• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please suggest good app to track expenses

I use Account book app for tracking all my expenses, income, Assets and Liabilities. Available in both web and android app version. The advantage of this is that you can record transactions quickly. I maintain all my credit card and bank accounts in this app and do a reconciliation every week end to see if i missed to add any transactions. Its like you maintain proper accounts for your personal understanding.

I use Account book app for tracking all my expenses, income, Assets and Liabilities. Available in both web and android app version. The advantage of this is that you can record transactions quickly. I maintain all my credit card and bank accounts in this app and do a reconciliation every week end to see if i missed to add any transactions. Its like you maintain proper accounts for your personal understanding.
Link?

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I use money manager and it is great app.. try it once.. I have been using this app for 2+ years now...

Start with Money Manager!

1. Money Manager Download

2. Register Referee’s Code
You can easily register your Referee’s code by opening the link below after installing the Money Manager app.
https://realbyteapps.net/promotion/share.html?code=31344490F0

Referee’s Code: 31344490F0

This event is for Android application users only.
Thank you

I use money manager and it is great app.. try it once.. I have been using this app for 2+ years now...

Start with Money Manager!

1. Money Manager Download

2. Register Referee’s Code
You can easily register your Referee’s code by opening the link below after installing the Money Manager app.
https://realbyteapps.net/promotion/share.html?code=31344490F0

Referee’s Code: 31344490F0

This event is for Android application users only.
Thank you
Does it show credit utilisation like wallet app does?
Screenshot_2023-07-25-08-46-30-24_6ec3ad9956eb2f3f768d6ab75a70dd80.jpg

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Does it show credit utilisation like wallet app does?
Screenshot_2023-07-25-08-46-30-24_6ec3ad9956eb2f3f768d6ab75a70dd80.jpg
No it does not... But you can add the credit card and make the payment to look like it was paid from cc...
There are two type of apps for expenses tracking.. one will read your message and add txn and other will not read message and you will manually add the txn.. money manager is in second category and wallet is in first...
Now it's your choice what you prefer

rohansamal

TF Buzz
The Wallet app is pretty good. And it has a lifetime license, so you don't have to pay renewal fees. And completely customizable

RajeshV

TF Premier
Fold has been decent. They use an account aggregator to automatically load your bank transactions. Credit card transaction is currently in a private beta and I'm not sure how it's done. You need an invite at the moment though, and it won't be free when it launches.

Their Discord server has been the best place to get invites in my opinion.

superstar@123

TF Select
I am currently using Axio Manager but if there are new and better options available, happy to look!
There are three requirements:

1. It should be able to pick expenses through SMS and then allow making entries.
2. It should allow uploading expenses proof for each transaction.
3. It should have automatic cloud backup facility.

Let me know if any app does all the above 3 !!

superstar@123

TF Select
Fold has been decent. They use an account aggregator to automatically load your bank transactions. Credit card transaction is currently in a private beta and I'm not sure how it's done. You need an invite at the moment though, and it won't be free when it launches.

Their Discord server has been the best place to get invites in my opinion.
This is now available and most of the new apps are using "Account aggregator" approach for recording transactions.
However,you can only link bank accounts and expenses incurred via CC are not captured anywhere.

superstar@123

TF Select
I have been using walnut (now AXIO) for over 7-8 years now to track my experiences. This is best app for expense tracking.
If you're on Android, go for this.

Recently I moved my banking to iPhone for security reasons and there are no secure apps on iOS for auto tracking.
I'm not comfortable sharing banking credentials on Walet for auto tracking.
Same here, have been using it for last 7-8 years. The best part, autobackup and SMS categorisation.
However, recently faced a situation where I changed my phone and for logging on the app on new phone, I was not getting OTPs. I tried so many times, wrote so many times to them but they were not able to solve it, so lost almost a month without tracking my expenses.

RajeshV

TF Premier
This is now available and most of the new apps are using "Account aggregator" approach for recording transactions.
It has been available for quite a while, and many old banks also use the same. I was just mentioning what they were using, not that they're some pioneers of that process.
However,you can only link bank accounts and expenses incurred via CC are not captured anywhere.
As I said, they are doing it and since I didn't join that private testing group, I'm not sure how.

I still prefer the good old tally. Helps me track all transactions, particularly bank-bank/wallet UPI, cashbacks/discounts, cash transactions and gains/losses in investments. Have data since 2013 at same place. Of course, I need to remember to give 5 min every day and enter the daily transactions.
Of course, at 50, I am also "old" by today's standards.

superstar@123

TF Select
It has been available for quite a while, and many old banks also use the same. I was just mentioning what they were using, not that they're some pioneers of that process.

As I said, they are doing it and since I didn't join that private testing group, I'm not sure how.
If they are tracking expenses from wallet/CC/etc, it would be really good !Will mostly get the invite this Sunday and will test it out !
Thanks