• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Success Stories - IDFC Wealth

am322

TF Select
Hi All,

Wanted to share three IDFC Wealth CC success stories

Both applied through IDFC Website (No agent, nothing). Both got Wealth in first attempt.

My Brother (Hyderabad):

- Had IDFC Power+
- Closed a month ago
- Applied for Wealth with a different number a week ago.
- Salary input as more than 3 lakhs (less in actual)
- Card to Card - Used Amex Platinum Travel - Limit 6.8 Lakhs - less than a month old.
- only VKYC, no home or office visit.
- Card generated in 4-5 days.
- Limit 4 Lakhs

My Wife (Bengaluru):

- Had IDFC Power+
- Closed a month ago
- Applied for Wealth with a different number a 2nd Feb.
- Salary input as more than 3 lakhs (less in actual).
- Card to Card - Used ICICI Rubyx - Limit 7 Lakhs - a year old roughly.
- only VKYC, no home or office visit.
- Card generated in 6 days.
- Limit 4 Lakhs

Myself (Bengaluru):

- Holding a Select CC - INR 4.2 Lakhs limit, 1 year old.
- My Salary - 1.4 Lakhs/month
- Best card I hold is Federal Celesta with 5 Lakhs limit.
- Requested for upgrade via various channels with salary slips and C4C/C2C - Twitter, email, PNO. Nothing worked.
- Spent 6 lakhs in last 6 months.
- Frustrated
- Raised a closure request on 11th Feb.
- Retention team (I believe) called and checked for reason. Told the whole story.
- She took request
- Card upgraded. I didn't even get notification. Got to know from Customer service when called for an update.
- Card delivered today

Last edited:

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes verification is there on both residential and office address.
I think this applies for NTB i.e. who didn;t have idfc entry in cibil... as OP's family must have closed cc mentioned in cibil report (which they got via PAN), thus showing old relationship which is why no physical verification was done

are you NTB and did you get physical verification as well ?

kshitij_0

TF Ace
I think this applies for NTB i.e. who didn;t have idfc entry in cibil... as OP's family must have closed cc mentioned in cibil report (which they got via PAN), thus showing old relationship which is why no physical verification was done

Please confirm this bro. I have IDFC Select with 3.27L limit. Was thinking to close and apply for wealth on the basis of Amex MRCC with 6.69L limit, iff there is no verification.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please confirm this bro. I have IDFC Select with 3.27L limit. Was thinking to close and apply for wealth on the basis of Amex MRCC with 6.69L limit, iff there is no verification.
same bro, I don't need verification as currently both locations are in different states xD

was planning to apply via HDFC-6L menthod or via Sapphiro (9L limit), but stopped as soon as saw @Kumar93196 mentioned physical verification for NTB

It's upto idfc they verify your address or not only 10% cc are instantly generated rest 90% requires physical verification.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
It's time to add myself to this list. I placed a closure request for my Select on 7/3. It got closed yesterday morning following which I immediately applied for Wealth. Had inputted a salary in the range of 3-5 lpm. It was approved with a limit of 680k. Thereafter, home verification was performed today and my wealth card application was approved some time back.

Hi folks,

On February 24th, I initiated closure request for my one-year-old IDFC Classic credit card (1L limit). I received call from CC on Feb 25th urging me to reconsider my request, requiring me to submit 3-month payslips/salary credit bank statement to banker@idfcfirstbank.com. Unfortunately, on Feb 28th, the CLI and Wealth upgrade request were denied. Promptly after the rejection, I submitted the closure request for the second time. On February 29th, I received another call from customer care agent, and I requested the closure of my card. She reconfirmed for the last time before processing the closure. Within couple of hours, I received an SMS confirmation of the successful closure of my card.

Thanks to the TF community, I reapplied on the same day using my second mobile number (following confirmation from @varun__goel_). The reapplication was conditionally approved with a 677,000 limit (no income proof/documents were required).
---
C2C - Axis 15L (choose AXIS Ace as Magnus was not available in the dropdown),
Salary Input - 3.1 L,
CIBIL 780
-----
March 2nd Timeline:
  1. Application Verification at 9:15 AM - I received a call from the IDFC representative for verification on my second number. (I couldn't answer as I was outside). Luckily, he called on my main number and confirmed details in the application (like DOB, Address, Phone Number etc). Immediately after reaching home, I called him from my second number, requesting no negative remarks about the application. He assured me that no such issues would occur (I have read in the TF community a few applications have been rejected due to negligence from verification guys).
  2. Credit Review at 4:52 PM - The reviewer called on my second number and asked for office details (my office is in Mumbai, and my home location is Hyderabad) i told it was WFH) & also asked about my Phone numbers (main and second)
  3. Card Generated at 7:17 PM - Upon logging into the IDFC app, I observed the virtual Wealth credit card generated alongside the Rupay card. (Luckily i could see credit card linked to my main number)
Once again, thanks to TF community, I could successfully get the Weatlh credit card.

how did you apply this card ?

Sharing my experience as of today.

Applied through the IDFc official website and filled up the details. I have Apay icici of 8 lakhs limit and mentioned a salary of 1.5 lakhs.
The website gave me two options.
1. Instant Select cc (without income proof) -Limit 240000
2. Wealth CC (With proof) - Limit 450000

I went with the wealth option and submitted 3 months' salary slips and did the eKYC.

So what are the chances of me getting the card and how much time they usually take to review and give the verdict?
It was quite unusual for me to not get any updates on the email for the entire application process.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Sharing my experience as of today.

Applied through the IDFc official website and filled up the details. I have Apay icici of 8 lakhs limit and mentioned a salary of 1.5 lakhs.
The website gave me two options.
1. Instant Select cc (without income proof) -Limit 240000
2. Wealth CC (With proof) - Limit 450000

I went with the wealth option and submitted 3 months' salary slips and did the eKYC.

So what are the chances of me getting the card and how much time they usually take to review and give the verdict?
It was quite unusual for me to not get any updates on the email for the entire application process.
Wealth card eligibility mentions a monthly salary of minimum Rs 300000. All the best.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My experience:

Applied via their website and gave the details of my Magnus card with 10L limit. My salary approx 2L per month and I entered the same in the form. Got wealth card with 6L limit. No income doc verification.
same with my magnus 15 L limit (mentioned Ace in application) , Wealth CCapproved with 6.77 L limit