makes sense? I feel my portfolio is already cluttered and reducing the number of paid cards is only going to make it better
2. I will get renewal benefits on SC Ultimate every year even if I am unable to hit any milestones?

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Update:- Finally I am seeing Ultimate in my net banking portal. Hoping to receive it soon.

A brief history — After everyone's suggestion, I decided to apply for Ultimate. But since I fell short of the 4L credit limit by a few thousands, it was rejected. Emailed them (about my credit score, salary, regular payment of Manhattan dues, and no limit enhancements since past couple of years) and got new limit without having to send any documents or CIBIL enquiry. Next, I applied again and with the enhanced limit, the application seems to have been accepted.

1656843220142.png

PS:- Since this thread now seems to be an LTF Eterna thread — I'll add that no-one knows what is the criteria in their algorithm. BOB Financial is a separate entity than BoB Bank, and most bank employees will not have an idea how to get you a LTF Eterna. These employees have time and again mentioned some criteria or the other, but that has been proven wrong as substantiated by members on this forum.

Gautham

TF Premier
Update:- Finally I am seeing Ultimate in my net banking portal. Hoping to receive it soon.

A brief history — After everyone's suggestion, I decided to apply for Ultimate. But since I fell short of the 4L credit limit by a few thousands, it was rejected. Emailed them (about my credit score, salary, regular payment of Manhattan dues, and no limit enhancements since past couple of years) and got new limit without having to send any documents or CIBIL enquiry. Next, I applied again and with the enhanced limit, the application seems to have been accepted.

1656843220142.png

PS:- Since this thread now seems to be an LTF Eterna thread — I'll add that no-one knows what is the criteria in their algorithm. BOB Financial is a separate entity than BoB Bank, and most bank employees will not have an idea how to get you a LTF Eterna. These employees have time and again mentioned some criteria or the other, but that has been proven wrong as substantiated by members on this forum.
congrats!!! My dream is to get SC Ultimate card!

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator

1656843220142.png

Congratulations bro..

Gautham

TF Premier
Me (and many others would take it only if it were LTF).

BTW, an interesting thing to note is that yes, it has good rate. But I've heard it's no good because the vouchers which are available are useless. No Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra etc. ... Only useless uncommon vouchers
I understand that. But that 3.3% reward rate for offline transaction and wallet loads is what tempting me extremely.. next best reward rate card for offline transaction with me is Axis ace. I would take those supposedly useless vouchers for the extra 1.3% rate any day :p P.S: am not going to be eligible for Ultimate card for at least 4-5 years :(

Chegg

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

1656843220142.png

Which app is this ??

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I understand that. But that 3.3% reward rate for offline transaction and wallet loads is what tempting me extremely.. next best reward rate card for offline transaction with me is Axis ace. I would take those supposedly useless vouchers for the extra 1.3% rate any day :p P.S: am not going to be eligible for Ultimate card for at least 4-5 years :(
Even I am eyeing this card after reading technofino's latest post but I am not eligible.

I have a question - what if we get any other SC credit card with a limit of 4L and above, and then apply for ultimate after a few months, will they consider us then?

Gautham

TF Premier
Even I am eyeing this card after reading technofino's latest post but I am not eligible.

I have a question - what if we get any other SC credit card with a limit of 4L and above, and then apply for ultimate after a few months, will they consider us then?
Yes, without a delay. U can apply and get approved immediately.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, without a delay. U can apply and get approved immediately.
So you mean if we have any variant of SC credit card, and then if we apply for Ultimate, they will definitely approve the application, even if the salaried income does not meet their eligibility criteria?

I am eligible for all their cards except for this ultimate. But getting them will attract annual fees, which I am fine as long as I get ultimate later.

Gautham

TF Premier
Yes, if you manage to get other SC cards
with 4L+ limit, you can get upgraded to Ultimate from their application portal following their existing card customers procedure.

• Love
Reactions: BMR

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Except for my newest axisbank vistara signature card that has 1L limit, all my other cards (icici, citi, amex, HDFC, Onecard) have ~7L limit. My spending isn't much, but whenever I apply for a card, it comes pre-approved with atleast a 3-4L limit, (don't know how), and then later gets upgraded to ~7L within months :)

I just read that in SC ultimate, you can redeem points only for brand vouchers, and the voucher's values are quite high...like 10k points for croma. Can someone confirm if the catalog has any useful vouchers of a lesser value?

Can the reward points be redeemed for cash? Otherwise the card is pretty useless for me.

Last edited:

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Except for my newest axisbank vistara signature card that has 1L limit, all my other cards (icici, citi, amex, HDFC, Onecard) have ~7L limit. My spending isn't much, but whenever I apply for a card, it comes pre-approved with atleast a 3-4L limit, (don't know how), and then later gets upgraded to ~7L within months :)

I just read that in SC ultimate, you can redeem points only for brand vouchers, and the voucher's values are quite high...like 10k points for croma. Can someone confirm if the catalog has any useful vouchers of a lesser value?

Can the reward points be redeemed for cash? Otherwise the card is pretty useless for me.
Not sure about cash redemption.
Here are some <5K vouchers that can be useful(from 2K to 5K)
Uber
BigBasket
EMT(2.5K)
Cleartrip
Raymond's
Fabindia
Bodyshop
Pantaloons
Spar
MMT
Lifestyle
Westside
ITC

Myntra 5K voucher is also there

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge

The selection is not that bad and also you can redeem part by cash as well, if you are short of points. With a redemption fee of 99, doesn't make sense to redeem 2K ones only.

Reactions: BMR

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I dont think sc interested in issuing new CCs 🤦
I think they issue cards only to the employees of their listed company. I remember talking to them some 10 years ago and even back then, they had refused saying my company is not listed.

If there’s any other way of applying for a sc card , I am not aware.

Anyway apart from ultimate , there’s nothing lucrative about their other cards.