• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My experience of closing idfc select card and applying for wealth card - A big fail converted to success

RockyBond

TF Premier
So I closed my Idfc select card having 1,80,000 limit as Idfc didn't upgrade it to wealth.

Closed wealth card 2 weeks ago. Today applied on idfc portal two times using a different number.

1. First time
Put real monthly income as 1,40,000 and existing card of amex limit 6,30,000.
Showed I am eligible for select card of limit 3,00,000. Cancelled the application.

2. Second time
After 30 mins again applied on portal. This time put higher monthly income of 8,00,000 and didn't select existing card option. Showed i am eligible for select card again but this time less limit of 2,22,000. Again cancelled the application.

Seems wealth card not in my luck even after having amex with 6.3 lakhs limit.

What am I doing wrong?

Update :-
3. Third time

With lot of thinking I thought of trying again. This time I put monthly income of 4,00,000 and selected existing card of amex limit 6,30,000 . And guess what Idfc showed wealth card with limit of 10,00,000. Just now did video kyc and waiting for approval/rejection

Final update 29th January :-
Application approved without any home or office verification.

From failure to success. What a journey 😂 IMG_20240129_142229.jpg

Last edited:

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So I closed my Idfc select card having 1,80,000 limit as Idfc didn't upgrade it to wealth.

Closed wealth card 2 weeks ago. Today applied on idfc portal two times using a different number.

1. First time
Put real monthly income as 1,40,000 and existing card of amex limit 6,30,000.
Showed I am eligible for select card of limit 3,00,000. Cancelled the application.

2. Second time
After 30 mins again applied on portal. This time put higher monthly income of 8,00,000 and didn't select existing card option. Showed i am eligible for select card again but this time less limit of 2,22,000. Again cancelled the application.

Seems wealth card not in my luck even after having amex with 6.3 lakhs limit.

What am I doing wrong?

Update :-
3. Third time

With lot of thinking I thought of trying again. This time I put monthly income of 4,00,000 and selected existing card of amex limit 6,30,000 . And guess what Idfc showed wealth card with limit of 10,00,000. Just now did video kyc and waiting for approval/rejection

Final update 29th January :-
Application approved without any home or office verification.

From failure to success. What a journey 😂 IMG_20240129_142229.jpg
congratulations on your wealth card bro..
did u use three diff phone numbers for 3 diff attempts??

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I faced a peculiar scenario with IDFC. I hold a select card with IDFC. Then somehow it allowed me to apply for a new card using same number. I wanted to apply for wealth but sadly it showed me Select card but wealth was also shown if I can provide documents. I have shared the bank statement and it doesn't meet the salary criteria for wealth. Today the application is approved and they again have given me select card. Now I'm left with two select cards under same customer id.

RockyBond

TF Premier
I faced a peculiar scenario with IDFC. I hold a select card with IDFC. Then somehow it allowed me to apply for a new card using same number. I wanted to apply for wealth but sadly it showed me Select card but wealth was also shown if I can provide documents. I have shared the bank statement and it doesn't meet the salary criteria for wealth. Today the application is approved and they again have given me select card. Now I'm left with two select cards under same customer id.
How is this possible