• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 635

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Got it on Plat travel. Thinking if I should go ahead or not
Depending on your expenses and how well you can utilize your MR points, that should help you make the decision.

If you're travelling abroad and will be spending 1L in hotels, this might help you save and reduce that cost.
If you don't have any travel plans or don't know where you will use the points, it might be a hard call.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Depending on your expenses and how well you can utilize your MR points, that should help you make the decision.

If you're travelling abroad and will be spending 1L in hotels, this might help you save and reduce that cost.
If you don't have any travel plans or don't know where you will use the points, it might be a hard call.
Agree - offer is open till 31st Jan - will take a call before that.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Value of 1,35,000 in terms of amazon voucher? Hotels and flights useless for me

The value will be much lower in terms of vouchers.

1,35,000 MR Points =

1,35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points
78,300 Taj Voucher
51,300 Amazon
(with 24K collection)

If you're redeeming them for vouchers, you will have to take other offerings by the card into consideration to decide if it matches your lifestyle.

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
it a lifestyle metal cc, it 70,800 with GST.. you won't get anything out of it if spend aren't in good range of 15/25 lakhs spend across flight,stay or business spend.
well not necessarily i spent 6L and got back around 2.5L last year.so it depends on how and where you do the spends.but yeah its mainly useful for travel-related expenses

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
24k collection won't be applicable with just this card but if someone wants to make the best use, they can apply for MRCC/Gold Charge as a second card to make the best utilisation of points. :)
oh you meant to say for example if someone hold gold/mrcc n platinum they can go for this platinum charge and MR point of 1,35,000 would be in pool together with his/her gold/mrcc.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
oh you meant to say for example if someone hold gold/mrcc n platinum they can go for this platinum charge and MR point of 1,35,000 would be in pool together with his/her gold/mrcc.
But then again, I read somewhere that the first card you hold should be MRCC or Gold Charge for the points to be pooled in the same bucket; otherwise, you will have two separate pools if your first card is Plat Travel or higher. I could be wrong, but it was discussed on TF.