• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Makes sense to get a paid SC Ultimate? (Already have LTF DCB and LTF Eterna)

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi team,

My paid card portfolio currently stands as:-

1. AmEx MRCC (Used for monthly rewards)
  2. AmEx Platinum Travel (Used for one time large purchases)
  3. SC Manhattan (Used for 5% cashback on grocery, but hardly hit the renewal fee waiver spends)
  4. Axis Ace (Used for all the places where AmEx Plat Travel and HDFC DCB are not accepted)
  5. Citi Indian Oil (Very easy to reach fee reversal with fuel alone)
  6. SBI SimplyClick (Used for SBI offers mostly)

I already have two supposedly Super Premium cards HDFC DCB (used for offline spends) and BoB Eterna (used for online spends).

My strategy going forward will be surrendering Axis Ace, SC Manhattan and SBI Simplyclick, and get the SC Ultimate instead. I will be using the SC Ultimate at all the offline places where my DCB / AmEx is not accepted. My Questions are:

1. Does this makes sense? I feel my portfolio is already cluttered and reducing the number of paid cards is only going to make it better
2. I will get renewal benefits on SC Ultimate every year even if I am unable to hit any milestones?

chinmay

TF Select
Lucky you :).

I also applied same way and I already have BOB account, no physical verification was done. Received with 3L limit, but it's not LTF :( Customer support says, LTF is only for 30L+ ITR.
I don’t have BOB account nor do I have 30L+ ITR

Infact I’m offered very low limit as per my expectations; just 1L

You can try asking them if they can converts your to LTF

sunnyhere

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
There are 2 problems with SC Ultimate which you should keep in mind before going to apply for SC Ultimate:
1. The redemption options are very limited and generally require 10k points and above for redemption. Redemption charges of 99+taxes apply
2. International Lounge access is complimentary only if 20k spent in the previous month on the card

If this is fine, the card is perfect for any transaction offline or online.

hariselio

TF Premier
I

I guess previous credit history/ loan with them does help even if you have slightly less itr/salary than required as it happened in my case.
Not exactly, I'm having more than 15 years relationship with BoB with two completed loans and one active loan currently, still my eterna is not LTF :(.