• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please suggest good HPCL/IOCL CC

am322

TF Select
Hi,

I have already used and closed BoB (earn rewards only when paid thru HP Pay) and IDFC Power+ (only at select HP bunks) cards.

Can someone suggest good Fuel Card (only HPCL and Indian Oil please)?

eatpepsi

TF Select
Hi,

I have already used and closed BoB (earn rewards only when paid thru HP Pay) and IDFC Power+ (only at select HP bunks) cards.

they both seem like good cards, why did you close them, and what are the alternatives you have found ?

GShan

TF Select
VIP Lounge
how does that work out in terms of rewards / savings ?
10% discount upto 150 per 30 days on buying IOCL gv in Park+ app using One card. Buy HP gv in HP Pay app using any card giving higher returns e.g. Vistara, PTCC etc.

am322

TF Select
they both seem like good cards, why did you close them, and what are the alternatives you have found ?
* I didn't find any alternatives. That's why am checking here.
* BoB card gives CB when paid only through HP Pay, which I am not interested.
* IDFC Power+ gives CB only for selected/listed outlets usage. They are not crediting CB/points for transactions done in Bengaluru, leave about towns.

akish4u

TF Buzz
* IDFC Power+ gives CB only for selected/listed outlets usage. They are not crediting CB/points for transactions done in Bengaluru, leave about towns.
I'm happy with IDFC power plus, I got rewards for all transactions done till now, plus 5% rewards on grocery with an added advantage of rewards on UPI.
First month there was some issue with rewards, which i sorted out with CC, later they credited rewards with in five days. Now everything is smooth.

eatpepsi

TF Select
I'm happy with IDFC power plus, I got rewards for all transactions done till now, plus 5% rewards on grocery with an added advantage of rewards on UPI.
First month there was some issue with rewards, which i sorted out with CC, later they credited rewards with in five days. Now everything is smooth.
so how do you make the ideal transactions for fuel to get the max cashback/reward points ... can you please explain ?

akish4u

TF Buzz
so how do you make the ideal transactions for fuel to get the max cashback/reward points ... can you please explain ?
Near to the place where I stay, there is a reliable HP pump which accepts HP PAY with a seperate HP PAY QR code displayed, just like PAYTM QR code. I Scan that through HP pay app and enter details of the credit card followed by OTP.

Last edited:

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Near to the place where I stay, there is a HP pump which accepts HP PAY with a seperate HP PAY QR code displayed, just like PAYTM QR code. I Scan that though HP pay app and enter details of the credit card followed by OTP.
so that is the sure shot way to get cashback from BoB HPCL

eatpepsi

TF Select
Near to the place where I stay, there is a reliable HP pump which accepts HP PAY with a seperate HP PAY QR code displayed, just like PAYTM QR code. I Scan that through HP pay app and enter details of the credit card followed by OTP.
Thanks, I got it, they have the POS machine but unfortunately, they didn't know how to show the QR code, so I took it myself and taught them how to do it... did the transactions, got some hppay points, and will await crediting of reward points and report back with the details ...

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
Hi,

Been there done that kind of situation. I never got the point of having a specific fuel cards becoz most petrol pumps of PSU's are shitty 90% don't know about their own rewards like (hp pay, iocl xtra miles) moreover they never use proper swipe machine either it will be ugliest Paytm, bijli pay or GhatiyaPe POS machine which never caters your requirement.

Honestly in my opinion use Stan C Super value titanium or rewards card or AMEX gold charge which are independent of company specific bunks, agreed they have their own pros and cons but still better than useless fuel CCs.

Best would be wallet load and pay at pump simple, or use rupay cc via UPI

Last edited:
I was about to apply for IDFC Power card and your input is really helpful. Thanks..