• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closed IDFC Classic CC - reapplied - successfully obtained Wealth CC

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi folks,

On February 24th, I initiated closure request for my one-year-old IDFC Classic credit card (1L limit). I received call from CC on Feb 25th urging me to reconsider my request, requiring me to submit 3-month payslips/salary credit bank statement to banker@idfcfirstbank.com. Unfortunately, on Feb 28th, the CLI and Wealth upgrade request were denied. Promptly after the rejection, I submitted the closure request for the second time. On February 29th, I received another call from customer care agent, and I requested the closure of my card. She reconfirmed for the last time before processing the closure. Within couple of hours, I received an SMS confirmation of the successful closure of my card.

Thanks to the TF community, I reapplied on the same day using my second mobile number (following confirmation from @varun__goel_). The reapplication was conditionally approved with a 677,000 limit (no income proof/documents were required).
---
C2C - Axis 15L (choose AXIS Ace as Magnus was not available in the dropdown),
Salary Input - 3.1 L,
CIBIL 780
-----
March 2nd Timeline:
  1. Application Verification at 9:15 AM - I received a call from the IDFC representative for verification on my second number. (I couldn't answer as I was outside). Luckily, he called on my main number and confirmed details in the application (like DOB, Address, Phone Number etc). Immediately after reaching home, I called him from my second number, requesting no negative remarks about the application. He assured me that no such issues would occur (I have read in the TF community a few applications have been rejected due to negligence from verification guys).
  2. Credit Review at 4:52 PM - The reviewer called on my second number and asked for office details (my office is in Mumbai, and my home location is Hyderabad) i told it was WFH) & also asked about my Phone numbers (main and second)
  3. Card Generated at 7:17 PM - Upon logging into the IDFC app, I observed the virtual Wealth credit card generated alongside the Rupay card. (Luckily i could see credit card linked to my main number)

Once again, thanks to TF community, I could successfully get the Weatlh credit card.

1709396058099.png

Attachments

• 1709264608644.png
    1709264608644.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 1709354748296.png
    1709354748296.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
update: got call from customer care

was told to send 3 months payslips / salary credit bank statement / along with current max credit card limit... for reference to banker@idfcfirstbank.com.
then they will respond within 48 hours. If I am not satisfied with resolution then I can take my own decision

My scenario
classic limit - 1 Lakh , issued in Feb 2023 (spent more than 7 lakhs till date)
current salary - 1.6 Lakh
Magnus cc Limit - 15 Lakh

will it be realistic to except credit limit increase and upgraded to wealth???
Tried a similar way, they only provided a Credit line increase and did not upgrade the card. I finally closed the card and reapplied using C2C, it was approved without income documents and sent to me within two days.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Tried a similar way, they only provided a Credit line increase and did not upgrade the card. I finally closed the card and reapplied using C2C, it was approved without income documents and sent to me within two days.
can u please share bit more to your story?? will be glad if u can share following details?
card variant - limit from -- to / approx sal for LE?
CIBIL enquiry for limit increase??

new application
c2c card variant limit , input salary , Cibil score / card variant approved - along with limit @im_mumbaiker

Last edited:

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Can be applied RN. First try with existing no, if gives error then try another no. Most probably they will automatically pick up your existing no post application
u mean to say if i get error on my current number... use second number to apply / so if card gets approved on my second number the new card application will automatically pick my main (first number)??

if i first use my main number and get error - will there br CIBIL hit ?
then use my second number will there be second cibil hit??

PS: I currently have IDFC saving account active?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
u mean to say if i get error on my current number... use second number to apply / so if card gets approved on my second number the new card application will automatically pick my main (first number)??
90% yes. As a lot of users have reported this
if i first use my main number and get error - will there br CIBIL hit ?
No hit, as it will give error just after first page. Only 1 cibil hit

varun__goel_

TF Legend
update: applied using second number

used 15L - axis , sal 3.1L got approved with ,,, 1709212703586.png

unfortunately to my bad luck aadhaar OTP took long time to generate.. and hor resend ....looks i hit resend OTP more than thrice... I received SMS after long ... after entering otp receives more try

application closed. receives CIBIL Hot as well

guys plz suhhest what should i do now??
Try again tomorrow
Application will continue from the stage where you left