• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Close Idfc select card to get Idfc wealth card. Tips?

RockyBond

TF Premier
I am tired of Idfc bank not upgrading my Select Card to wealth. I want to apply on basis of My amex card having limit of 6.3 lakhs.

Please help these queries.

1. After closing Select how many days to wait before applying?
2. Can i apply from same mobile number or need to our different number ?
3. My Amex limit was enhanced just 1 week back and is showing in my cibil as 6.3 lakhs so okay to go ahead?

dopodo

TF Buzz
I am tired of Idfc bank not upgrading my Select Card to wealth. I want to apply on basis of My amex card having limit of 6.3 lakhs.

Please help these queries.

1. After closing Select how many days to wait before applying?
2. Can i apply from same mobile number or need to our different number ?
3. My Amex limit was enhanced just 1 week back and is showing in my cibil as 6.3 lakhs so okay to go ahead?
It worked for me in last month i.e Jan 2024. I tried to upgrade to wealth from select multiple time but didn't work. Once day I decided to try my luck and closed the select card.

After few days I got an SMS that my application for card closure is completed. When I checked the mobile app the card was not present there. Immediately (withing few minutes) I applied using same number but didn't work. I used another number and application proceeded, VKYC done on the same day.

Interestingly, IDFC called on my old number for verification two times. The second time I told them that I didn't apply using this number. The lady on the other end told me that they are calling on the number present in credit bureau and asked me the confirm both are of same person. I confirmed. This caused some doubt in me that they might reject my application. Luckly nothing happened and, on the 7th working day, my card application was approved.

hackymanoj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It worked for me in last month i.e Jan 2024. I tried to upgrade to wealth from select multiple time but didn't work. Once day I decided to try my luck and closed the select card.

After few days I got an SMS that my application for card closure is completed. When I checked the mobile app the card was not present there. Immediately (withing few minutes) I applied using same number but didn't work. I used another number and application proceeded, VKYC done on the same day.

Interestingly, IDFC called on my old number for verification two times. The second time I told them that I didn't apply using this number. The lady on the other end told me that they are calling on the number present in credit bureau and asked me the confirm both are of same person. I confirmed. This caused some doubt in me that they might reject my application. Luckly nothing happened and, on the 7th working day, my card application was approved.
Guys, below is what worked for me. I have 3.49 lakh limit and my account got upgraded to wealth last wednesday and I have asked to upgrade my select card to wealth attaching one month statement of my hsbc credit where I had 5.5 lakh limit and I just checked my card has been upgraded to wealth. The process is smooth.

My request to upgrade to wealth was declined almost 6-7 times, now they upgraded it easily.

I think having a idfc wealth account definitely helps. It's like they don't have an option to decline the upgrade.

muku

TF Neo
I applied , next day or same day only with different mobile number , c2c basis with limit >5l , but still got select card only ..then i left that application as it is .. employee called asked me why did i left the application... i said need welth card ... then he asked to to put card limit 8l and salary 1l....no documents needed... got the welth card...
Try this
So CIBIL won't check that we don't have any card with that limit like 8lac as you said