• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation IDFC Wealth Devaluation

Shash

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kindly note, some of the features and terms of your FIRST Wealth Credit Card will undergo changes with effect from 1st May 2024: Important update regarding your lifetime free FIRST Wealth Credit Card A lifetime free Credit Card loaded with benefits! Grab offers and discounts on your favourite brands every day of the week! EMIfy transactions and balances at low interest rates Enjoy Reward Points that are as good as cash, redeemable anywhere online Easily repay other bank’s outstanding dues and convert them to EMIs Always You First, IDFC FIRST Bank 1800 10 888 Click here to view updated MITC 1. Reward Points • Unlock 10X Reward Points fasterin a statement cycle on both online & offline spends above Rs. 20,000 • Reward points on online spends up to Rs. 20,000 in a statement cycle will be revised to 3X • Reward points on Education, Wallet load and Government services^ transactions will be revised to 3X. These transactions will no longer be part of 10X threshold calculation • 3X = 3 Reward Points per Rs. 150 spent 2. Buy one Get one movie offer • Will be revised up to Rs. 250 off twice per month 3. Complimentary visits to Airport Spas and Lounge • Total number of visits will continue to be 4 per quarter • Domestic airport lounges & spas visits will be capped to 2 per quarter • International airport lounges visits will be capped to 2 per quarter • Spend minimum Rs. 20,000 in a calendar month to activate lounge & spa benefits for next calendar month 4. Rent and Property Management Fee^ • 1% of transaction value will remain the same • It will be subject to a minimum of Rs. 249 per transaction 5. Fair usage on Utility Spends^ • 1X Reward Points on Utility spends will remain the same • 1% of transaction value will be levied as Utility fee on commercial usage • Commercial usage is defined as aggregate Utility spends > Rs.20,000 in a billing cycle o Illustration 1: Utility spends of Rs. 10,000 in a statement cycle will not attract a fee as it is below the threshold o Illustration 2: Utility spends of Rs. 30,000 in a statement cycle will attract a fee of Rs. 300 (1% fee) + taxes*

techt

TF Legend
Even swiggy instamart offer is now devalued. Now it's 100 off on 799 instead of 699.
Excited Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Controversially, Idfc Wealth debit card has a good reward rate now compared to its credit card counterpart. 0.67% on online spends for the first 50k, and 2.5% on spends above 50k. There's a death of cashback or points to Amazon cards for normal non-targeted spends.

I was using Flipkart Axis for normal spends at 1.5% and was eying for Axis Ace to upgrade to 2%. Both of them are now devalued. Just when I thought, IDFC could now be my go to with 1.5% online spends, it's getting kicked to the ground to 0.5% for normal spends.

Is there a good card for normal spends anymore?

Now you gave them a very good valid point to devalue their Wealth Debit Card… !!!!
Very good… ;)
I never thought I'd say this: "Wealth debit card is now more valuable to me than Wealth credit card". I saw Wealth account as a means to Wealth credit card, but alas I've been pleasantly surprised. Not sure for how long though.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV

abhiver

TF Premier
It is surprising that no one is trying to compete against HDFC in Credit Card field.

All these devaluation has actually made HDFC regalia gold a good credit card now.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
On a lighter note for lounge spends calculation, if i spend 20,000/- per month that gives me 400 reward points (3x RP per 150/-) and on conversion that gives Rs. 100/- only (1 RP = 0.25 p). Then why should i spend 20k for lounge access instead of paying Rs. 899 + tax at lounge directly?
you will not spend only for lounge.. if u spend u will get lounge.. no metro lounge is 899, its more expensive

gowmara

TF Buzz
Hi
For lounge we need to spend 20k in previous month. Consider if I activate new rupay card for my wealth card, if I spend 20k in wealth upi card will that be considered as eligibility for lounge access using my wealth Visa card?

gowmara

TF Buzz
Which card you are talking about here ??
Rupay card or visa infinite wealth card?
I have visa wealth card , I am planning to activate RuPay upi variant at additional charge 199 rupees, my ques if I spent 20k in RuPay card . Will it consider as milestone eligibility for lounge access using my Visa card.

Actually limit is shared between two cards and both are wealth variant

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have visa wealth card , I am planning to activate RuPay upi variant at additional charge 199 rupees, my ques if I spent 20k in RuPay card . Will it consider as milestone eligibility for lounge access using my Visa card.

Actually limit is shared between two cards and both are wealth variant
Those two are different cards even though they share limit.
Short answer: NO

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Customer agent saying both rupay and visa sharing same limit and same statement so I may be eligible.

Customer care saying am eligible
I won’t believe it… but hey …anything is possible in the finance world… there were some rare circumstances where I was wrong before…
Please do let us know if and when you tried this..