• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC fraud application for Wealth by agent

ZX44

TF Buzz
Hey all,

I received a random call from an IDFC agent on the weekend informing me she can get me IDFC Wealth card. I asked her like 10 times if she was sure about Wealth, she said yes and also showed her ID card from IDFC bank. I clearly told her, if its showing eligbility for any card other than Wealth, I'm not interested. However, she was very sure and then took my details over call/WhatsApp and shared screenshot of showing Wealth card eligibility (the top right, yellow banner above the card was clipped). She said I'm eligible for the Wealth card without income documents required and completed the application. I got a vKyc link which I completed later that day. I still felt something was fishy and asked the vKyc agent and also called customer care to check which variant was showing in my application and both said they cannot see it, however one customer care agent blurted "Select" at one point and then backtracked saying its not clear, we dont know till its processed etc...

Next day, I received an email stating application is approved and Select card is being issued. I was quite furious and immediately contacted the agent and then she still kept denying any wrongdoing and kept insisting I should wait till the card is received...

Having had enough of her BS at this point, I sent a very strongly worded email to multiple IDs (PNO/RNO/Nodal Desk) and they called me this morning apologizing for the incident and requested some time for investigation and said they will get back in 5 days. Meanwhile, I have been getting calls from that agent and her manager stating they will get the issue resolved in 5 days (he is not even clear about getting Wealth card issued); they are literally begging and pleading me to withdraw the complaint else they both will lose their job and that they will get penalized, etc... And what's worse they are sending me draft emails, asking me to forward that to PNO stating I am withdrawing the complaint and the issue is resolved (when it hasn't).

Now, obviously I dont want any person to lose their job for this but I would like to know if it can actually happen or are they just messing around again?

Quantum

TF Premier
Don't take the complaint back.
Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

Don't settle for anything less than Wealth CC.
Keep your stance same as it is now. Don't step back.

Nowadays, every other RM/Agent says that they are just about to lose their job over a complaint.

And if you have some documentary evidence, then keep the RBI bamboo ready and give the hint of this bamboo when you notice that RNO/PNO is expecting you to accept the Select CC.

Quantum

TF Premier
JFYI.
Since your target is Wealth CC, if you accept the Select CC, then upgrading it to Wealth CC would be a challenge in itself.
You would start hating IDFC once they start repeating, "Sir, there's no offer being shown for you as of now, wait for 3-6 months and it will show."
I personally abhor their CC process, as in my own intellectual capacity I have not been able to understand their logic/algo behind CC offering.
Going by the trend here, I find it to be luck based, it is extremely randomized in nature.

ZX44

TF Buzz
JFYI.
Since your target is Wealth CC, if you accept the Select CC, then upgrading it to Wealth CC would be a challenge in itself.
You would start hating IDFC once they start repeating, "Sir, there's no offer being shown for you as of now, wait for 3-6 months and it will show."
I personally abhor their CC process, as in my own intellectual capacity I have not been able to understand their logic/algo behind CC offering.
Going by the trend here, I find it to be luck based, it is extremely randomized in nature.
Yes, I'm not taking any other CC from IDFC, if its not Wealth. I'm very clear about it and Select is of no use for me.

Hey all,

I received a random call from an IDFC agent on the weekend informing me she can get me IDFC Wealth card. I asked her like 10 times if she was sure about Wealth, she said yes and also showed her ID card from IDFC bank. I clearly told her, if its showing eligbility for any card other than Wealth, I'm not interested. However, she was very sure and then took my details over call/WhatsApp and shared screenshot of showing Wealth card eligibility (the top right, yellow banner above the card was clipped). She said I'm eligible for the Wealth card without income documents required and completed the application. I got a vKyc link which I completed later that day. I still felt something was fishy and asked the vKyc agent and also called customer care to check which variant was showing in my application and both said they cannot see it, however one customer care agent blurted "Select" at one point and then backtracked saying its not clear, we dont know till its processed etc...

Next day, I received an email stating application is approved and Select card is being issued. I was quite furious and immediately contacted the agent and then she still kept denying any wrongdoing and kept insisting I should wait till the card is received...

Having had enough of her BS at this point, I sent a very strongly worded email to multiple IDs (PNO/RNO/Nodal Desk) and they called me this morning apologizing for the incident and requested some time for investigation and said they will get back in 5 days. Meanwhile, I have been getting calls from that agent and her manager stating they will get the issue resolved in 5 days (he is not even clear about getting Wealth card issued); they are literally begging and pleading me to withdraw the complaint else they both will lose their job and that they will get penalized, etc... And what's worse they are sending me draft emails, asking me to forward that to PNO stating I am withdrawing the complaint and the issue is resolved (when it hasn't).

Now, obviously I dont want any person to lose their job for this but I would like to know if it can actually happen or are they just messing around again?
Always share required details (if necessary) to official bank email IDs only and avoid WhatsApp at all costs.

ZX44

TF Buzz
Always share required details (if necessary) to official bank email IDs only and avoid WhatsApp at all costs.
I never share any details but since she shared her ID proof on request and it clearly showed she's employee of IDFC bank, her phone number was also showing up as IDFC, so I went ahead.

I never share any details but since she shared her ID proof on request and it clearly showed she's employee of IDFC bank, her phone number was also showing up as IDFC, so I went ahead.
Okay but still sharing any confidential details over WhatsApp is a big red flag always as you never know how your documents would be used illegally in the future and unfortunately you will have no control over it. Sharing these details on official email IDs are always better as you know the authenticity of employee and if something goes wrong you can sue that person officially with proofs and can even approach RBI BO for a better resolution on your complaint.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Do not take the complaint back, its clear case of mis-selling. Keep all the evidence handy, Escalate to RBI if required. They will issue the promised card but you will need patience to deal with all of this

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Hey all,

Idfc nodal team and social media team is very responsive. They take complaints very seriously, ngl. Might be possible that it is true, but no one can confirm.

Just ask her get wealth cc issued at any cost, or won't take back complaint.

Moreover if you don't want to get her fired, you can mail to idfc regarding the same if it is true or not. Ask to penalise her, and not to fire🤷

raj007

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hey all,

Bro, don't take the complain back if it is not resolved. There should be someone, who should teach them a lesson. They should think twice before making any false promises.

ZX44

TF Buzz
Idfc nodal team and social media team is very responsive. They take complaints very seriously, ngl. Might be possible that it is true, but no one can confirm.

Just ask her get wealth cc issued at any cost, or won't take back complaint.

Moreover if you don't want to get her fired, you can mail to idfc regarding the same if it is true or not. Ask to penalise her, and not to fire🤷
The call from PNO seemed like an educated person, he was polite and understanding but the same cannot be said about this agent/manager, I feel its an outsourced team? They can barely speak in English.

What's annoying is that while I'm at work, I'm bombarded with phone calls, WhatsApp calls, texts continously from both of them begging me in every sentence.

I'm not sure of the severity of the case now going by how desperate they are getting to contact me.

Also, how can I even request them to penalize her and not fire? I don't think I have a say in any of that matter.

ZX44

TF Buzz
Bro, don't take the complain back if it is not resolved. There should be someone, who should teach them a lesson. They should think twice before making any false promises.
Yes, I see a lot of posts how people are being given wrong cards and the careless attitude of the banks after that. This is one of the compelling reason for me to not withdraw the complaint so far.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Also, how can I even request them to penalize her and not fire? I don't think I have a say in any of that matter.
I know we don't have a say in this matter.
What you can do is, when you again receive a call from pno desk, you can just enquire about this situation, and politely suggest the same.
The call from PNO seemed like an educated person, he was polite and understanding but the same cannot be said about this agent/manager, I feel its an outsourced team? They can barely speak in English.
They are low level employees, they are just to get the work done. Pno desk is highly trained🤷

Quantum

TF Premier

What's annoying is that while I'm at work, I'm bombarded with phone calls, WhatsApp calls, texts continously from both of them begging me in every sentence.

I'm not sure of the severity of the case now going by how desperate they are getting to contact me.

If she and her manager is bothering you with many calls/msgs, then you could just mention that "I will take care of the matter, you make sure that Wealth CC gets provisioned."
Do not mention that you would take the complaint back, just say you will take care of it.

Next time you get the call from the Nodal Desk, you could tell them that she was mentioning that she would lose her job. Ask them if it is true, if they say yes, then tell them to only provide her a strong feedback this time.

Telling the customer that they would lose the job is exaggeration in most of the cases.
A few months back my RM told me that he would lose his job, because I complained about him through social media.
Guess what, he is still with the bank.

Most of the time, it boils down to a strong worded feedback as most of the corporate have the feedback mechanism in place.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Switch off your phone and only communicate with IDFC First bank people through emails. For everything you should have a proof.
These people are such creeps, you never know when you will get conned.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
They are not going to lose their jobs over this. If that truly have been the case, then this kind of blatant scam by these agents won't be a common thing. They would be reprimanded, might be fined even but mostly they would be fine. Don't withdraw your complaint, unless it is approved that you are getting wealth card. Don't accept any false promises by these guys. Next time they call, inform that you are recording all the calls and emails and would be forwarding them to pno too, citing harassment. Even if the calls are on whatsapp wgrh, just tell them you are recording.