• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC fraud application for Wealth by agent

ZX44

TF Buzz
Hey all,

I received a random call from an IDFC agent on the weekend informing me she can get me IDFC Wealth card. I asked her like 10 times if she was sure about Wealth, she said yes and also showed her ID card from IDFC bank. I clearly told her, if its showing eligbility for any card other than Wealth, I'm not interested. However, she was very sure and then took my details over call/WhatsApp and shared screenshot of showing Wealth card eligibility (the top right, yellow banner above the card was clipped). She said I'm eligible for the Wealth card without income documents required and completed the application. I got a vKyc link which I completed later that day. I still felt something was fishy and asked the vKyc agent and also called customer care to check which variant was showing in my application and both said they cannot see it, however one customer care agent blurted "Select" at one point and then backtracked saying its not clear, we dont know till its processed etc...

Next day, I received an email stating application is approved and Select card is being issued. I was quite furious and immediately contacted the agent and then she still kept denying any wrongdoing and kept insisting I should wait till the card is received...

Having had enough of her BS at this point, I sent a very strongly worded email to multiple IDs (PNO/RNO/Nodal Desk) and they called me this morning apologizing for the incident and requested some time for investigation and said they will get back in 5 days. Meanwhile, I have been getting calls from that agent and her manager stating they will get the issue resolved in 5 days (he is not even clear about getting Wealth card issued); they are literally begging and pleading me to withdraw the complaint else they both will lose their job and that they will get penalized, etc... And what's worse they are sending me draft emails, asking me to forward that to PNO stating I am withdrawing the complaint and the issue is resolved (when it hasn't).

Now, obviously I dont want any person to lose their job for this but I would like to know if it can actually happen or are they just messing around again?

Quantum

TF Premier
During application it showed 4L pre-approved but what was finally approved was only 1.5L.
Did she just show you a fake screengrab of a random pre-approved application of Wealth CC?

Mention and highlight this point too in the email to PNO/RNO.
This is clearly cheating the customer by showing something which is not true, and it is a false promise.
And that's why sometime you don't want to show any mercy in the complaint.

They could have said that "we cannot guarantee you a Wealth CC, but we will try our best" - which is another way of making fool out of a customer, but what she did was absolutely unethical.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
first thing for any cc whether it super duper premium cc with luxurious benefit. never share your personal detail on WhatsApp only through the official email address of the bank.. The second thing an agent would promise you earth and moon cause they need to sell.. no agent can get you XYZ cc cause only RM & BM can with contact or NRV of you with them. and limit you received of 1,50,000 makes sense cause even i had select with 2 lakhs a year ago.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
I never share any details but since she shared her ID proof on request and it clearly showed she's employee of IDFC bank, her phone number was also showing up as IDFC, so I went ahead.
Those are easily faked. They expect some of us to ask this and have these things ready. Same for the wealth card eligibility. They know some would ask for screenshot and have those ready too.

ZX44

TF Buzz
Despite informing Nodal officer on call not to send Select card, they have still sent the card yesterday and BlueDart wanted to deliver it now and I refused the card delivery.

Did she just show you a fake screengrab of a random pre-approved application of Wealth CC?

Mention and highlight this point too in the email to PNO/RNO.
This is clearly cheating the customer by showing something which is not true, and it is a false promise.
And that's why sometime you don't want to show any mercy in the complaint.

They could have said that "we cannot guarantee you a Wealth CC, but we will try our best" - which is another way of making fool out of a customer, but what she did was absolutely unethical.
Possibly fake because that photo was low resolution and unclear. I have clearly stated that it was a fabricated screenshot with the intent to deceive.

Over 30-40 calls from last night and over 100+ messages from both pleading and requesting to withdraw complaint. I have stopped responding to them.

Despite informing Nodal officer on call not to send Select card, they have still sent the card yesterday and BlueDart wanted to deliver it now and I refused the card delivery.

Possibly fake because that photo was low resolution and unclear. I have clearly stated that it was a fabricated screenshot with the intent to deceive.

Over 30-40 calls from last night and over 100+ messages from both pleading and requesting to withdraw complaint. I have stopped responding to them.
Its time to bring RBI in the picture now. Whats the deadline nodal team gave you?

shashankrt

TF Premier

Stick to you complaint. Seems these ppl are habitual offenders else just 1 complaint will not cause so much worry for them. Yours may be the complaint causing "last strike" in which case they should get penalized with whatever the bank seems fit. Also mis selling is not only unethical, its even illegal especially in your case where its cheating.

Ignore these ppl.. these are all fake crocodile tears. Moment you withdraw complaint, they will be back to scamming other customers. Also stick to your demand of card change to wealth. Even after declining the card, it will still show in your name (though un activated) and can cause future upgrade issues.

ZX44

TF Buzz
Now, I got a call from someone from IDFC CC department, he was asking about the incident. He is saying as per eligibility criteria, I am still eligble for Select card, although I refused to accept that.

He said there are 3 parameters they check and issue IDFC cards:
1) Bureau basis (CIBIL)
2) NRV basis (existing account holders)
3) C2C basis

He said for Wealth C2C, they need min 7.5-8L statement of other credit card. I immediately interrupted and said that's a completely false statement and said that many have gotten Wealth card with even 5L CL using C2C. He says please share any friend's last 4 digits of the card who have got Wealth card with 5L C2C basis, to verify the same.

He is also asking me to use Select card for 3 months and then he will personally "try" to enhance limit/upgrade but he cannot assure it. He is even willing to give it in writing for the same. I told him there are many already suffering without upgrade with Select cards and no way I'm going to get into this vicious circle.

Although I rejected all and said I will escalate unless I get Wealth but to see what email he will send, I said I will re-consider my decision based on what he gives on writing, he said he will check with his team and get back.

Also, by the way he spoke, there will be another team investigating the issue w.r.t those agents and took down their details.

Its time to bring RBI in the picture now. Whats the deadline nodal team gave you?
They said 5 working days, so there's time till this weekend.

Quantum

TF Premier
Now, I got a call from someone from IDFC CC department, he was asking about the incident. He is saying as per eligibility criteria, I am still eligble for Select card, although I refused to accept that.

He said there are 3 parameters they check and issue IDFC cards:
1) Bureau basis (CIBIL)
2) NRV basis (existing account holders)
3) C2C basis

He said for Wealth C2C, they need min 7.5-8L statement of other credit card. I immediately interrupted and said that's a completely false statement and said that many have gotten Wealth card with even 5L CL using C2C. He says please share any friend's last 4 digits of the card who have got Wealth card with 5L C2C basis, to verify the same.

He is also asking me to use Select card for 3 months and then he will personally "try" to enhance limit/upgrade but he cannot assure it. He is even willing to give it in writing for the same. I told him there are many already suffering without upgrade with Select cards and no way I'm going to get into this vicious circle.

Although I rejected all and said I will escalate unless I get Wealth but to see what email he will send, I said I will re-consider my decision based on what he gives on writing, he said he will check with his team and get back.

Also, by the way he spoke, there will be another team investigating the issue w.r.t those agents and took down their details.

They said 5 working days, so there's time till this weekend.
We can wait for RBI for now.
Let's see how this develops.

One should try to get the desired result from the bank only. Once we go to RBI, it boils down to legal facts, and there are many loopholes/escape routes for the regulated entity in that regard.

Oh this is a VERY common practice now, I dealt with the same issue using INDUSIND and then emailed everyone in the correct order of the grievance redressal matrix and finally the MD himself and got my original card approved. I sent screenshots and call recordings etc to clearly show how the agent lied

If it helps, I have documented the journey with timelines here -

Reason I still use my "Chinese" phone - 100% auto call recording.
The person committed a fraud. Any fraud is criminal. Criminals need to be punished. So don't get softhearted and stick to your complaint. These criminals are continuing with such frauds as people rarely complain or even after making complaint they become softhearted and withdraw.
Once a few of them gets sacked, others will become civilised.

ZX44

TF Buzz
Reason I still use my "Chinese" phone - 100% auto call recording.
The person committed a fraud. Any fraud is criminal. Criminals need to be punished. So don't get softhearted and stick to your complaint. These criminals are continuing with such frauds as people rarely complain or even after making complaint they become softhearted and withdraw.
Once a few of them gets sacked, others will become civilised.
They have been making calls and sending Whatsapp messages at odd hours in the night from multiple random numbers. They are apologising for it and stating that they will lose their jobs and there are new students who will also ruin their career because of this complaint as bank has levied penalty already.

I felt bad and was contemplating withdrawing the complaint, as I don't think its worth the hassle, especially when I have better cards with me already.

However, these guys have gone one step ahead and are stalking my Instagram/FB profile based on the data I have provided and telling me things based on my profile and requesting to withdraw my complaint! They are reaching new heights and misusing my data already!

I gave them a final chance to send an apology letter accepting their fault and stating they will not repeat this with any future customers going forward but their agency head refuses to give the letter.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
They have been making calls and sending Whatsapp messages at odd hours in the night from multiple random numbers. They are apologising for it and stating that they will lose their jobs and there are new students who will also ruin their career because of this complaint as bank has levied penalty already.

I felt bad and was contemplating withdrawing the complaint, as I don't think its worth the hassle, especially when I have better cards with me already.

However, these guys have gone one step ahead and are stalking my Instagram/FB profile based on the data I have provided and telling me things based on my profile and requesting to withdraw my complaint! They are reaching new heights and misusing my data already!

I gave them a final chance to send an apology letter accepting their fault and stating they will not repeat this with any future customers going forward but their agency head refuses to give the letter.
Don't tolerate this bs. Clearly state them that every instance of their communication is being recorded and would be handed over to idfc. If they call outside of office hours, then you will register a case of stalking nd fraud against them.

The letter is a big risk for them, they would never agree to it. Right now, it is he said-she said situation, if they agree that they committed fraud in writing, it would ruin the relationship b/w idfc and agency for good.

varun__goel_

TF Legend

These goons don't deserve an apology. Do not take back complaint. Now let them loose their job. It's really pathetic.

Yesterday, my father received a call from an agent. And was literally offering citi bank card🤣🤣. She said you're approved and please send docs on whatsapp for further processing. Father refused to do so, and said that he will provide it in person only, and after little bit tutu mein mein, the girl started abusing. Later someone from the back also started giving maa behen ki gaali. My father cut the call. A minute later again received the call and and again abusing. The call was on auto-record. When father told that he is being recorded. He cut the call immediately. The sad part is that it was a personal no, so can't even raise this complaint to any bank or rbi even after having recordings. Though can be complained to police, but not worth the hassle.