• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Gold Charge Card VS Amex Platinum Charge

bhavik886151

TF Premier
I have MRCC and Platinum Travel from Amex get upgrade offer from platinum travel to platinum charge with 135000 points
recently visited a Mall in Mumbai and at Amex kiosk executive offer 50k Taj voucher instead of 135000 points for upgrade

As i came to know that we can add our GST number in charge card and then can make business spend on it
my yearly business spend like 30 lakh all are Online and mostly they accept amex card and many availabe on reward multiplier too
as gold charge and platinum charge boath have 5x on reward multiplier should i chose gold charge with 4k fees or platinum charge whose reward can componsate 70k fees

if i want to divert to these charge card which card will be best for me
i am rarely travel or used high end hotels to stay

I just want to extract more value for my spend then my exisitng caards

I already have ICICI business card, IDFC business card and Applied for the HDFC bizpower but there reward return are too bad

Rdspam

TF Premier
Amex Platinum has rewards xcelerator where some merchants give 20x points. It might be beneficial if your merchants are there.

Platinum is also mainly good for the lifestyle perks it offers. If you prefer luxuries over essentials then Platinum will enhance that experience unlike any other. If you are going into it for cashback and reward points then there are much better and cheaper cards.

If none of these two above points are important to you then Gold is a much much much better card any day.

Also, amex has a separate line of business cards meant for business expenses and the 55k taj voucher can be availed online as well instead of the 135k points bonus. They give you an option to pick.

bhavik886151

TF Premier
Amex Platinum has rewards xcelerator where some merchants give 20x points. It might be beneficial if your merchants are there.

Platinum is also mainly good for the lifestyle perks it offers. If you prefer luxuries over essentials then Platinum will enhance that experience unlike any other. If you are going into it for cashback and reward points then there are much better and cheaper cards.

If none of these two above points are important to you then Gold is a much much much better card any day.

Also, amex has a separate line of business cards meant for business expenses and the 55k taj voucher can be availed online as well instead of the 135k points bonus. They give you an option to pick.
any other business or corporate cards you know for cashback or reward points only