• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please suggest good app to track expenses

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
I use Google Sheets. Have a template that fits data for a (financial) year. So, one sheet per financial year. I tweak the template at times too to fit the new cards or bank accounts or a different type of expenses.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
But am using the app from close to 2.5+ years and it's great
I saw one of my friend using it and I liked it. He was using it by giving permission to SMS access, but I just wanted to be sure.
Manual entering is a no problem for me, as I already track my expenses in a google sheet.

harsha1

TF Buzz
I will elaborate, as I have made it customised for my requirements plus contains all my banking data.
I have one data entry sheet wherein I have following columns

1. Date
2. Bank Name
3. OF/IF
4. Bank1
5.Bank2
6.Total

This data is pulled from the bank/CC statements which I have put as separate sheets in the same file. This part is automated using the Powerquery. I just have to download the statement and paste in the respective tabs. This takes care of the data entry tab.

On the dashboard part I have built the dashboard analysing the monthly OF and IF with different slicers to enable quick analysis.

Hope this make sense to you.
Can you share excel in DM, if possible

Pravir

TF Neo
Hi All
I have been through a few of the above apps. Does anyone know of anything which satisfies the following:
- works with iOS
- auto sync with bank accounts & credit card accounts (ideally including American Express)
- also allow manual entries
- share expenses with partner using another device
- smart categorisation of spends
- view on desktop
bonus features
- add custom categories
- graphical representation/ analysis
- export to excel
Appreciate the advice.
Thanks
Pravir