• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone closed IDFC First Credit Card and Reapplied? Outcome?

nirsark

TF Premier
Just wanted to check out if there was any adventurous soul in the group who tried reapplying for IDFC First CC after closing existing idfc cc.

My situation:

I had Niyo IDFC Zero Balance Account with 1L Limit and they offered me IDFC Classic CC with 80k Limit as preapproved offer. I took it (mistake). Now I am stuck since they do not offer upgrades so easily.
Anyways, I applied for fresh IDFC Account after some months and got upgraded to Select acc, planning to upgrade to Wealth acc by next month.

I know getting IDFC Wealth CC is tough in general. So was wondering what if I close my existing classic cc and wait for 2-3 months. Will they again give me preapproved offer based on my Wealth Account? Or can I manually apply?

likecreditcard

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I mean anything else I could keep in mind
Like you mentioned that they will deny but I should request so
Anything else that I should do to get from Millennia to Wealth?
Again it's a private question but they are looking for income of 36 Lakhs or an existing credit limit of 5L on an IDFC Credit card. But some how I got upgraded though my credit limit on select was 3.6L.