• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Not able to get Amex credit card

tanmeet

TF Buzz
Sorry for the long post. I would be glad if u read it full and give your valuable input.

I have been trying to get an Amex Credit card. I applied for Smart Earn Credit card 3 months ago but got rejected. Then after 3 weeks I applied for MRCC and again got rejected due to income criteria.
Met an Amex agent a few days ago, told him the entire story and he said he would get me the Platinum Travel Credit Card ( I am doubtful because I already got rejected for two lower variants ) and he would get me value of joining fees( i.e. Rs 3500) back in the form of points( which makes sense and can be believed) and also if I happen to pay my bills timely he would also get the annual charges( i.e. Rs 5000) reversed in the statement (I highly doubt him, but he showed all the proofs of annual charges reversed of his two own cards in the statements). Morever, in case, I don't find the Platinum Travel useful, I may call the customer care and get this card downgraded to Smart Earn or MRCC , Now, I want to ask the following questions.

1. Can I really get the Platinum Travel Card after getting rejected for lower variants( i.e Smart Earn and MRCC)

2. In case I get the Platinum Travel Card can I get the annual charges reversed?

3. Does Amex allow downgrade of the cards (like from Platinum Travel to Smart Earn or MRCC)?

4. If the answer to all the questions is NO, then how can I get a basic Amex Card? ( Smart Earn or MRCC)

PS: Necessary details

1.Annual income: 5.33L ( salary + side income). I file ITR of 5.33L

2. Have multiple cards from different banks and have always applied as salaried individual.

3. CIBIL is 776 and have never defaulted ever.

gautampai

TF Select
Try applying using some referral code from the community members. I have an annual income of 6L, applied today and got tentative limit 1.8L-2.3L. that too without any salary proof/bank statement.( Had selected income range as 6L-8L in application.)

I am not sure if you'll get Platinum Travel with 5L, but MRCC you might get. Since you were recently rejected give it a month and then apply.

tanmeet

TF Buzz
Try applying using some referral code from the community members. I have an annual income of 6L, applied today and got tentative limit 1.8L-2.3L. that too without any salary proof/bank statement.( Had selected income range as 6L-8L in application.)

I am not sure if you'll get Platinum Travel with 5L, but MRCC you might get. Since you were recently rejected give it a month and then apply.
I too selected the 6L-8L, but they asked for the income proof and I submitted my ITR and then got rejected due to income criteria.

0xShailesh

TF Select
I was rejected multiple times, when I tried applying for smart earn, mrcc and plat travel. But was able to get plat travel approved, a few days after rejection with the help of @BestBanker. From what I know He works at amex. You may check with him..

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
1.Annual income: 5.33L ( salary + side income). I file ITR of 5.33L
This might be an issue in getting the Plat Travel.

Send me your pincode, previous card application dates and a little more info about what you do in a DM.
There have been some people who have gotten approved with even lower income but need to plan your application accordingly!

RTR01

TF Premier

How to see the limit given before card delivery?

sidhantjain

TF Buzz
Hey @BestBanker applied for Amex plat travel card today via referral link. Got rejected stating location is not serviceable but I live in south Delhi 110065. I am salaried with ITR > 35L and holding Infinia with limit of 25L and average annual spend of 15L. My CIBIL is 784 and I’ve never missed a payment either. Can you please help ? I want to get this card asap as I have to make some bookings.

BestBanker

TF Ace
Banker
Hey @BestBanker applied for Amex plat travel card today via referral link. Got rejected stating location is not serviceable but I live in south Delhi 110065. I am salaried with ITR > 35L and holding Infinia with limit of 25L and average annual spend of 15L. My CIBIL is 784 and I’ve never missed a payment either. Can you please help ? I want to get this card asap as I have to make some bookings.
Sorry. Cant do anything after applying. Have to wait for 90 days

sidhantjain

TF Buzz
@BestBanker Since it is an address / location issue can I cancel this application and apply again ? I need the card ASAP as I have to make travel bookings ASAP for business class. Should I go for any other card if I would be spending around 8Lakhs on travel bookings ?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
@BestBanker Since it is an address / location issue can I cancel this application and apply again ? I need the card ASAP as I have to make travel bookings ASAP for business class. Should I go for any other card if I would be spending around 8Lakhs on travel bookings ?
No , you can’t cancel an already rejected application.
However you can apply for another variant of Amex card . For example MRCC..
please check your DM for further details