• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

App to save card details

Post number 56 has been selected as best answer.

superstar@123

TF Select
Ok what basis are you saying Google Keep is not secure? It is connected to your Google Account after all.

If you're thinking about app lock, it's just a gimmick tbh. Whoever can unlock your phone is always trustworthy to you.

If you're that much paranoid, use Secure Folder facility on your device and save card details in a .txt file.
I am not that paranoid and its a obvious that App Lock do provide an additional level of security, which is very good for apps which has sensitive data. Thats the reason why all the banking apps and finance related apps have feature of locking the app. (I guess they know about having another layer of security built in and they DONT rely alone on the Phone lock! )

However, I appreciate your comments and thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is this Android specific?

On iOS you can save in phone directly with face ID lock.

Go to Settings --> Safari --> Autofill --> Saved cards. Entry inside saved cards section is via Face ID lock... no pin, nothing. It is also difficult for anyone to find this setting.

You can directly land on this page via iPhone search (swiping down on home screen) by typing Autofill Safari

superstar@123

TF Select
Just write them on a notebook, click picture and set as your wallpaper. Easy access for you and everyone else.

Is this Android specific?

On iOS you can save in phone directly with face ID lock.

Go to Settings --> Safari --> Autofill --> Saved cards. Entry inside saved cards section is via Face ID lock... no pin, nothing. It is also difficult for anyone to find this setting.

You can directly land on this page via iPhone search (swiping down on home screen) by typing Autofill Safari
Yes, I have mentioned the app from the perpective of Android ecosystem since most of the people are on that.

What you have mentioned is good option for iOS. Hope the card details are getting backed up on Apple cloud ( so that in case of change of phone, the details can be restored)

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Make list on Samsung Notes and save to Samsung Secure Folder which can be opened with a pin that only you know (not the same one to unlock phone) 😅 Do not use biometrics.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
If you're that much paranoid, use Secure Folder facility on your device and save card details in a .txt file.
Good alternate, however, limited only to Samsung devices
Use Google Files > Safe Folder if your device doesn't have Native Secure Folder.

Devices with native secure folders:
Pixel phones
Samsung phones with Knox
Motorola phones with Thinkshield

superstar@123

TF Select
Use Google Files > Safe Folder if your device doesn't have Native Secure Folder.

Devices with native secure folders:
Pixel phones
Samsung phones with Knox
Motorola phones with Thinkshield
Does the file is saved locally or it gets backed up on cloud ?
If not, then its a problem that whenever you reset or change your phone, you have to redo the exercice of saving the cards again !
If yes, then its a good alternative !
Thanks for sharing !

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Does the file is saved locally or it gets backed up on cloud ?
If not, then its a problem that whenever you reset or change your phone, you have to redo the exercice of saving the cards again !
If yes, then its a good alternative !
Thanks for sharing !
You need to seriously make up your mind. 🤣

If you don't mind cloud backups, any cloud service with 2FA authentication like Bitwarden, Google Keep, Google Passwords, Dashlane, Brave Sync etc. will do.

If you're into local device storage, then only go for Secure Folders. The only aim of secure folders is on-device (local) encryption of files→SAFEST

superstar@123

TF Select
You need to seriously make up your mind. 🤣

If you don't mind cloud backups, any cloud service with 2FA authentication like Bitwarden, Google Keep, Google Passwords, Dashlane, Brave Sync etc. will do.

If you're into local device storage, then only go for Secure Folders. The only aim of secure folders is on-device (local) encryption of files →SAFEST
My mind is pretty clear as to what I am looking for in a ideal app or solution.
I guess you are not able to understand what I have mentioned in my first post!

Anyways, for your ease, I am looking for convenience(ease of use) and security and keeping that in mind, I have suggest Zoop wallet (and other options), since it ticks all the boxes which I have mentioned (and most of the people do look out for the same).

The post is created, so that if anyone knows a better solution, it can be shared so that the community can get the benefit out of it. Unfortunately, there is no brownie point where you need to prove that you are more smart than others here :)

First you told that app locks are gimmicks, which actually is not the case and I made my point as to why developers do insist on the same, depsite having a phone lock.

Having said that, thanks for commenting and giving your thoughts and time :)

superstar@123

TF Select
If you think that way, going forward, I'll refrain myself from commenting on your post.
Buddy, please do not pick one sentence and read my post in full !
I clarified as to why I have created this post and how it is going to benefit the community !

You are most welcome with your constructive and positive comments!