• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How long it takes to get Kotak Pre-Approved CC offers for new 811 account?

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just a few days ago , I opened Kotak 811 Account . What is the general timeframe for me to start getting LTF Credit Card offers ? I will be using this account for paying my CC Bills for now .
So , Kindly Share your Experiences in this thread and tell us what Pre-approved card did you get as a 811 Customer ? also let me know if there is a process to get LTF White Card Upgrade from another Kotak Credit Card ?

Solution
Just a few days ago , I opened Kotak 811 Account . What is the general timeframe for me to start getting LTF Credit Card offers ? I will be using this account for paying my CC Bills for now .
So , Kindly Share your Experiences in this thread and tell us what Pre-approved card did you get as a 811 Customer ? also let me know if there is a process to get LTF White Card Upgrade from another Kotak Credit Card ?
Minimum six months required to get pre approved card, myself opened account with Kotak on 2019 within six months received preapproved league platinum card offer hence I applied process as usual same physical verification was happened both office and residence card application submit to receipt of card is 15 days, now they...

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Minimum six months required to get pre approved card, myself opened account with Kotak on 2019 within six months received preapproved league platinum card offer hence I applied process as usual same physical verification was happened both office and residence card application submit to receipt of card is 15 days, now they changed lot, some of my friends got card without verification, if you use royal signature LTF you may get white as LTF

Solution

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Minimum six months required to get pre approved card, myself opened account with Kotak on 2019 within six months received preapproved league platinum card offer hence I applied process as usual same physical verification was happened both office and residence card application submit to receipt of card is 15 days, now they changed lot, some of my friends got card without verification, if you use royal signature LTF you may get white as LTF
Thanks for such crisp answer ! I appreciate it .
Also , How was your Transaction history ? Did you spend using Debit card or UPI ?

Reactions: AsB

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Ye
Yes yearly more than 1 lakh transaction... Also did an fd... Took kotak 811 fd card.. Even after that nothing... Now closed the card.... Lets see that if they give now
Sorry to say, this is the reason you are not getting any offer, I'm afraid if you will be offered again since a card account exists already against your name.
I wrote a detailed discussion on this topic somewhere, but don't remember now.

Last edited:

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is the exact same reason I also opened 811.
I'm surprised that how come our agenda is so similar.
You have done exactly what you were supposed to do, now do the transaction regularly in the account, doesn't matter how, may be UPI may be Debit Card.

BUT DON'T EVER TAKE THAT 811 FD CARD, EVEN IF YOU GET THE INVITATION WITHIN NEXT 3 MONTHS OF OPENING THE ACCOUNT. ELSE YOU WILL NOT BE OFFERED ANY MORE CARD FOR SURE AS @Batmanbaba IS SUFFERRING NOW.

So just wait for 6 month & let me once you started getting offers. Kotak rolls out offers on every Quarter.
I'm also in the same que as you are. :)

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This is the exact same reason I also opened 811.
I'm surprised that how come our agenda is so similar.
You have done exactly what you were supposed to do, now do the transaction regularly in the account, doesn't matter how, may be UPI may be Debit Card.

BUT DON'T EVER TAKE THAT 811 FD CARD, EVEN IF YOU GET THE INVITATION WITHIN NEXT 3 MONTHS OF OPENING THE ACCOUNT. ELSE YOU WILL NOT BE OFFERED ANY MORE CARD FOR SURE AS @Batmanbaba IS SUFFERRING NOW.

So just wait for 6 month & let me once you started getting offers. Kotak rolls out offers on every Quarter.
I'm also in the same que as you are. :)
Awesome ! We are in the same band-wagon .
I never take FD cards , I already have 9 Unsecured Credit cards . I am just collecting LTF cards from all the major issuers .
My end goal is Kotak White Card . Do you know that is it possible to get it LTF ?

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Awesome ! We are in the same band-wagon .
I never take FD cards , I already have 9 Unsecured Credit cards . I am just collecting LTF cards from all the major issuers .
My end goal is Kotak White Card . Do you know that is it possible to get it LTF ?
Yes, as I said, you are on the correct path & we are on the exact same boat, I'm also trying to collect Super Premium cards of all banks possible but off course by not spending a single penny. If you get a Royal Signature LTF, there is a very high possibility that you will get White LTF.
At least from many people I have come to know that. Also I guess you are from any of the metro City.
DM me, I will give you some more trick.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
There is no real fixed rule for this, I opened this a/c for my wife, she never used it and I mean not even initial deposit, barely did kyc after me pursuing her for months. She received her first LTF card just couple of weeks ago. Limit is really low though, only 14k.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is no real fixed rule for this, I opened this a/c for my wife, she never used it and I mean not even initial deposit, barely did kyc after me pursuing her for months. She received her first LTF card just couple of weeks ago. Limit is really low though, only 14k.
2 reasons:-

1. Mumbai is more preferable in terms of Credit Cards issuance than Kolkata so if she would have an address in Kolkata probably wouldn't get anything.
2. If she would have done the KYC in time & started transaction, the limit would have been much better with a higher variant card.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
2 reasons:-

1. Mumbai is more preferable in terms of Credit Cards issuance than Kolkata so if she would have an address in Kolkata probably wouldn't get anything.
2. If she would have done the KYC in time & started transaction, the limit would have been much better with a higher variant card.
Indeed, I also think this is the main reason.

Also, please keep in mind that Kotak is one of those banks which offers only one CC per customer, in a very rare case you will see two. So if you are trying to get a CC and this is not your first CC, try for higher variants.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Indeed, I also think this is the main reason.

Also, please keep in mind that Kotak is one of those banks which offers only one CC per customer, in a very rare case you will see two. So if you are trying to get a CC and this is not your first CC, try for higher variants.
Yes for Kotak the minimum Credit Card that anyone should take is Royal Signature & not below than that.
But they do offer upgrades as I come to know.