• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding application of IDFC First credit card

iM23

TF Select
Someone called me today and asked if I need an IDFC credit card. I asked her which one was available for me. She couldn't clearly tell me that, just said based on my cibil I would get classic, wealth etc. I was not convinced and didn't show interest. But then I remembered, I tried to apply from my side in January 2024 and only the secured wow card was available for me. But I want a good IDFC card, for now Classic will work as it offers complementary railway lounge access. My cibil is 780+. So, should I wait a little more?

Last edited:
Someone called me today and asked if I need an IDFC credit card. I asked her which one was available for me. She couldn't clearly tell me that, just said based on my cibil I would get classic, wealth etc. I was not convinced and didn't show interest. But then I remembered, I tried to apply from my side in January 2024 and only the secured wow card was available for me. But I want a good IDFC card, for now Classic will work as it offers complementary railway lounge access. My cibil is 780+. So, should I wait a little more?
You can try reapplying now you might get other card except WOW. what's your current residence pincode?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Agents' bro agents they'll call and tell you Sir I'm from IDFC bank. Bank is offering you 5lac limit no documents required, and if you tell them you already have IDFC card, they will be like - Sir AU ka Lelo, ya RBL ka 😂
Pin point. .

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
If you have other unsecure cards then wait and build a strong credit profile. So after that you are eligible by every bank not only IDFC.

Wait for 6 months without a single new enquiry.

Also Pincode matter first, look through this eligibility.

Gaara

TF Ace
I asked her which one was available for me. She couldn't clearly tell me that
These agents or bank employees can't tell you which card you'll get Until they fill your details and check eligibility but to convince you to start the application prosses they'll tell you, you are eligibile for high limit and top variant card.

These agents or bank employees can't tell you which card you'll get Until they fill your details and check eligibility but to convince you to start the application prosses they'll tell you high limit and top variant card.
😂 Same here I always ask them highest existing cc they have and tell them which cc they can get.... Sometimes miracle happens like some with 2 lac existing cc gets 7 lac wealth and sometimes gold charge card user gets FD cc... So no one can't be sure until they apply

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
😂 Same here I always ask them highest existing cc they have and tell them which cc they can get.... Sometimes miracle happens like some with 2 lac existing cc gets 7 lac wealth and sometimes gold charge card user gets FD cc... So no one can't be sure until they apply
In my experience..
It's all about
1 - pincode
2- old application lead stuck ..so u need to clear it out using customer care

iM23

TF Select
If you have other unsecure cards then wait and build a strong credit profile. So after that you are eligible by every bank not only IDFC.

Wait for 6 months without a single new enquiry.

Also Pincode matter first, look through this eligibility.
Just based on the CIBIL score, I don't think I can say that my credit profile is super strong, maybe that is the case for 800+ score. I don't know. But I have credit cards of 4 major banks and credit utilisation is generally 3-4%.

When I tried to apply last time, they didn't show an issue with pincode as far as I can recall.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Does it make a difference in case of IDFC cards whether it is applied through agent or not? Saying because I can't provide any income documents, so if I apply from my side, don't know the income proof is mandatory or not.
What's ur highest limit card & city ?
Based on it u will get idfc cc .no doc required

For indusind - going through agent is best

Does it make a difference in case of IDFC cards whether it is applied through agent or not? Saying because I can't provide any income documents, so if I apply from my side, don't know the income proof is mandatory or not.
It makes a bit different like...
Agent knows what to mention and what not.
And in case of rejection agents are able to tell you the exact reason of rejection or how to cure.

iM23

TF Select
What's ur highest limit card & city ?
Based on it u will get idfc cc .no doc required

For indusind - going through agent is best
1,07,000 is the highest limit and the pincode is 732101. With that limit and credit profile, which card may I get in the C2C method?
You can try reapplying now you might get other card except WOW. what's your current residence pincode?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
1,07,000 is the highest limit and the pincode is 732101.
1.7 lakh right? - millennia /select
Or 10.7 lakh ? - wealth

Idfc online application is C2C ..
There is option to choose existing card
Most they do is home verification .

No idea about pincode if it's metro it's serviceable.
Try online application ..call idfc customer care
Ok 1800 10 888 ..they will help you apply or
Contact @varun__goel_ for affiliate link 🌚

iM23

TF Select
1.7 lakh right? - millennia /select
Or 10.7 lakh ? - wealth

Idfc online application is C2C ..
There is option to choose existing card
Most they do is home verification .

No idea about pincode if it's metro it's serviceable.
Try online application ..call idfc customer care
Ok 1800 10 888 ..they will help you apply or
Contact @varun__goel_ for affiliate link 🌚
Thank you.
No, not 1.7 lakh, it's 1 lakh 7 thousand. With this limit, I can get only classic?

And no, it's not a metro city, a town.

Sorry, no home verification has been done for any of my cards before. So, what do they verify in home verificaton? Do they also verify the business address and business details?