• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closed IDFC Classic CC - reapplied - successfully obtained Wealth CC

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi folks,

On February 24th, I initiated closure request for my one-year-old IDFC Classic credit card (1L limit). I received call from CC on Feb 25th urging me to reconsider my request, requiring me to submit 3-month payslips/salary credit bank statement to banker@idfcfirstbank.com. Unfortunately, on Feb 28th, the CLI and Wealth upgrade request were denied. Promptly after the rejection, I submitted the closure request for the second time. On February 29th, I received another call from customer care agent, and I requested the closure of my card. She reconfirmed for the last time before processing the closure. Within couple of hours, I received an SMS confirmation of the successful closure of my card.

Thanks to the TF community, I reapplied on the same day using my second mobile number (following confirmation from @varun__goel_). The reapplication was conditionally approved with a 677,000 limit (no income proof/documents were required).
---
C2C - Axis 15L (choose AXIS Ace as Magnus was not available in the dropdown),
Salary Input - 3.1 L,
CIBIL 780
-----
March 2nd Timeline:
  1. Application Verification at 9:15 AM - I received a call from the IDFC representative for verification on my second number. (I couldn't answer as I was outside). Luckily, he called on my main number and confirmed details in the application (like DOB, Address, Phone Number etc). Immediately after reaching home, I called him from my second number, requesting no negative remarks about the application. He assured me that no such issues would occur (I have read in the TF community a few applications have been rejected due to negligence from verification guys).
  2. Credit Review at 4:52 PM - The reviewer called on my second number and asked for office details (my office is in Mumbai, and my home location is Hyderabad) i told it was WFH) & also asked about my Phone numbers (main and second)
  3. Card Generated at 7:17 PM - Upon logging into the IDFC app, I observed the virtual Wealth credit card generated alongside the Rupay card. (Luckily i could see credit card linked to my main number)

Once again, thanks to TF community, I could successfully get the Weatlh credit card.

1709396058099.png

Attachments

• 1709264608644.png
    1709264608644.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 1709354748296.png
    1709354748296.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Hi folks,

I have cleared dues of my 1 year old IDFC classic credit card (1 Lakh limit)... and placed closure request.. Just received card closure service number via email which says request will be processed in 7 days..

my question
1. will I get any NOC such as my card closure request has been processed successfully
2. When can I apply again for IDFC card after 6 months or immediately via second mobile num
3. Currently most of my cards have above 5L limit / highest 15L limit Magnus ? current CIBIL 780 - need tips / suggestion for getting Wealth Credit card
4. what salary to input in application? (monthly sal 1.6L)
1. Yes they should provide
2. Instantly after card cancellation using diff number
3. Magnus will work, though mention what all other cards you hold for better recommendation..
4. Min 3L/month

pranjal1984

TF Select
I recently placed closure request for IDFC First Power + card since I was using it very sparingly due to low availability of HP Pumps in my area. They informed that they can't upgrade to Wealth from a fuel cobranded card. So they told me to apply afresh . They could not even make it LTF. So finally closed the Power Plus card and applied for Select LTF which got approved today.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I recently placed closure request for IDFC First Power + card since I was using it very sparingly due to low availability of HP Pumps in my area. They informed that they can't upgrade to Wealth from a fuel cobranded card. So they told me to apply afresh . They could not even make it LTF. So finally closed the Power Plus card and applied for Select LTF which got approved today.
can u please share more details abt ur application??

like card used with limit for c2c ??
cibil score?

salary input in application // select limit approved etc

pranjal1984

TF Select
can u please share more details abt ur application??

like card used with limit for c2c ??
cibil score?

salary input in application // select limit approved etc
For C2C, I used Amex MRCC with 6.7 l limit. But even after inputting higher salary , I was getting Select card only with 3 l limit. So went ahead and submitted application for Select LTF instead of again trying for Wealth. I tried thrice but each time it showed Select. I think it has something to do with your address pin code also and might throw up Wealth on metro pin codes.CIBIL Score is 780+ with 11 years credit history

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
For C2C, I used Amex MRCC with 6.7 l limit. But even after inputting higher salary , I was getting Select card only with 3 l limit. So went ahead and submitted application for Select LTF instead of again trying for Wealth. I tried thrice but each time it showed Select. I think it has something to do with your address pin code also and might throw up Wealth on metro pin codes.CIBIL Score is 780+ with 11 years credit history
3 times = 3 ciil hits???

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
update: got call from customer care

was told to send 3 months payslips / salary credit bank statement / along with current max credit card limit... for reference to banker@idfcfirstbank.com.
then they will respond within 48 hours. If I am not satisfied with resolution then I can take my own decision

My scenario
classic limit - 1 Lakh , issued in Feb 2023 (spent more than 7 lakhs till date)
current salary - 1.6 Lakh
Magnus cc Limit - 15 Lakh

will it be realistic to except credit limit increase and upgraded to wealth???

I am even happy with 2-3 Lakh limit for wealth credit card ..

will banker@idfcfirstbank.com work or should I send to nodaldesk@idfcfirstbank.com as well??

Last edited:

varun__goel_

TF Legend

was told to send 3 months payslips / salary credit abnk statement / current max credit card limit... for reference to banker@idfcfirstbank.com.
then they will respond within 48 hours. If I am not satisfied with resolution then I can take my own decision

My scenario
Magnus cards - 15 Lakh

will banker@idfcfirstbank.com work or should I send to nodaldesk@idfcfirstbank.com as well??
Wealth on 1.6L salary would be difficult. But no harm in trying once.

Mail to banker would suffice.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

was told to send 3 months payslips / salary credit bank statement / along with current max credit card limit... for reference to banker@idfcfirstbank.com.

My scenario
Magnus cards - 15 Lakh

send mail to banker email, they will revert with Credit Limit Increase, generally they give CL of 2x to 3x of your net salary. Raise a closure request once again after CL increase, they might take some approvals and give Wealth card.