• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Close Idfc select card to get Idfc wealth card. Tips?

RockyBond

TF Premier
I am tired of Idfc bank not upgrading my Select Card to wealth. I want to apply on basis of My amex card having limit of 6.3 lakhs.

Please help these queries.

1. After closing Select how many days to wait before applying?
2. Can i apply from same mobile number or need to our different number ?
3. My Amex limit was enhanced just 1 week back and is showing in my cibil as 6.3 lakhs so okay to go ahead?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
yeah i'm one of those. who closed select went with different number approach and worked with application approved instantly no waiting or anything. with 10 lakhs limit vs my friend who application was rejected after physical verification of his home. so it has 75% chances of approval.

1. i applied next day or within few hours i don't remember much
2. different number with no cc releated or connect with cibil of your or anyone.
3. hmm yes it should be enough above 5-10 is needed and from where you're from in india also have some influence on application approval.
Saw many thread where people applied for wealth just 1 day after closing select and got it. What are you saying?

Skalra

TF Buzz
I applied , next day or same day only with different mobile number , c2c basis with limit >5l , but still got select card only ..then i left that application as it is .. employee called asked me why did i left the application... i said need welth card ... then he asked to to put card limit 8l and salary 1l....no documents needed... got the welth card...
Try this

ajitshukla19

TF Premier
I applied , next day or same day only with different mobile number , c2c basis with limit >5l , but still got select card only ..then i left that application as it is .. employee called asked me why did i left the application... i said need welth card ... then he asked to to put card limit 8l and salary 1l....no documents needed... got the welth card...
Try this
When you did this . Dates

TF Premier
I am tired of Idfc bank not upgrading my Select Card to wealth. I want to apply on basis of My amex card having limit of 6.3 lakhs.

Please help these queries.

1. After closing Select how many days to wait before applying?
2. Can i apply from same mobile number or need to our different number ?
3. My Amex limit was enhanced just 1 week back and is showing in my cibil as 6.3 lakhs so okay to go ahead?
I had closed my select card in Nov. Couldn't apply using other number. Now I am able to apply with the same number but still it's showing select only. However the limit has been increased this time. Earlier limit was 1.06L now they are offering 2L. Will check after 2 more months.

TF Premier
This strategy won't work with idfc. They will straight away decline your application. You can forget approval for one year or more.
That's not true. Many people have got wealth immediately after closing the select by using a different number.
In my case I am able to apply with the same nunber after approx. 45-50 days.

RockyBond

TF Premier
I had closed my select card in Nov. Couldn't apply using other number. Now I am able to apply with the same number but still it's showing select only. However the limit has been increased this time. Earlier limit was 1.06L now they are offering 2L. Will check after 2 more months.
Was there any cibil hits when you applied later using same number and different number after closing?

D₹V

TF Prestige
One guy did via upgrade method too on different forum.

You might try this.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
One guy did via upgrade method too on different forum.

You might try this.
The cat is out, DV is Dhruv in other forum :p