• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

App to save card details

Post number 56 has been selected as best answer.

superstar@123

TF Select
In today's scenario, many individuals possess more than five credit cards, making it impractical to carry them all at once. Moreover, for most online purchases, only the card number is required.
Storing card details in a convenient yet secure manner has been a priority for me. Over the years, I've explored solutions that strike a balance between convenience and security. Here's my take on a few options:

1. Folio: I've used this for over a year, and the recent launch of Folio 2.0 looks promising. The app allows easy copying of card numbers and saving the card itself. Despite incorporating security features, it's worth noting that Folio is a non-Indian app, and data is stored on their servers, raising security concerns.

2. Google Sheets: While a secure option, especially with two-factor authentication (2FA), it may not be the most convenient to access on a mobile device.

3. Zoop Wallet: A recent find, Zoop serves as both a document management app and a secure repository for card details. Card details stay on the phone, with cloud backup on Google Drive. This unique approach minimizes the risk of compromise, as card details aren't stored on external servers. Additionally, Google Cloud storage comes with 2FA for added security.

Of these options, I've opted for Zoop and have found it to be a satisfying choice.

If you've come across other noteworthy apps or solutions, feel free to share them. Any comments are also welcome! I hope you find this information helpful.

PS:
1. There are no referral links in this post.
2. I have searched before posting this as I could not find similar thread, however, if its there, please share it!
3. All the above options are completely free.

Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
You can simply save in a .txt file and compress it to .zip with a password and save it in gdrive.

You can simply utilize it in offline, but you miss graphics ui

Need
-- Zarchiver (optional if you can manage with xplore)
-- Xplore (file manager with several features, interface seems confusing)
-- Gdrive (optional only if you want cloud option)

superstar@123

TF Select
You can simply save in a .txt file and compress it to .zip with a password and save it in gdrive.

You can simply utilize it in offline, but you miss graphics ui

Need
-- Zarchiver (optional if you can manage with xplore)
-- Xplore (file manager with several features, interface seems confusing)
-- Gdrive (optional only if you want cloud option)
So while exploring the options, one of the main criteria is about "convenience to use" and I believe, none of the above has it !

Pankhuri

TF Ace
So while exploring the options, one of the main criteria is about "convenience to use" and I believe, none of the above has it !
Bitwarden is best for both security and convenience of use. You can copy card number with the press of a button. Is available for windows/mac/ipad/iphone/android/browsers.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Yes, I did considered them but found too much hassle while using it. Further, I am using Google password manager to save my password and having another password manager, its going to overlap ay many places.
you can easily transfer your google password list to bitwarden.

However if you don't want to do that, you can just not allow auto-fill permission to bitwarden. It won't come up when you want to put up password but can be accessed manually when you want to copy card number.

superstar@123

TF Select
you can easily transfer your google password list to bitwarden.

However if you don't want to do that, you can just not allow auto-fill permission to bitwarden. It won't come up when you want to put up password but can be accessed manually when you want to copy card number.
This seems to be a good option and someone who is looking for solution, can definitely try.
As of now, I will explore zoop wallet more as it can also save some of the important documents and also has linkage with Digilocker.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
In today's scenario, many individuals possess more than five credit cards, making it impractical to carry them all at once. Moreover, for most online purchases, only the card number is required.
Storing card details in a convenient yet secure manner has been a priority for me. Over the years, I've explored solutions that strike a balance between convenience and security. Here's my take on a few options:

1. Folio: I've used this for over a year, and the recent launch of Folio 2.0 looks promising. The app allows easy copying of card numbers and saving the card itself. Despite incorporating security features, it's worth noting that Folio is a non-Indian app, and data is stored on their servers, raising security concerns.

2. Google Sheets: While a secure option, especially with two-factor authentication (2FA), it may not be the most convenient to access on a mobile device.

3. Zoop Wallet: A recent find, Zoop serves as both a document management app and a secure repository for card details. Card details stay on the phone, with cloud backup on Google Drive. This unique approach minimizes the risk of compromise, as card details aren't stored on external servers. Additionally, Google Cloud storage comes with 2FA for added security.

Of these options, I've opted for Zoop and have found it to be a satisfying choice.

If you've come across other noteworthy apps or solutions, feel free to share them. Any comments are also welcome! I hope you find this information helpful.

PS:
1. There are no referral links in this post.
2. I have searched before posting this as I could not find similar thread, however, if its there, please share it!
3. All the above options are completely free.
I just use Bitwarden.