• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    52 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 649

ALOAK

TF Ace
Value of 1,35,000 in terms of amazon voucher? Hotels and flights useless for me
It will be good for marriot hotels or miles programmes. It is also good for trf to Hilton hotels too. When compared to US Amex cards Bharathiya Amex cards get raw deal in terms of annual fee comes to 59k for 695 USD and benefits. And here it is 70k huhh such a vast difference.And if amex opens their own lounge in Bangalore and Chennai Hyd Airport it will be full believe as many would be having plat chg here. My imagination. 🤔.

ALOAK

TF Ace
How old is your account?
Since 2021 smart earn was my first card and got plat travel next on upgrade and lst month cancelled smart earn and got mrcc. So have two plat travel and mrcc currently am abt to meet my 2nd year 4l milestone in another 6 months as per my calculation as I already cleared 2nd time 1.9l milestone with in 2 months and got the 15k points.i met this quickly because I have travel to Thailand on Jan 17th 2024

ccdc

TF Ace
Since 2021 smart earn was my first card and got plat travel next on upgrade and lst month cancelled smart earn and got mrcc. So have two plat travel and mrcc currently am abt to meet my 2nd year 4l milestone in another 6 months as per my calculation as I already cleared 2nd time 1.9l milestone with in 2 months and got the 15k points.i met this quickly because I have travel to Thailand on Jan 17th 2024
you can get 2 plat travel cards...one from upgrade and other one from?....you got upgrade first or other one first?

nomad

TF Premier
Maybe because of the card upgrades?
Seems like a targeted offer

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is no way amex approves all the applications right? I get 70k is a huge price to pay but 135k points breaks it even if you have 1 single luxury vacation planned in 2024. Decent percentage of people who hold Plat travel might end up upgrading if they realise MR points? or maybe this is confirmation bias and i am overestimating ccgeek community.

Their concierge is already shit, if they approve this many they cannot handle the volume and will go down the axis way. Amazing i guess.
You feel that everyone is getting offer because your timeline let you feel so, if you count numbers, you will realize its very very low

arjun697

TF Premier
There is no way amex approves all the applications right? I get 70k is a huge price to pay but 135k points breaks it even if you have 1 single luxury vacation planned in 2024. Decent percentage of people who hold Plat travel might end up upgrading if they realise MR points? or maybe this is confirmation bias and i am overestimating ccgeek community.

Their concierge is already shit, if they approve this many they cannot handle the volume and will go down the axis way. Amazing i guess.
They will, not a bad deal considering just how many who would never ever consider Amex Plat will be lured into taking this because of the hype.
It's worse for Amex to keep selling 10k points for 4k. Even if 13 different people randomly buy, for 68k, they will have to give 170k points.
Of course no tier benefits like the Plat card they have to offer this way.

HimachaliJeeper404

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Value of 1,35,000 in terms of amazon voucher? Hotels and flights useless for me
I don't think it makes sense to get this card if you are looking for amazon vouchers.
We need to understand 1 fact here, Plat charge card is not a cashback type of card. If you are seriously into Hotels & flights , then only it makes sense to go ahead for this card. Else leave it.

HimachaliJeeper404

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What is the "Do Anything" concierge service? I mean what benefit you get from it. I have never used any concierge service, so bit curios.
This can be helpful in unique use cases.
Cases where you want to get an access to some fast selling events. Concierge can help getting you those tickets, they have done it in past for some of us.
Getting confirmations on some select restaurants where getting a booking is an issue etc.

HimachaliJeeper404

TF Select
VIP Lounge
it a lifestyle metal cc, it 70,800 with GST.. you won't get anything out of it if spend aren't in good range of 15/25 lakhs spend across flight,stay or business spend.
I don't think so. Even if your spends are on lower side but you have a significant expense coming as part of travel. Getting this card makes sense.
In a good scenario, 1.35L MR points can get you 1.75 L Marriott points which should be good to redeem and get approx 10+ nights in a descent Marriott property within India.

D7162

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My 2 cents on upgrade offer.
Amex replaces old card with the new one , all card details including card number etc will remain the same.

So if you are getting upgrade offer on plat travel , your plat travel would get closed and replaced by Plat charge.
Customer care is not much diff than axis

Yesterday night, when I selected chat option, lady told me I can hold 2 credit card + 2 charge card so when i select travel card for upgrade, it wont be closed

today lady said, only 3 cards allowed 2 credit card + 1 charge card

Anyways, I applied, will update how it goes