• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Bank Credit Cards Devalued - All IDFC First Credit Cards Are Affected

Rdspam

TF Premier
do they have a mastercard variant for Wealth as well?
I am not sure if it is possible or right idea to downgrade my card, and also I have more than 40k points accumulated, which I do not want to redeem right now
No, MC is given only for select. Upgrade or downgrade should not be a problem if they don’t change your limit. Having the same limit means you should technically be able to upgrade again in the future with ease. Points should carry over too imo.

zoro

TF Select
No, MC is given only for select. Upgrade or downgrade should not be a problem if they don’t change your limit. Having the same limit means you should technically be able to upgrade again in the future with ease. Points should carry over too imo.
I will discuss this with RM or customer care, since I haven't bought any other products from them they have not been active in giving me response or resolution in the past

ksantu37

TF Buzz
I have a query. As the new rules comes into effect from May 1st.
W.r.to Lounge access, are we expected to spend 20k in April for availing lounge access in May month or 20k spend limit is expected from May?

<Update> As per CC, 20K spends are required in april for availing lounge access in May

Last edited:

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is it time to close the card? I bought select card only for booking movie tickets and now they have split the offer as 125 per ticket 2 times a month

bigbyte

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is it time to close the card? I bought select card only for booking movie tickets and now they have split the offer as 125 per ticket 2 times a month
This card is as good as dead. You can keep this card for occaisional IDFC specific discount offers.

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This card is as good as dead. You can keep this card for occaisional IDFC specific discount offers.
Hmm I forgot about balance transfer we can use it for that as well if we want to rotate money instead of loans for 1 or 2 months

shashankrt

TF Premier
Le Me who opened IDFC account and deposited 10L to get wealth credit card 🤦🤷‍♂️ I am a regular air traveller and was really looking for a credit card with unlimited international lounge access like IDFC Wealth. 😭
Take It Credit Card GIF by Pudgy Penguins
Why? If you had 10L spare to deposit as cash Axis Burgundy / HDFC Imperia (with negotiation for Infinia was a much better option)
In fact you can still move your funds to either of above and get cards which are 100 times better than IDFC wealth.

drsel

TF Legend
IDFC Wealth Airport Lounge & Spa Access:
Total number of visits will continue to be 4 per quarter
Domestic airport lounges & spas visits will be capped to 2 per quarter
International airport lounges visits will be capped to 2 per quarter.

Spend minimum Rs. 20,000 in a calendar month to activate lounge & spa benefits for next calendar month.

Is this 20000 spend in the previous month required for domestic Lounge access or domestic spa or international lounge access or for any one of them?

Other credit cards have minimum spend requirement only for domestic Lounge access.

International lounge access with Priority pass/Dreamfolks has no spend requirement with all other cards

drsel

TF Legend
IDFC Wealth Airport Lounge & Spa Access:
Total number of visits will continue to be 4 per quarter
Domestic airport lounges & spas visits will be capped to 2 per quarter
International airport lounges visits will be capped to 2 per quarter.

Spend minimum Rs. 20,000 in a calendar month to activate lounge & spa benefits for next calendar month.

Is this 20000 spend in the previous month required for domestic Lounge access or domestic spa or international lounge access or for any one of them?

Other credit cards have minimum spend requirement only for domestic Lounge access.

International lounge access with Priority pass/Dreamfolks has no spend requirement with all other cards
I just spoke to customer care.
maximum benefits per quarter is 2 domestic lounge + 2 domestic spa + 2 International Lounge.
Total 6 benefits per quarter.

But even if you want to utilise only one out of the six benefits you have to spend Rs 20000 in the previous month

kshitij_0

TF Ace
Customer care said that you need a minimum of 5 lakh limit on select to get upgraded to weeath, my limit is 4.7 lakhs
Keep pushing them, it's very much possible. Probably they take some special approval. I have got with 2.97L and a lot of people have upgraded to wealth with less than 5L limit.

drsel

TF Legend
Keep pushing them, it's very much possible. Probably they take some special approval. I have got with 2.97L and a lot of people have upgraded to wealth with less than 5L limit.
Customer care said to submit latest income tax returns more than 36 lakh, then they will make a service request to upgrade the card for free with the same limit