• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone closed IDFC First Credit Card and Reapplied? Outcome?

nirsark

TF Premier
Just wanted to check out if there was any adventurous soul in the group who tried reapplying for IDFC First CC after closing existing idfc cc.

My situation:

I had Niyo IDFC Zero Balance Account with 1L Limit and they offered me IDFC Classic CC with 80k Limit as preapproved offer. I took it (mistake). Now I am stuck since they do not offer upgrades so easily.
Anyways, I applied for fresh IDFC Account after some months and got upgraded to Select acc, planning to upgrade to Wealth acc by next month.

I know getting IDFC Wealth CC is tough in general. So was wondering what if I close my existing classic cc and wait for 2-3 months. Will they again give me preapproved offer based on my Wealth Account? Or can I manually apply?

nirsark

TF Premier
I have Select cc. It's just not compelling enough to get by doing everything you said. Only good thing about Select/Wealth is BOGO tickets in Paytm which many cards started providing now.
Well, I used to think the same. But recently when RBL Bank declined existing rbl cc users to give zomato cc upgrade, I closed my existing rbl cc, and took zomato cc after a month. It did seem very tiresome initially, however, now after receiving zomato cc, it seems this way is 'doable'. So, wanted to know if anyone has done it.... and the outcomes... Anyways eventually I am also gonna do this and update if I do not get any other options.

sahil624

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got their lowest variant of credit card and after receiving it, I told them to close the card. Till now I am unable to apply for a new one despite having a savings account.

nirsark

TF Premier
I believe if you have good spending on your existing IDFC CC, you should get regular upgrades
Even to Wealth variant

Do you have Kotak CC?
So far IDFC not upgrading cc for 99% of people (unless someone is a HNI), almost same case like Zomato Edition Black, maybe a little bit easier. So, need to think of other ways.

nirsark

TF Premier
I got their lowest variant of credit card and after receiving it, I told them to close the card. Till now I am unable to apply for a new one despite having a savings account.
Hey @sahil624 when did you close the card? IDFC has a cooldown period of 6+ months. Try applying after 6 months with a good account balance.

likecreditcard

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I got a select card upgrade to a wealth card 2 weeks before. I request them in the Twitter chat window 3 times. In 1st request, they took the salary slip but did not upgrade. In the 2nd request they took for upgrade and limit enhancement request with salary slip but again they declined the upgrade but increased the credit limit from 3 to 3.6. In 3rd request, they upgrade. Note 1st request in 2022 Jan, the 2nd and 3rd request in 2022 Jun.

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I got a select card upgrade to a wealth card 2 weeks before. I request them in the Twitter chat window 3 times. In 1st request, they took the salary slip but did not upgrade. In the 2nd request they took for upgrade and limit enhancement request with salary slip but again they declined the upgrade but increased the credit limit from 3 to 3.6. In 3rd request, they upgrade. Note 1st request in 2022 Jan, the 2nd and 3rd request in 2022 Jun.
Can you share the Twitter handle?