• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Splitwise is useless without Pro now

zoro

TF Select
I am not sure about others, but in the circle of people I know in different parts of India and abroad Splitwise has been like a standard app for tracking and splitting expenses.

In the past few months, they limited the search feature to Pro users, which was fine and manageable to an extent.

But today I noticed that I could not add more than 3 expenses per day, let it be on a group or individual expenses, I think it is high time we find other alternatives, I have started using group features in PhonePe and GooglePay, they are not as good and convenient as Splitwise but it does the job.

Let me know if others have any other alternatives or suggestions.

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I too faced the same issue today. Also I got a 10 sec ad while adding 3rd expense. My friend who is an infrequent user didn't face this though.

zoro

TF Select
I just added around 15 expenses for October, no restriction is there
in the first week of October I too added more than 30 or odd expenses when I went on a trip with my friends, but started facing this issue since yesterday

zoro

TF Select
what additional benefit does this provide which gpay already doesnt have in splitting expenses?
  1. the simplification of debts across different groups and also considering individual shared expenses.
  2. Also, I make use of this recurring transactions which makes my life easy to keep track of subscriptions like Netflix, google one etc
  3. In Splitwise you can record partial payments, this is not allowed in google pay.
  4. also, there is more control on tracking the expenses itself, like I can settle for others, can have comments on few expenses if required(when you go on long trips and there are 100s of expenses paid by multiple people this feature is a life saver)
The above are few things that come on top of my mind