• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closed IDFC Classic CC - reapplied - successfully obtained Wealth CC

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi folks,

On February 24th, I initiated closure request for my one-year-old IDFC Classic credit card (1L limit). I received call from CC on Feb 25th urging me to reconsider my request, requiring me to submit 3-month payslips/salary credit bank statement to banker@idfcfirstbank.com. Unfortunately, on Feb 28th, the CLI and Wealth upgrade request were denied. Promptly after the rejection, I submitted the closure request for the second time. On February 29th, I received another call from customer care agent, and I requested the closure of my card. She reconfirmed for the last time before processing the closure. Within couple of hours, I received an SMS confirmation of the successful closure of my card.

Thanks to the TF community, I reapplied on the same day using my second mobile number (following confirmation from @varun__goel_). The reapplication was conditionally approved with a 677,000 limit (no income proof/documents were required).
---
C2C - Axis 15L (choose AXIS Ace as Magnus was not available in the dropdown),
Salary Input - 3.1 L,
CIBIL 780
-----
March 2nd Timeline:
  1. Application Verification at 9:15 AM - I received a call from the IDFC representative for verification on my second number. (I couldn't answer as I was outside). Luckily, he called on my main number and confirmed details in the application (like DOB, Address, Phone Number etc). Immediately after reaching home, I called him from my second number, requesting no negative remarks about the application. He assured me that no such issues would occur (I have read in the TF community a few applications have been rejected due to negligence from verification guys).
  2. Credit Review at 4:52 PM - The reviewer called on my second number and asked for office details (my office is in Mumbai, and my home location is Hyderabad) i told it was WFH) & also asked about my Phone numbers (main and second)
  3. Card Generated at 7:17 PM - Upon logging into the IDFC app, I observed the virtual Wealth credit card generated alongside the Rupay card. (Luckily i could see credit card linked to my main number)

Once again, thanks to TF community, I could successfully get the Weatlh credit card.

1709396058099.png

Attachments

• 1709264608644.png
    1709264608644.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 1709354748296.png
    1709354748296.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For C2C, I used Amex MRCC with 6.7 l limit. But even after inputting higher salary , I was getting Select card only with 3 l limit. So went ahead and submitted application for Select LTF instead of again trying for Wealth. I tried thrice but each time it showed Select. I think it has something to do with your address pin code also and might throw up Wealth on metro pin codes.CIBIL Score is 780+ with 11 years credit history
You could have waited for few weeks and try again.
I got select the same day after cancellation (Amex 6.7L c2c)
But I got wealth with same pincode, salary and amex card later when I tried after 1 month.

AllThatStuff

TF Premier
But I got wealth with same pincode, salary and amex card later when I tried after 1 month.
Oh…I too applied the same day after cancellation & got Select again!!
Now I will try again after 1 month!!!

pranjal1984

TF Select
Now thinking of surrendering Select and reapplying for Wealth. But issue is both my numbers are used up now. One was used in First Power+ card and the other was used while applying for Wealth. Can I reapply using earlier numbers?

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Now thinking of surrendering Select and reapplying for Wealth. But issue is both my numbers are used up now. One was used in First Power+ card and the other was used while applying for Wealth. Can I reapply using earlier numbers?
Some people here were able to use the same numbers. But for me I had to use a different number.

See if older numbers are throwing any errors while applying.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I used my Mom's number when I applied & got select (my number was already used in millennia).
You can use your parents number. They would automatically change it to your number later.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Some people here were able to use the same numbers. But for me I had to use a different number.

See if older numbers are throwing any errors while applying.
If they are showing up error, call to customer care and ask them to delete the application numbers associated with the mobile numbers. They will do it and you can apply again in case of rejected applications or applications on hold, not sure for the closure and re apply.

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
Hi folks,

On February 24th, I initiated closure request for my one-year-old IDFC Classic credit card (1L limit). I received call from CC on Feb 25th urging me to reconsider my request, requiring me to submit 3-month payslips/salary credit bank statement to banker@idfcfirstbank.com. Unfortunately, on Feb 28th, the CLI and Wealth upgrade request were denied. Promptly after the rejection, I submitted the closure request for the second time. On February 29th, I received another call from customer care agent, and I requested the closure of my card. She reconfirmed for the last time before processing the closure. Within couple of hours, I received an SMS confirmation of the successful closure of my card.

Thanks to the TF community, I reapplied on the same day using my second mobile number (following confirmation from @varun__goel_). The reapplication was conditionally approved with a 677,000 limit (no income proof/documents were required).
---
C2C - Axis 15L (choose AXIS Ace as Magnus was not available in the dropdown),
Salary Input - 3.1 L,
CIBIL 780
-----
March 2nd Timeline:
  1. Application Verification at 9:15 AM - I received a call from the IDFC representative for verification on my second number. (I couldn't answer as I was outside). Luckily, he called on my main number and confirmed details in the application (like DOB, Address, Phone Number etc). Immediately after reaching home, I called him from my second number, requesting no negative remarks about the application. He assured me that no such issues would occur (I have read in the TF community a few applications have been rejected due to negligence from verification guys).
  2. Credit Review at 4:52 PM - The reviewer called on my second number and asked for office details (my office is in Mumbai, and my home location is Hyderabad) i told it was WFH) & also asked about my Phone numbers (main and second)
  3. Card Generated at 7:17 PM - Upon logging into the IDFC app, I observed the virtual Wealth credit card generated alongside the Rupay card. (Luckily i could see credit card linked to my main number)

Once again, thanks to TF community, I could successfully get the Weatlh credit card.

1709396058099.png
what happens to the existing reward points after you upgrade from select to wealth?
i actually go the balance transfer offer in feb ig so the points are gonna be credited in may.
after balance transfer i instantly got another spend based offer from them. so i did that aswell.
thats the only reason i am not closing my select card rn.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
what happens to the existing reward points after you upgrade from select to wealth?
i actually go the balance transfer offer in feb ig so the points are gonna be credited in may.
after balance transfer i instantly got another spend based offer from them. so i did that aswell.
thats the only reason i am not closing my select card rn.
I am not sure

I did cancel my current card and applied again