• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 635

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi all
I applied for this upgrade offer on 22nd march but yet to hear back from amex. Can someone please tell me how long did it take you to get a response after applying?
Generally within 7 working days they revert. And the weekend in which you applied along with the coming weekend has many holidays. So it may take them

Btw when you say you applied, does that mean you clicked on the link showing interest for n upgrade or did you fill the application form for an upgrade ?

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Finally, took the plunge and applied for the card , yesterday evening at 8:15 PM. Did VKYC at 8:30 PM and got an email in the morning at 9:34 AM that card is approved.

I got the card last year but didn't activate, as Amex didn't agree to give me 1.25 lac points but only 1 lac

So, for me it's a good offer.Will wait for Marriott offer to get 30% bonus. Also, have a trip planned this month, so will avail latest Kaizen offer for 15k vouchers 😃

Last edited:

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Finally, took the plunge and applied for the card , yesterday evening at 8:15 PM. Did VKYC at 8:30 PM and got an email in the morning at 9:34 AM that card is approved.

I got the card last year but didn't activate, as Amex didn't agree to give me 1.25 lacs points but only 1 lacs.

So, for me it's a good offer.Will wait for Marriott offer to get 30% bonus. Also, have a trip planned this month, so will avail latest Kaizen offer for 15k vouchers 😃
Enjoy your metal.

Sumitbasu

TF Neo
My plat card is just 7 months old and I have already achieved the 4 Lac milestone.
I have received the Amex plat Reserve cc upgrade offer with full fee of 5k. I guess I should skip it. seeking members opinion.

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My plat card is just 7 months old and I have already achieved the 4 Lac milestone.
I have received the Amex plat Reserve cc upgrade offer with full fee of 5k. I guess I should skip it. seeking members opinion.

Don't think Plat reserve is worth it. Platinum travel is better, as it offers more opportunities to earn points than Plat reserve

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Haha, Thanks.... But the intent of my message was not to brag that I have a companion card but to inform you that Amex does give companion cards unlike what they were communicating to you. So maybe you could push more
I actually didn't do anything. I was just trying to negotiate my fees for my Plat Travel since I had now taken their Plat Charge as-well.

Few days later, I received a call stating my Plat Travel is now a companion to the Plat Charge + my MRCC is a companion to my Plat Travel.

So, as long as I have the Plat Charge - both my Plat Travel and MRCC are free.
I have this offer on both my Plat Travel and Gold Charge, and I also hold MRCC. According to you guys, accepting the offer on which of those first two cards would boost my chance of getting my Plat Travel as well as MRCC as free companions to the Plat Charge? The terms clearly say that Gold would get replaced, while Plat Travel would be retained after the Plat Charge upgrade, so I can retain PT in either case but I want it to be made a companion.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have this offer on both my Plat Travel and Gold Charge, and I also hold MRCC. According to you guys, accepting the offer on which of those first two cards would boost my chance of getting my Plat Travel as well as MRCC as free companions to the Plat Charge? The terms clearly say that Gold would get replaced, while Plat Travel would be retained after the Plat Charge upgrade, so I can retain PT in either case but I want it to be made a companion.
Getting companion card completely depends on your profile and the person assisting you.

Coming to upgrade offer, If you are taking upgrade from Gold charge card the card gets upgraded with same number (In this process you cannot hold 2 charge cards from Amex). If you are opting upgrade from any credit card then you have to fill the form and eligibility check happens and gets upgraded and your credit card stays (Here both Plat Charge and Gold Charge stays).

** General cases 2 Credit cards and 1 charge card accepted in Amex per user.

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I was given a upgrade option for Platinum Reserve card and I think I will be able to continue with my Gold charge and Platinum travel.

Will confirm once get Platinum charge in my hand.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I got the card last year but didn't activate, as Amex didn't agree to give me 1.25 lac points but only 1 lac

U wont get 1.25 lac n referral route

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am still not able to digest the fact of 70K fee :D More over my Plat Travel card is quite rewarding with 2.5K per year! Last year I got 10K+15K Taj voucher for 2.5K annual fee and 48K points! Why upgrade to Plat Charge for 70K :(
While everyone dies for having one card or another, every card doesn't make sense for everyone. Personally for me, I get 1.35 lacs points which is 1.75 lac Marriott points, which is easily 1.20 lacs worth stay at Marriott hotels in Asia.

Further, 10k Taj voucher on Birthday. Plus Kaizen offer can give further 30k.

So, for someone like myself it's a cool 1.60 lacs benefits in 72k. Plus there are awesome regular offers with Amex plat charge, which I am not even considering.

Centurian lounges added to the benefits and it becomes a awesome card for travellers.

So, one can do benefit analysis before taking the card.

mastfun

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
While everyone dies for having one card or another, every card doesn't make sense for everyone. Personally for me, I get 1.35 lacs points which is 1.75 lac Marriott points, which is easily 1.20 lacs worth stay at Marriott hotels in Asia.

Further, 10k Taj voucher on Birthday. Plus Kaizen offer can give further 30k.

So, for someone like myself it's a cool 1.60 lacs benefits in 72k. Plus there are awesome regular offers with Amex plat charge, which I am not even considering.

Centurian lounges added to the benefits and it becomes a awesome card for travellers.

So, one can do benefit analysis before taking the card.
Absolutely true, but I don't travel much so MB points are not very attractive for me!

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

So, got the message for card being dispatched but surprisingly it's a different number than the card I am upgrading. I already have 3 amex cards and not sure if Platinum Charge is issued as fourth card. As of now, looks more likely

ALOAK

TF Ace
So, got the message for card being dispatched but surprisingly it's a different number than the card I am upgrading. I already have 3 amex cards and not sure if Platinum Charge is issued as fourth card. As of now, looks more likely
Yes even i too hold 3 cards plat travel nrcc and gold cc all are different numbers