• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[iOS/iPhone] Please suggest good expense tracker app

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There are a few threads already on this topic, but I am not sure of any app that caters to my needs. Most of them are either available on Android or available on iOS with a subscription. My needs are simple

1. Ability to enter an expense(manually, no automation stuff like reading SMS or bank APIs)
2. Display expenses monthly (graphs/charts preferable)
3. Backing up data so that I can login using my phone number and retrieve

I am ready to pay a fee upfront to purchase the app, but I despise subscriptions. Please suggest a good app for iOS which suits my needs.
Thank you

Last edited:

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
You can check monefy. It is completely mannual. Using it for last 3 to 4 years. Screenshot_2023-11-17-23-46-07-06_b5a5c5cb02ca09c784c5d88160e2ec24.jpg
I used this earlier but then moved on to money manager & expenses which I've used for over an year. Now I'm trying money manager by realbyte. I found these two to be good.

Try them out once 😁😁

They're available on Android, iPhone users can confirm if they're available on app store or not.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can check monefy. It is completely mannual. Using it for last 3 to 4 years.
They're available on Android, iPhone users can confirm if they're available on app store or not.
There's an app called 'Money Manager Expense & Budget' by Realbyte for iOS. No 'Money Manager & Expenses' app though. Both of them(this app and Monefy) are having subscription plans. I hope the free version caters to my needs(mentioned in the post).

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
There's an app called 'Money Manager Expense & Budget' by Realbyte for iOS. No 'Money Manager & Expenses' app though. Both of them(this app and Monefy) are having subscription plans. I hope the free version caters to my needs(mentioned in the post).
Yes they do. They're almost same as paid apart from ads. That's the best part for these 3 apps, other apps limit something or other like number of custom categories, no of entries, etc

Screenshot for other people for clarity :

Easy UI : Bottom one
More features : Top one

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-18-15-18-17-61_b5a5c5cb02ca09c784c5d88160e2ec24.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-18-15-18-17-61_b5a5c5cb02ca09c784c5d88160e2ec24.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 33

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
There are a few threads already on this topic, but I am not sure of any app that caters to my needs. Most of them are either available on Android or available on iOS with a subscription. My needs are simple

1. Ability to enter an expense(manually, no automation stuff like reading SMS or bank APIs)

I am ready to pay a fee upfront to purchase the app, but I despise subscriptions. Please suggest a good app for iOS which suits my needs.
Thank you
Spendee or Ivy wallet. Not sure if Ivy wallet is on iOS but Spendee is there.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes they do. They're almost same as paid apart from ads. That's the best part for these 3 apps, other apps limit something or other like number of custom categories, no of entries, etc
Ivy wallet is a good all free open source option but I had mixed thoughts about it. I honestly appreciate the devs though
Thanks a ton for all the suggestions 🙏

sahildca

TF Premier
you can use Expense Manager app (available on both ios and android ) free and paid version.

1.yes
2.yes
3.yes, also you can see your expenses on your PC by connecting through wifi.

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I used this earlier but then moved on to money manager & expenses which I've used for over an year. Now I'm trying money manager by realbyte. I found these two to be good.

Try them out once 😁😁

manager by realbyte is is available on iPhone, and it’s work great

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I use Moneydance - a paid software.
The data is stored in iCloud or box And sync data between all devices. I enter expense on my mobile and look at the reports and reconcile on my MacBook

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I use Moneydance - a paid software.
The data is stored in iCloud or box And sync data between all devices. I enter expense on my mobile and look at the reports and reconcile on my MacBook
Thanks for the suggestion. As I mentioned in the original post, paid is okay, but as long as it's one time. Recurring payments(subscriptions) make little sense for my usecase, especially when alternate free options are available. Appreciate the suggestion though

Googix

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Been using wallet app in iPhone. Works seamlessly. Good thing is it gets synced in cloud. so we can access the data in web as well. I haven't seen any ads but its been a long time since i paid for it lifetime, so check it out youself.

Also quick tip, if you are gonna purchase for lifetime, purchase the same in android for reduced costs and it premium will be applied in ios app too.

bigbrain

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the suggestion. As I mentioned in the original post, paid is okay, but as long as it's one time. Recurring payments(subscriptions) make little sense for my usecase, especially when alternate free options are available. Appreciate the suggestion though
Moneydance is one time subscription. They provide next version free of cost. Later version has discounted price. I bouight in 2018 and never bothered to purchase a later version.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Been using wallet app in iPhone. Works seamlessly. Good thing is it gets synced in cloud. so we can access the data in web as well. I haven't seen any ads but its been a long time since i paid for it lifetime, so check it out youself.

Also quick tip, if you are gonna purchase for lifetime, purchase the same in android for reduced costs and it premium will be applied in ios app too.
Thanks for the tip and the suggestion. Appreciate it!

Moneydance is one time subscription. They provide next version free of cost. Later version has discounted price. I bouight in 2018 and never bothered to purchase a later version.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

I've been using this on all my devices:

Great! The UI looks slick. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ankur dhanda

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Expenses manager by webwizard. Free app with good functionality/ UI/ no ads/ cloud back up.