• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which expense and investment tracker app do you use?

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Looking for an automated expense tracking app which can collect data from SMS or statements.

Walnut - This is good which reads all transactions from SMS but it is very inconsistent half of the time it incorrectly marks expenses.

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
Looking for an automated expense tracking app which can collect data from SMS or statements.

Walnut - This is good which reads all transactions from SMS but it is very inconsistent half of the time it incorrectly marks expenses.
I manually feed my data and do budgeting in Spendless.

akshayhs

TF Ace
I use Wallet. But it only takes data directly from the bank's APIs and puts it into your account.
Although, it's not automated. But I am fine with it since I know where I am spending.

Edit: INDMoney for investments

Last edited:

SunnyM

TF Premier
I use upstox and groww for my investments in stocks and mf. But I was not using a budget tracker. 'Wallet' app looks good as suggested by Akshay.

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator

The ever increasing inflation keeps me ever motivated. Since my expenses are staggered in different categories so I use this app only to note daily and monthly essential expenses. Rest all the yearly and non-essential expenses go in my excel.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
I use Wallet. But it only takes data directly from the bank's APIs and puts it into your account.
Although, it's not automated. But I am fine with it since I know where I am spending.

Edit: INDMoney for investments
I too have been using wallet for over a year now. I haven't paid for the premium or linked any bank account. You have to add manually. I add salary as income and it has a balance sheet.
Looks interesting. Premium subscription is required to link banks, how is their support for Indian banks? Are they able to categorize the spends?
Good question, I haven't tried it though in that way.

akshayhs

TF Ace
Looks interesting. Premium subscription is required to link banks, how is their support for Indian banks? Are they able to categorize the spends?
Yeah. They have numerous categories and you can even rename them to your own preferences.

I have had no issues with syncing my accounts in HDFC, Kotak and SBI.