• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Success Stories - IDFC Wealth

am322

TF Select
Hi All,

Wanted to share three IDFC Wealth CC success stories

Both applied through IDFC Website (No agent, nothing). Both got Wealth in first attempt.

My Brother (Hyderabad):

- Had IDFC Power+
- Closed a month ago
- Applied for Wealth with a different number a week ago.
- Salary input as more than 3 lakhs (less in actual)
- Card to Card - Used Amex Platinum Travel - Limit 6.8 Lakhs - less than a month old.
- only VKYC, no home or office visit.
- Card generated in 4-5 days.
- Limit 4 Lakhs

My Wife (Bengaluru):

- Had IDFC Power+
- Closed a month ago
- Applied for Wealth with a different number a 2nd Feb.
- Salary input as more than 3 lakhs (less in actual).
- Card to Card - Used ICICI Rubyx - Limit 7 Lakhs - a year old roughly.
- Card generated in 6 days.
- Limit 4 Lakhs

Myself (Bengaluru):

- Holding a Select CC - INR 4.2 Lakhs limit, 1 year old.
- My Salary - 1.4 Lakhs/month
- Best card I hold is Federal Celesta with 5 Lakhs limit.
- Requested for upgrade via various channels with salary slips and C4C/C2C - Twitter, email, PNO. Nothing worked.
- Spent 6 lakhs in last 6 months.
- Frustrated
- Raised a closure request on 11th Feb.
- Retention team (I believe) called and checked for reason. Told the whole story.
- She took request
- Card upgraded. I didn't even get notification. Got to know from Customer service when called for an update.
- Card delivered today

Last edited:

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
2022 - Rejected stating internal reasons , APAY limit 6 lakhs
2023 - Rejected stating internal reasons, Amex platinum 4 lakhs limit ; Rejected stating internal reasons APAY limit 6 lakhs
2024 - Approved , infinia C2C got 4 lakhs limit.

In all the above examples quoted income > 3 lakhs
cibil score bro?? infinia limit?

i am having Magnus with 15Llimit ... planning to close my idfc classic card and reapply .. any suggestions plz welcome

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi folks,

On February 24th, I initiated closure request for my one-year-old IDFC Classic credit card (1L limit). I received call from CC on Feb 25th urging me to reconsider my request, requiring me to submit 3-month payslips/salary credit bank statement to banker@idfcfirstbank.com. Unfortunately, on Feb 28th, the CLI and Wealth upgrade request were denied. Promptly after the rejection, I submitted the closure request for the second time. On February 29th, I received another call from customer care agent, and I requested the closure of my card. She reconfirmed for the last time before processing the closure. Within couple of hours, I received an SMS confirmation of the successful closure of my card.

Thanks to the TF community, I reapplied on the same day using my second mobile number (following confirmation from @varun__goel_). The reapplication was conditionally approved with a 677,000 limit (no income proof/documents were required).
---
C2C - Axis 15L (choose AXIS Ace as Magnus was not available in the dropdown),
Salary Input - 3.1 L,
CIBIL 780
-----
March 2nd Timeline:
  1. Application Verification at 9:15 AM - I received a call from the IDFC representative for verification on my second number. (I couldn't answer as I was outside). Luckily, he called on my main number and confirmed details in the application (like DOB, Address, Phone Number etc). Immediately after reaching home, I called him from my second number, requesting no negative remarks about the application. He assured me that no such issues would occur (I have read in the TF community a few applications have been rejected due to negligence from verification guys).
  2. Credit Review at 4:52 PM - The reviewer called on my second number and asked for office details (my office is in Mumbai, and my home location is Hyderabad) i told it was WFH) & also asked about my Phone numbers (main and second)
  3. Card Generated at 7:17 PM - Upon logging into the IDFC app, I observed the virtual Wealth credit card generated alongside the Rupay card. (Luckily i could see credit card linked to my main number)
Once again, thanks to TF community, I could successfully get the Weatlh credit card.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I placed a closure request through IDFC app for my Select Card with 3.27L limit. I immediately got a message that your card is permanently blocked and the closure request will be processed within 7 days.
When will I receive retention offer? What if I choose to not close the card, then will the same card be activated or different card will be issued?
I got call next day where they requested reconsideration of my request. If you're willing, they will ask you to email banker@idfcbank.com, (payslip and salary credit bank statement) for CLI and Wealth upgrade. The same gets activated immediately during the call.

Success rate for CLI/Upgrade are very slim via this route . If fortunate, you might secure Wealth upgrade on the existing limit. Very very few ppl have experienced this (<5L limit)

Last edited:

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
so i have the IDFC Select card with a limit of 1.9 lacs.
should i place a closure request?
i have multiple cards with 5lac+ credit limit (4 from HDFC + 3 from ICICI)
so i can either ask the retention team to upgrade it to wealth or reapply using a card with 5+ lacs limit and a higher salary
please give suggestions.
Chances are very slim via this route for CLI/Upgrade. If u planing to reapply check my story

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
yeah i was gonna cancel and reapply if that would have not worked.
does reapply on the same number work? or i have to use a different number?
as per TF community same number should work if there is no error during application (i didnt try )
Actually I used second number . after card approval when I could logged into mobile app I could see main number linked to card ..

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My experience:

Applied via their website and gave the details of my Magnus card with 10L limit. My salary approx 2L per month and I entered the same in the form. Got wealth card with 6L limit. No income doc verification.
same with my magnus 15 L limit (mentioned Ace in application) , Wealth CCapproved with 6.77 L limit

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Sharing my experience as of today.

Applied through the IDFc official website and filled up the details. I have Apay icici of 8 lakhs limit and mentioned a salary of 1.5 lakhs.
The website gave me two options.
1. Instant Select cc (without income proof) -Limit 240000
2. Wealth CC (With proof) - Limit 450000

I went with the wealth option and submitted 3 months' salary slips and did the eKYC.

So what are the chances of me getting the card and how much time they usually take to review and give the verdict?
It was quite unusual for me to not get any updates on the email for the entire application process.
if u mentioned same salary as ur payslip .. there should be no problem for getting wealth CC .. usually 2-3 days for approval. If u have application num u can track
check my story
https://www.technofino.in/community...pplied-successfully-obtained-wealth-cc.23423/

Reactions: ast

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Applied for card closure on 14.03.2024.
Card closed message received on 18.03.2024 (today)
Applied for new card (Wealth) on basis of ICICI Sapphiro (limit 6 lac) with same mobile number (18.03.2024, today)
Did VKYC today (18.03.2024).
As I applied using the same mobile number as earlier card, create issues?
no issues ... i applied on same day as well ( but used 2nd number)
prev idfc card limit / current approved wealth limit ?

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

Wanted to share three IDFC Wealth CC success stories

Both applied through IDFC Website (No agent, nothing). Both got Wealth in first attempt.

My Brother (Hyderabad):

- Had IDFC Power+
- Closed a month ago
- Applied for Wealth with a different number a week ago.
- Salary input as more than 3 lakhs (less in actual)
- Card to Card - Used Amex Platinum Travel - Limit 6.8 Lakhs - less than a month old.
- Card generated in 4-5 days.
- Limit 4 Lakhs

My Wife (Bengaluru):

- Had IDFC Power+
- Closed a month ago
- Applied for Wealth with a different number a 2nd Feb.
- Salary input as more than 3 lakhs (less in actual).
- Card to Card - Used ICICI Rubyx - Limit 7 Lakhs - a year old roughly.
- Card generated in 6 days.
- Limit 4 Lakhs

Myself (Bengaluru):

- Holding a Select CC, 1 year old.
- My Salary - 1.4 Lakhs/month
- Best card I hold is Federal Celesta with 5 Lakhs limit.
- Requested for upgrade via various channels with salary slips and C4C/C2C - Twitter, email, PNO. Nothing worked.
- Spent 6 lakhs in last 6 months.
- Frustrated
- Raised a closure request on 11th Feb.
- Retention team (I believe) called and checked for reason. Told the whole story.
- She took request
- Card upgraded. I didn't even get notification. Got to know from Customer service when called for an update.
- Card delivered today
why getting phrustrated for wealth card when it hardly offers anything better than select