• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What percentage of your income you save monthly ?

What % of salary you save monthly?

• 25-40%

• 0-25%

• 40-50%

• 50-75%

• 75%+

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am wondering, how come someone manage to save more than 75% in today's economy
No wonder.
Some Seniors like us do save like that.
By the time we retire, we had acquired all creature comforts - houses, vehicles, appliances.... - and must have paid all our loans. Kids - well educated n well settled in life. No need to support them. If healthy, we can easily save around 80% of regular incomes - pensions, rents recived, interests/dividends on investments.... With a well laid out plan, we can save on the tax front as well.

All this is/was possible, if ONLY it was conceived, planned n executed without any letups or slippages.

Anyone can do it.

techt

TF Legend
Role of spouse is extremely important in this journey.

If found a right n perfect fit, you always end up in green. Year after year. Forever.

Otherwise, end up in red, ballooning month after month. For the rest of your life -
irrespective of your increasing income levels.
బాగా చెప్పారు మాష్టారు 😊

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Role of spouse is extremely important in this journey.

If found a right n perfect fit, you always end up in green. Year after year. Forever.

Otherwise, end up in red, ballooning month after month. For the rest of your life -
irrespective of your increasing income levels.
Without significant upsurge in lifestyle.
From eating dosa at 40-80 rs .
To drinking ccd & Starbucks coffe for 500 rs
& Only buying Armani and prada from spykr jeans

You can save significant

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Reducing cost of living in this time where everything else apart from salary is spiking up every week or month.
inflation at the top, families and parents to take care of, education, rent, emi on normal cars, taxes etc. No idea how those who even save 40% do it?
Maybe its a lifestyle thing. Everyone has different priorities for now, which they can't fulfil, in which case even planning to fulfil future goals are things that aren't even in scope. Just saying, since I'm sure there are going to be many people who aren't even saving a single rupee or say less than 10% of their income

Last edited:
most people today are earning more (in terms of real purchasing power) than what their family was earning 20 years back. so it all depends on whether you maintain the same lifestyle that was 20 yrs back, or have upscaled it by aspiring to look more "affluent"
it also depends on the stage of life a person is at. the perspective towards life is significantly different at 30, 50 and 70.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My view is what's the point of saving so much money if you're not enjoying living with it in the best years of your life 20-50 say. eating, travelling, buying stuff, gifting etc. Again, just my view..