• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC fraud application for Wealth by agent

ZX44

TF Buzz
Hey all,

I received a random call from an IDFC agent on the weekend informing me she can get me IDFC Wealth card. I asked her like 10 times if she was sure about Wealth, she said yes and also showed her ID card from IDFC bank. I clearly told her, if its showing eligbility for any card other than Wealth, I'm not interested. However, she was very sure and then took my details over call/WhatsApp and shared screenshot of showing Wealth card eligibility (the top right, yellow banner above the card was clipped). She said I'm eligible for the Wealth card without income documents required and completed the application. I got a vKyc link which I completed later that day. I still felt something was fishy and asked the vKyc agent and also called customer care to check which variant was showing in my application and both said they cannot see it, however one customer care agent blurted "Select" at one point and then backtracked saying its not clear, we dont know till its processed etc...

Next day, I received an email stating application is approved and Select card is being issued. I was quite furious and immediately contacted the agent and then she still kept denying any wrongdoing and kept insisting I should wait till the card is received...

Having had enough of her BS at this point, I sent a very strongly worded email to multiple IDs (PNO/RNO/Nodal Desk) and they called me this morning apologizing for the incident and requested some time for investigation and said they will get back in 5 days. Meanwhile, I have been getting calls from that agent and her manager stating they will get the issue resolved in 5 days (he is not even clear about getting Wealth card issued); they are literally begging and pleading me to withdraw the complaint else they both will lose their job and that they will get penalized, etc... And what's worse they are sending me draft emails, asking me to forward that to PNO stating I am withdrawing the complaint and the issue is resolved (when it hasn't).

Now, obviously I dont want any person to lose their job for this but I would like to know if it can actually happen or are they just messing around again?

Pankhuri

TF Ace
It was a personal no, and true caller stated axis bank credit card. Should I raise?
Yes. As long as they identified themselves belonging to a bank you are golden. Also even if they not associated with bank, there is no real harm in complaining. You are helping bank find someone who is ruining their reputation, but considering that its axis they might take it as a challenge and devalue cards more to win.

techt

TF Legend
They have been making calls and sending Whatsapp messages at odd hours in the night from multiple random numbers. They are apologising for it and stating that they will lose their jobs and there are new students who will also ruin their career because of this complaint as bank has levied penalty already.

I felt bad and was contemplating withdrawing the complaint, as I don't think its worth the hassle, especially when I have better cards with me already.

However, these guys have gone one step ahead and are stalking my Instagram/FB profile based on the data I have provided and telling me things based on my profile and requesting to withdraw my complaint! They are reaching new heights and misusing my data already!

I gave them a final chance to send an apology letter accepting their fault and stating they will not repeat this with any future customers going forward but their agency head refuses to give the letter.
How many offenses will they commit ?
First mis selling.
Now
  1. emotional blackmail
  2. cyber stalking

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Yes. As long as they identified themselves belonging to a bank you are golden. Also even if they not associated with bank, there is no real harm in complaining. You are helping bank find someone who is ruining their reputation, but considering that its axis they might take it as a challenge and devalue cards more to win.
Okay will try👍

They have been making calls and sending Whatsapp messages at odd hours in the night from multiple random numbers. They are apologising for it and stating that they will lose their jobs and there are new students who will also ruin their career because of this complaint as bank has levied penalty already.

I felt bad and was contemplating withdrawing the complaint, as I don't think its worth the hassle, especially when I have better cards with me already.

However, these guys have gone one step ahead and are stalking my Instagram/FB profile based on the data I have provided and telling me things based on my profile and requesting to withdraw my complaint! They are reaching new heights and misusing my data already!

I gave them a final chance to send an apology letter accepting their fault and stating they will not repeat this with any future customers going forward but their agency head refuses to give the letter.
Send a mail to bank informing your intention to lodge an FIR against them for cyber stalking and you will make the bank a co-conspirator.

ZX44

TF Buzz
Received a call from their Nodal officer today and they apologized for the whole incident on call and on email. They mentioned about the severity of the incident and also stated that strict disciplinary action has been initiated as per banking norms with the concerned branch and the branch manager.

The returned Select card has now been upgraded to Wealth card and will be dispatched in a few days! ✌️✌️

Thanks all for the advice! :)

Last edited:

CardGame

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Received a call from their Nodal officer today and they apologized for the whole incident on call and on email. They mentioned about the severity of the incident and also stated that strict disciplinary action has been initiated as per banking norms with the concerned branch and the branch manager.

The returned Select card has now been upgraded to Wealth card and will be dispatched in a few days! ✌️✌️

Congratulations 🎉

May I know the email IDs you sent the email initially?

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Congratulations buddy 🎊