• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
I have DCB, Axis Select and Axis Privilege (all LTF) and with limits above 5lakhs. But, the best IDFC First can offer me is their secured wow card for some bizarre reason. I opened an account with them a month ago and for some reason they opened salary account instead of savings. My salary gets credited in HDFC so I don’t know why IDFC did this and am not sure what will happen with this account in the future but I still have been unable to get an unsecured credit card from IDFC First.

Will maintaining 2 lakhs in this account make any changes or is just a waiting game? I have recently applied a month ago so I don’t think I will be able to reapply for the next 6 months, right?

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have DCB, Axis Select and Axis Privilege (all LTF) and with limits above 5lakhs. But, the best IDFC First can offer me is their secured wow card for some bizarre reason. I opened an account with them a month ago and for some reason they opened salary account instead of savings. My salary gets credited in HDFC so I don’t know why IDFC did this and am not sure what will happen with this account in the future but I still have been unable to get an unsecured credit card from IDFC First.

Will maintaining 2 lakhs in this account make any changes or is just a waiting game? I have recently applied a month ago so I don’t think I will be able to reapply for the next 6 months, right?
r u applying via the C2C method? If so, did you use the card with the highest limit?

Serviceable location also matters in IDFC.
Unlike other banks, IDFC doesn't have a cooling period. I was able to close the classic card and applied again on the same day (wealth approved). Check my post.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge

There is no devaluation here. So please don't mark it with devaluation tag. Suddenly everyone will be shocked to see that. Edited to normal.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
r u applying via the C2C method? If so, did you use the card with the highest limit?

Unlike other banks, IDFC doesn't have a cooling period. I was able to close the classic card and applied again on the same day (wealth approved). Check my post.
Once core card approved you can apply co branded card on the same day.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

wow from classis to wealth, nicely done.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Pincode must be the problem ..

Else c2c it should show u select/. Wealth

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge

I have seen this, that was good jump.

I checked and my location is definitely serviceable. my mother has a card from them too.

How does one apply c2c?

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I checked and my location is definitely serviceable. my mother has a card from them too.

How does one apply c2c?
Even from rural or Tier - 3 branches of IDFC one can pre approved card, but for application and approval for Select and Wealth via c2c your pincode should be eligible for physical verification.

In my case I had to change pincode to get it approved even though branch is located in my location.

Tier-1,2 Metro pincodes work fine. In your mother case was that pre approved or applied online??

Even from rural or Tier - 3 branches of IDFC one can pre approved card, but for application and approval for Select and Wealth via c2c your pincode should be eligible for physical verification.

In my case I had to change pincode to get it approved even though branch is located in my location.

Tier-1,2 Metro pincodes work fine. In your mother case was that pre approved or applied online??
She applied online and I have gone through that list of approved pin-codes posted here and my pin-code is in it.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

How does one apply c2c?
"already have a credit card" - select that toggle and enter the card details
1711548403808.png

enter sal above 3L in application , if ur current number is throwing error ..use second number and apply / u can change later

Tip : prefer the card which has high limit ... if u cant find ur card varaint choose any card vairant in dropdown (I had magnus of 15L - in drop down couldnt find so selected Ace instead.)

Last edited:

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Tip : prefer the card which has high limit ... if u cant find ur card varaint choose any card vairant in dropdown (I had magnus of 15L - in drop down couldnt find so selected Ace instead.)
Yes variant doesn't matter because in CIBIL it is reported as card with bank name only.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Problem would be that . It must have been the case where old application lead doesn't get deleted ..
Many ppl complained about it

Contact customer care for old application lead deletion

Refer to this for deleting the application lead. @OverdosingOnCopium

anisharya16

TF Select

It's pincode issue.

1711548403808.png

enter sal above 3L in application , if ur current number is throwing error ..use second number and apply / u can change later

I was already entering a salary above 3 as mine is. And I was also inputting my Axis cards there so I guess I was doing c2c already yet still not approved. I will keep in mind the tip about the phone number. Thanks.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I was already entering a salary above 3 as mine is. And I was also inputting my Axis cards there so I guess I was doing c2c already yet still not approved. I will keep in mind the tip about the phone number. Thanks.
if ur sal is above 3L .. input the same ... incase wealth card is approved and asking for doucuments it wouldnt be if problem?