• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Confusion with My New Credit Card: Was Expecting League Platinum RuPay, Got Kotak 811 Visa Instead!

Raj_

TF Buzz
Last week, I opened a Kotak 811 account. Two days ago, I received a call offering a credit card, and upon inquiry, I was told it's the League Platinum RuPay variant. Wanting a RuPay credit card, I questioned how I could trust that I would receive the desired card. The caller assured me of a follow-up call from the bank to confirm the card variant and its features. Agreeing, I provided the OTP for the application.

However, yesterday, when I received a call, the representative spoke in Hindi. Requesting a transfer to an English-speaking representative proved unsuccessful, leading to my disconnection. Surprisingly, I received an email confirming my credit card application's approval. Upon checking my Kotak bank account, I discovered that a Kotak 811 Visa variant card has been issued. What should be my course of action? Can I simply ignore the delivery of the Visa card?

Tejo

TF Legend
Last week, I opened a Kotak 811 account. Two days ago, I received a call offering a credit card, and upon inquiry, I was told it's the League Platinum RuPay variant. Wanting a RuPay credit card, I questioned how I could trust that I would receive the desired card. The caller assured me of a follow-up call from the bank to confirm the card variant and its features. Agreeing, I provided the OTP for the application.

However, yesterday, when I received a call, the representative spoke in Hindi. Requesting a transfer to an English-speaking representative proved unsuccessful, leading to my disconnection. Surprisingly, I received an email confirming my credit card application's approval. Upon checking my Kotak bank account, I discovered that a Kotak 811 Visa variant card has been issued. What should be my course of action? Can I simply ignore the delivery of the Visa card?
Man take it, mail to nodal about the issue might they will convert the card or else ask for ltf

Kotakmahindrabank.creditcards@kotak.com

vsharad

TF Select

You are getting calls for preapproved Kotak cards, here I am holding Kotak 811ac from 1 year with no offers whatsoever!

Cosmicgaze

TF Select

They usually give the 811 card with the 811 account unless you apply it from their app in pre approved section.
When the caller asks you for approval they send you a link to consent to it and it details the card that you would be getting.
You can always ask the customer care to change you to the Rupay one.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
WOW Great, I will try then ( later ) as I have too many enquiries! Thanks for the tip
You have to be at that pincode in order to chnage your communication address to particular place .
Or u can just use gps emulator..
But give a address where u can get 3_4 card in future as . If u get a card it will forever be inconsistent address remark on cibil ..no effect though

vsharad

TF Select
You have to be at that pincode in order to chnage your communication address to particular place .
Or u can just use gps emulator..
But give a address where u can get 3_4 card in future as . If u get a card it will forever be inconsistent address remark on cibil ..no effect though
my Kotak a/c was also opened at that address which is serviceable, so I think that I don't need to do anything other than apply for a Kotak card or probably get a preapproved card

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
Suggestion for people those who are not getting pre-approved credit card offer from Kotak. I am a Kotak 811 customer since it was launched. I never got any pre-approved offers. And I never used account later it will Dormat for years. However someday I visited their branch and got back my account with some deposit. After few months got DCEMI I took and paid all those on time. After closing the DCEMI I got pre-approved card.😁. So it is suggested to take some loan small amount not big. Assure your bank that you are good customer they will definitely going to offer these cards.

vsharad

TF Select
Suggestion for people those who are not getting pre-approved credit card offer from Kotak. I am a Kotak 811 customer since it was launched. I never got any pre-approved offers. And I never used account later it will Dormat for years. However someday I visited their branch and got back my account with some deposit. After few months got DCEMI I took and paid all those on time. After closing the DCEMI I got pre-approved card.😁. So it is suggested to take some loan small amount not big. Assure your bank that you are good customer they will definitely going to offer these cards.
So is it mandatory to take their "Physical Debit Card" to get Pre-Approved Offers faster?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Dcemi v milega tb na vro

So is it mandatory to take their "Physical Debit Card" to get Pre-Approved Offers faster?
Not necessary.

In my case, I opened a 811. Did not take DC or cheque book. I kept 1 Lakh balance since day 1. And, doing trxns regularly thru UPI. Balance never came below 1L. In 2nd month, I was given pre-approved offers, thru App n phone calls from branch. I refused all of them, till I got ZEN Signature with 6L limit within 2 months. It's LTF.