• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak 811 credit card upgrade request for LTF

Hello today I made request for upgrade my Kotak 811 credit card which I was using for more then a year I made request for LTF card upgrade dint mention them which one I want they said upgrade offer isn’t available I told them to close my card they took my request for cancellation

Update
upgraded my card to mojo visa platinum LTF
one week time process from upgrade request to card delivered

Last edited:

D₹V

TF Prestige
Hello today I made request for upgrade my Kotak 811 credit card which I was using for more then a year I made request for LTF card upgrade dint mention them which one I want they said upgrade offer isn’t available I told them to close my card they took my request for cancellation idk what will happen plz tell me if anyone got upgrade like this for LTF thanks
If card is closed, you can reinstate it.

I mean card will be active again.

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Have the 811 card as well. It’s paid as well. I only see an offer in card overview upgrade card.
It shows pvr platinum no joining fees just annual. Otherwise no upgrade. Or limit enhancement yet. I’m 5 months with the account and card. Have had good amount of transactions and fd created.

What I feel will happen is a retention team will call to ask why you want to close and they may offer you a ltf upgrade of the next level upgrade. Or a paid upgrade to a higher card.

Have you received any limit enhancements yet?

Have the 811 card as well. It’s paid as well. I only see an offer in card overview upgrade card.
It shows pvr platinum no joining fees just annual. Otherwise no upgrade. Or limit enhancement yet. I’m 5 months with the account and card. Have had good amount of transactions and fd created.

What I feel will happen is a retention team will call to ask why you want to close and they may offer you a ltf upgrade of the next level upgrade. Or a paid upgrade to a higher card.

Have you received any limit enhancements yet?
Yes I got LE AFTER 7/8 month from 20k to 59k

anonymuos

TF Ace
I don’t know yet it’s will be visa or RuPay ?
Which one is good ??
Kotak's credit cards are not that good for reward points, the reward rate is poor. But for instant festive discounts they are ok. If your 811 was unsecured Visa they will give you probably Mojo on Visa only. Then later on you can request them to change Mojo to RuPay citing the new RBI guidelines to give choice to customer about card network. RuPay Mojo you can link to UPI to pay merchants and earn a little more rewards.

Kotak's credit cards are not that good for reward points, the reward rate is poor. But for instant festive discounts they are ok. If your 811 was unsecured Visa they will give you probably Mojo on Visa only. Then later on you can request them to change Mojo to RuPay citing the new RBI guidelines to give choice to customer about card network. RuPay Mojo you can link to UPI to pay merchants and earn a little more rewards.
Yes Kotak 811 was visa unsecured btw I have one rupy card icici coral for UPI I’m using that one I just wanted a LTF from Kotak coz previous one was a basic paid card well for now I’m happy with this one :)

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Yes many said Kotak is bad with reward points, but when it comes to limit enhancements they are the best.